"Please.....Be My Boyfriend"

"The Answer is You"

  

               “Please........be my boyfriend.”

                “MWORAGO???”

Yonghwa’s voice echoed in cafeteria room that very morning caused other employees curiously looking at him. Still in shock state, as if his soul left his body, he looked at the sparkling eyes of the person whom just asked him to be her boyfriend.

“Are you sick or something? Are you being possessed by evil spirit by now?” Yonghwa asked in worried voice while put his hand at that woman’s forehead.

“Anniyaa,” she said while waving his hand from her forehead.

“Then what in the world that makes you ask me to be your boyfriend, Seo Joo Hyun?” Yonghwa raised his tone.

“Shimcake oppa. I just wanna ask you to pretend to be my boyfriend. Just for one day. Just in front of my unnies.” Seohyun explained to Yonghwa.

Back then at the wedding, Yonghwa promised Seohyun to grant one of her wish as his gratitude toward her. And here, Seohyun delivered her wish. She wanted Yonghwa to be her one-day-boyfriend. Apparently, she will meet her unnies this weekend, Taeyon and Hyoyeon. Since Seohyun is the youngest of them all, they took care of her so much. They kept insisting her to get boyfriend to take care of her since they already married and unable to be with her all the time. They have arranged several blind dates for Seohyun but she was successfully made up excuses.

“That’s why, if this time I don’t bring a boyfriend with me, I don’t know what they will do. I just don’t have enough time for their silly plans to hook me up with someone every time,” she ended her long explanation to Yonghwa.

“Pleasee, Help me this time,” Seohyun begged Yonghwa with almost-crying-eyes.

“How can I do that….. Just ask one of your ex-boyfriend from States or somebody else,” Yonghwa denied.

“That’s impossible. Because………………because………” She thought so long before continued, “because I never had a boyfriend before,” Seohyun said while looking at the other directon.

“Eiiii,….maltuandwae….. Jeongmalyo?? Wow…daebak… “Yong Hwa said in surprise tone.

“I just didn’t have time for that oppa. That’s why, please help me just this one time. I will not ask any other thing.”

“Arasseo. I have promised you after all…… Just one day right?” Yonghwa finally gave up.

“Jeongmal kamsahamnida oppa^^ I’ll treat you ice cream next time,” Seohyun said with sparkling eyes of happiness.

“You wanna bribe me with ice cream?? Eiii…. Jashik…. You should give me something more”

“Let’s go back to work. Jonghyun oppa said that we will have a meeting soon,” she said while ignoring Yonghwa’s words.

***

 

“Yonghwa oppa, don’t forget tomorrow. 11 a.m at Maple Tree House,” Seohyun said while waving goodbye to Yonghwa and the others.

“What was that hyung? Are you dating her now?” Minhyuk asked in curiosity.

“It’s not like that. She asked me to pretend to be her boyfriend in front of her sisters, and I said yes.”

“Ah…. So it’s like that.”

“And now you’ve got to accompany me to buy my outfit for tomorrow. I have to look decent tomorrow,” said Yonghwa firmly.

“Why do you try so hard to look good if it’s just a fake? Hehehehehehhee?” Jungshin .

“Aiiisshhh…. Palli kaja..........O,, Jonghyunie odisso?” Yonghwa asked.

“Moleugesseo. He disappeared right away after the bell rang.” Minhyuk explain.

Three of them finally reached one of the shopping centers at Seoul-downtown. They inspected the fashion store one by one to find good outfit for Yonghwa. After two-long-hours of searching, Yonghwa decided to buy a brown leather jacket and a black-white gorgeous shirt to pair with. He also bought a brown pair of shoes to match the leather jacket. In short, he will look nice in that outfit. Yonghwa, Minhyuk, and Jungshin then went to restaurant to fill their empty stomach. Suddenly Jungshin noticed someone faraway.

                “Oh....Isn’t it Jonghyun hyung?” Jungshin said while pointing away at the department store.

                “What is that guy doing over there? Who’s that little girl?” Yonghwa said while observing.

“Does he have a niece? It can’t be……. He didn’t kidnap that kid right??” Jungshin said in worried tone.  

                “Yaaa…. Why would he bother does that!!!” Minhyuk yelled at Jungshin silliness.

                “It’s okay. We can ask him later. Quickly finish your meal and we go home,” Yonghwa said.

That night three of them still questioned about Jonghyun and that little girl. What did Jonghyun do with a little girl at this place late at night?

***

 

Yonghwa arrived somewhere not too far from the meeting place. He and Seohyun agreed to meet there first so they can come to the restaurant together. Since he arrived early, he had to wait a bit for Seohyun. After couple of minutes, Seohyun arrived. She wore a nice beige mini dress that matched her hair. Along with white cardigan, and light-brown leather boots. She looked especially stunning in that bright day.

                “Annyeonghaseyo oppa!” She greeted him brightly.

                “O…ow… Annyeonghaseyo,” Yonghwa stuttered after seeing her.

                “Let’s go there. We’ll be late.”

                “Wohh..You look really beautiful,” he whispered himself.

They entered the restaurant and headed to the table that already reserved. The Seo sisters haven’t arrived yet. 10 minutes later a storm sound hit the restaurant.

                “Seo Joo Hyuuuuuunnnnnn…….” Taeyon and Hyoyeon screamed as they entered restaurant.

It was a relieved that there were just three or four other couples at next tables. That way they won’t be kicked out of the restaurant for the noise. Three of them hugged each other because they haven’t met for so long.

                “Unnie, I miss you so much”

                “Hyunnie…how are you doing dear?” Hyoyeon asked her.

                “I’m really fine unnie. Anyway, let’s sit first,” Seohyun said while guiding her unnies to the table.

“Ommo..ommo… Who’s this handsome man Hyunnie? Aren’t you going to introduce him to us?” Taeyon asked while looking at Yonghwa curiously.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Jung Yonghwa imnida. Banggapsumnida!” Yonghwa introduced himself while bowing to Taeyon and Hyoyeon. “Here I brought flowers for you. Please accept it,” Yonghwa said while handing them the flowers.

“Is he your boyfriend Hyunnie?” Hyoyeon asked in teasing tone.

“Ah…nee… Namja Chingu-ieyo,” Seohyun answered with stutter voice.

“Aigoo…. Uri Hyunnie really knows how to pick a guy,” said Hyoyeon.

“Jeongmalyo?? Hahaha…. In fact, me and Hyoyeon already planned to get you a blind date with a nice guy. But apparently we don’t need to do it anymore,” said Taeyon.

“That’s right unnie. He even brought us flowers. And after all, he must be a great guy, since he able to stole our maknae’s heart,” Hyoyeon said while admiring Yonghwa.

“Ah unnie, geumanhae” Seohyun tried to stop her talkative sisters.

                “Arasseo. Let’s have something to eat. I’m craving now,” Taeyon said while reading the menu.

Seo sisters plus Yonghwa enjoyed their lunch happily. They mostly talked about Seohyun when she was a kid and also their life these recent years after Taeyon and Hyoyeon got married. Thankfully, Yonghwa cheerful personality really matched well with Taeyon and Hyoyeon talkativeness.

“So, Yonghwa ssi, when do you plan to marry Seohyun?” Hyoyeon asked bluntly and caused Yonghwa to choke the water while drinking.

“Unnie, ige mwoya? Why ask something like that?” Seohyun said while helping Yonghwa wiped the water.

“Wae? Don’t you wanna get married?” Taeyon asked her.

“Of course I want. But….” Seohyun didn’t know what to say.

“Taeyon ssi, Hyoyeon ssi, what Seohyun tried to say is she doesn’t wanna be in hurry to think about marriage. Since there are so many things that she needs to learn about the company so I think she needs to be more focus on that. She is still so young after all. ….. But, when she’s ready, I’m sure she will tell both of you. Please support her decision right now.,” Yonghwa helped Seohyun with the explanation.

“Oooowwwww… Yaa, Seo Joo Hyun, you are so lucky having him as your boyfriend,” Hyoyeon said in envies tone.

“Arasseo Hyunnie ya… Whatever your decision is, we will support you,” Taeyon added.

“Kamsahamnida unnie……… Uhm, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go to restroom for a while,” Seohyun said while leaving three of them.

Yonghwa watched Seohyun left until she entered the restroom. He then noticed the Seo sisters looked at his expression.

“Jung Yonghwa ssi, let me tell you something. Until this point, we are really satisfied with you. You are a good example of a-husband-to-be for our Seohyunnie. But please keep this in mind. If you dare to make her cry, or sad, or hurt, you better not meeting any of us because we will sure make you regret what you did,” Hyoyeon threatened Yonghwa with smile.

“Hahahhaa… She’s only kidding with you Yonghwa ssi. But it’s really my sincere wish. Please take care of her. Maybe you see that she can do everything on her own, and of course doing it perfectly (Yonghwa nodded an agreement). But there are so many things she lacks, especially in relationship with other people. I’m sure if you guide her well, she will be more fascinating than now,” said the oldest sister.

“Aigesumnida. I can’t promise that I won’t make her cry, or sad, or hurt. But I promise I will try my very best not to give up. No matter how many times I will fail, I won’t give up taking care of her,” Yonghwa said firmly with promising eyes to Hyoyeon and Taeyon.

Taeyon and Hyoyeon seemed satisfied with his answer. But inside his mind, Yonghwa asked himself why he said such things. He just pretended to be Seohyun’s boyfriend after all. Then, Seohyun joined them back at the table. After a view minutes they left the restaurant.

“It’s so nice meeting you today Hyunnie. Next time you must visit our house. And you must also come with her Yonghwa ssi,” Hyoyeon said to both of them.

“You must find the perfect time to visit us Hyun, since you will be busy with your work. Ah…. Don’t forget to invite Jaesuk and Jongkook oppa, and also the others to come. I feel really bad I didn’t come at Jongkook’s oppa wedding,” said Taeyon.

“Gwaenchanhayo unnie, I already told him that both of you were at Europe at that time.”

“Ok then… I think it’s time to go. See you later. Both of you, take care of your health, you too Hyoyeon,” Taeyon said while her driver opened the door of the car.

“Hyunnie, Yonghwa ssi, I’m leaving now. Annyeong!!!” Hyoyeon waved them goodbye while her car driving away from the sight.

After her sisters left, Seohyun and Yonghwa took a walk.

                “Finally it’s over for today,” Seohyun said in relieved.

                “No. It’s not over yet. You have promised me. Remember?” said Yonghwa.

                “Arraseo oppa. Let’s goooo!!!”

***