Dye

I'm Not Your Rose

Seunghyun walked from the dorms to the go to his classes. He was tired and a bit cranky from watching that movie last night and it didn't help that Seungri tossed in his sleep. He rubbed the back of his neck, it was official, he was never going to let Seungri sleep with him again. Seunghyun took a left turn and stopped in his tracks, “Speaking of the devil.”

 

Seungri waved at Seunghyun, it looked like he was chatting up some girl and she didn't look interested. Seunghyun walked over to him and threw his arm around him then nodded to the girl. Her disinterested smile brightened when she saw Seunghyun; another one of his groupies.

 

“Sup Seungri, who's the girl?”

 

Seungri glared at him, “Really? Seunghyun, Really?”

 

“What?” Seunghyun smiled down at Seungri, he knew what he was doing.

 

Seungri narrowed his eyes, “Nadezhda, Seunghyun, Seunghyun meet Nadezhda. She's a foreign exchange student.”

 

Seunghyun nodded his head, “It's nice to meet you Nadezhda.”

 

Nadezhda giggled, “It is very nice to me you to.” she had a heavy Russian accent.

 

“You have a lovely accent where are you from Russia?” Seunghyun was laying on the charm.

 

She smiled widely, “Yes, that is my home country.”

 

Seungri glared profusely at Seunghyun, he felt that Seunghyun hated him and there must be something that he did to make him this way. “Seunghyun isn't there something you have to do?”

 

“No, I just came to see you.” he smiled and pinched his cheek.

 

Seungri looked at him skeptically, what was he doing?

 

Seunghyun noticed the weird look on Nadezhda's face, “You seem confused, me and Seungri are a gay couple.”

 

A look of understanding came on her face, “Oh I see.”

 

Seungri's eyes widened, “I'm not gay, more like Bi. It's not what you think, Seunghyun is just messing around. Tell her.”

 

“You see he's just a little embarrassed, we haven't really come out yet.”

 

She giggled, “I see, your secret is safe with me. I must be going now, it was nice to meet the both of you.” she waved and walked away.

 

Seungri gave Seunghyun an angry look, “What did I ever do to you?”

 

“She wasn't interested in you anyways, think of it as doing you a favor.” Seunghyun tried suppress his laughter.

 

“Did I run over your dog or something?”

 

Seunghyun pat him on the shoulder, “No you didn't run over my dog, I don't have a dog.”

 

“I was so close to getting her number.”

 

“She looked bored out of her mind, I just wanted to spice thinks up.” Seunghyun was having a hard time keeping his smiles down. “One day you'll find the right girl or guy and you'll live happily ever after. Trust me, she wasn't the one.”

 

“And how do you know that?”

 

Seunghyun pointed to the right of him, “Look.”

 

Seungri look to where he was pointing, “That ! She's flirting with another group of guys. Is that Jiyong?”

 

“I think it is. It looks like he's getting her number.”

 

“That bastard, he's been my rival for years.”

 

Seunghyun tapped his chin, “Didn't your last girlfriend dump you for him?”

 

“That was such a painful memory.” Seungri grimaced just thinking about it.

 

“Actually I think it was a few of your girlfriends now that I think about it.” Seunghyun tapped his chin, “Yeah I'm pretty sure it was more than one.”

 

“You don't have to bring those types of things up.”

 

Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders and continued to look at the group of guys surrounding Nadezhda. His amused smile quickly fell off his face. “That bastard.”

 

“I know right?”

 

“Not Jiyong, that bastard right there.” he pointed to a guy standing next to Daesung, his arm was around him and they were smiling, “Who the hell is that?”

 

Seungri looked over, “I think his name is Youngbae. He looks pretty close to Daesung, I wonder how well he knows him.”

 

Seunghyun grabbed Seungri's arm, “Go over there.”

 

“What?”

 

“Go over there and see what's the deal with them.”

 

Seungri shook his head no, “How about you go over there and see what's up? I don't know any of those people I'll look weird.”

 

“Oh yeah, I'm going to go over there and get told off by Daesung and his new beau, I don't think so.” Seunghyun angrily ran a hand through his hair, “What the hell is he doing with that guy? I though he only concentrated on homework and studying and anything that isn't fun. Why are they together?”

 

“Well when two boys like each other they tend to-

 

“I know why there together, but I want to know WHY there together. This is ridiculous.”

 

“Everything is ridiculous to you.”

 

Seunghyun paced in the hallway, “This is not kosher, I can not believe this. I'm not happy with this situation.”

 

Seungri took a couple steps away from him, “I think you need to calm down, you don't even know if they're dating or not.”

 

Seunghyun stopped pacing, “You're right, they could be close friends.”

 

Daesung noticed Seunghyun staring at him and Youngbae, he wondered if he was going to do something about it. He watched as he ran his hand through his hair and paced around the corridor. It was amusing to see him so disgruntled. Daesung locked eyes with him and grabbed Youngbae's hand, maybe he'll get the message if he showed him some P.D.A.

 

“Youngbae?”

 

Youngbae looked at him, “Hmm?”

 

Daesung gave him a quick peck on his lips, nothing that would startle him to much.

 

Youngbae touched his lips, “Well that's different.”

 

Seunghyun saw the kiss and almost fell to the floor in an outrage, “Did you see that?”

 

Seungri let out an amused sigh, “Yeah I saw. What are you going to do?”

 

Seunghyun ran a hand through his hair a few times then pulled his fringe down in front of his eyes. “I'm going to dye my hair.”

 

“Seunghyun you're to young to go through a mid life crisis.”

 

“If I dye my hair a cool and vibrant color he has to notice it right?”

 

Seungri shook his head, “Your logic is illogical.”

 

“Shush I'm thinking of a color.” Seunghyun stood there thinking of what he should do with his hair. He pat his cheek, trying o figure out what would look good on him, “I got it.”

 

“What'd you think of?”

 

“You'll see.” Seunghyun started walking away from Seungri.

 

“Wait hold up, where are you going? We have classes.”

 

“I'll go next time.”

 

“You're not supposed to go to college just so you can skip classes to get a haircut.”

 

“It's not a haircut, it's a hair-revolution.” Seunghyun walked away and left Seungri.

 

Seungri face-palmed, “Hair-revolution?”

 

Daesung saw Seunghyun literally storm out of the vicinity. He turned to Youngbae and smiled warmly at him, maybe Seunghyun finally got the message. Youngbae gave him back a clueless smile, unaware of anything that happened.

 

“Hey, lets get out of here.”

 

Youngbae raised an eyebrow, “Out where?”

 

“Lets go back to our dorm.”

 

Youngbae gave him a curious look, “Our dorm, why?”

 

“I want to try something. Lets go, come on.”

 

“Okay then.”

 

Daesung waved to get Jiyong's attention, “Jiyong we're going to our dorm.”

 

Jiyong gave them a sly smile, “Okay you go have fun you two crazy kids.”

 

Daesung grabbed Youngbae by the hand and pulled him tot heir dorm. When they got in the dorm Daesung shut the door and leaned his back against it. “Okay, come here.”

 

Youngbae was unsure if he wanted to walk over to Daesung, “What's up?” he stood in front of him with a curious expression.

 

Daesung grabbed his chin and crashed his lips onto his. Youngbae was surprised from the sudden kiss he was receiving. He didn't know how he was supposed to feel about it. It kind of felt weird and nice at the same time. Daesung hooked his fingers in Youngbae's belt loop and pulled him closer. Youngbae gingerly put his hands on Daesung's waist, he had little experience with woman and no experience with men, so this was extremely knew to him.

 

Daesung pulled back, “How was that?”

 

Youngbae touched his lips for the second time today, “It was definitely different from what I'm used to.”

 

Daesung's eyes traveled down, “It seems that you get excited easily.”

 

Youngbae's eyes widened and he turned around, “I don't know what you're talking about.”

 

“I think you need a cold shower.”

 

Youngbae's face brightened a few shades of red, “Don't make fun of me.”

 

“I'm not making fun of you, come here.” Daesung wrapped his arms around his friend and chuckled into his back. “It helps that you felt something.”

 

“How?”

 

“Well if you didn't have any feelings toward guys then you wouldn't have gotten excited. So that tells me something.”

 

“How is it that I'm feeling this way?”

 

Daesung shrugged, “It's probably just me. I do have a very popular boy lusting after me. Though I think he got the message.”

 

“I don't think Seunghyun will ever stop liking you at least not until he gets what he wants.”

 

“That boy has been after me for so long.”

 

Youngbae was interested, he had never known why Seunghyun had this weird crush on him. “Why does he like you?”

 

“That is a mystery even to me. He had always been like this I don't understand why someone like him would want to be with a guy like me. It's strange.”

 

“I think you're out of his league.”

 

Daesung unwrapped his arms from around Youngbae and stood in front of him, “A lot of people would beg to differ.”

 

“A lot of people are conformists.”

 

Seungri had paced around his dorm for a while, he had finished his classes and it was getting late. He wondered where Seunghyun had gone to get his hair done for him to be taking this long. He checked his watch and looked at the door. He was becoming quite impatient because he wanted to see what hair color he decided to dye it. Knowing Seunghyun he would of went with something that would grab everyone's attention let alone Daesung's.

 

The door knob moved causing Seungri's eyes to look at the door in anticipation. Seunghyun walked in and his jaw almost dropped to the floor. Gone were Seunghyun's black locks and instead was replaced with a short look. The sides of his hair were cut really close and were still black but the top of his head was a bright blue. Seungri looked at the mess of blue hair on top of his head.

 

Seunghyun ignored Seungri's shocked looks and went over to the mirror. He grabbed a comb and combed it back. “I think I like it slicked back. What do you think?”

 

with it slicked back the hairstyle looked a bit more sophisticated but it still had an edgy look to it. “You look like Jack Frost's long lost brother.”

 

“Whatever I think it looks nice.” Seunghyun trying to find a way to keep his hair in place.

 

“When you said you were going to dye your hair I thought you would go for a brown not bright blue.”

 

“I wanted people to notice my hair not just look at it and say oh you dyed your hair. I want them to be like, damn! You dyed your hair.”

 

“Oh yeah people are going to notice with that color. I think I'll call you frost for now on.”

 

“I think I'm going to go out and show it off.” he ignored Seungri's obvious teasing.

 

“What about curfew?”

 

“I'll stay in the dorm.” Seunghyun left Seungri with a shocked look on his face.

 

Seungri touched the hair on top of his head, “He dyed it blue.”

 

Seunghyun walked along the dorm. He wasn't expecting to see anyone out, he just wanted to get away from Seungri's shocked look. He leaned on a wall and stared at nothing in particular. He was about to go somewhere when he saw a mess of shaggy brown hair.

 

“Daesung!”

 

Daesung turned around to see Seunghyun leaning on a wall. He had stepped out to get a breath of fresh air and he wasn't expecting to see Seunghyun out when curfew was approaching. He also didn't expect to see the bright blue color on his head. Daesung didn't want to be rude so he walked over to Seunghyun.

 

“Yes?”

 

“I watched the Titanic.”

 

“Oh.” Daesung didn't think he would actually go and see the movie, props to him.

 

“Do you not like love stories? Is that why you said those things at the party?” Seunghyun didn't get why Daesung didn't like him. What was this more that he wanted?

 

Daesung ignored his question, he didn't think he needed to explain himself anymore, “Why did you dye your hair?”

 

“I was thinking of a change. Why? Do you like it?”

 

Daesung could hear the eagerness in his voice. He knew he wanted him to like it. “It's alright. Are you trying to set a trend?”

 

“It's just alright? You never fail to deflate a male ego, and no I'm not trying to set a trend.” Seunghyun was visibly upset, he really like his knew hairstyle and he was hoping it would get a better rise out of Daesung.

 

Daesung noticed that Seunghyun's mood had changed. Despite him not liking Seunghyun, he didn't want to hurt the guy's feelings, “Your hair looks really nice Seunghyun.”

 

“You're just saying that because you think my feelings are hurt. I'm not stupid you know.”

 

“I like your hair, take the compliment.” Daesung moved to walk away. He didn't want to stand there chatting it up with Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun grabbed his arm to keep him from leaving, “Don't go yet.”

 

“Why should I stand here with you. I already told you to keep your distance and I'm trying to keep mine.”

 

Seunghyun kept his grip on Daesung's arm, “I don't want you to go yet, I like you.”

 

“I know you like me, but I can't return those feelings so if you would excuse me.”

 

“What does that Youngbae guy have that I don't?” Seunghyun stared at Daesung intently.

 

“It doesn't matter about what he has. When will you learn that I don't care about any of the superficial things you care about?”

 

Seunghyun tsked, “I think you've got it all wrong.”

 

“You think I've got what wrong?”

 

“I think you are Rose.”

 

Daesung yanked his arm out of Seunghyun's grip and folded his arms, “No I'm not.”

 

“Yes you are, and I got it wrong too. I thought I would be your Jack but the way make me sound out to be is not Jack at all.”

 

“So who are you then?” Daesung was intrigued to hear his theory.

 

“You're Rose and I'm Cal; unfortunately; you don't want my materialistic things and you're searching for something different am I right on that?”

 

“Go on.”

 

“I want you for myself and yet you want to go to someone else. I'm Cal, you're Rose, and Youngbae's Jack.” Seunghyun cupped his face, “You're the beautiful Rose that's being fought over by two determined men. One already has your heart while the other stands bitterly on the side lines.”

 

Daesung removed his hand off of his face, “You're point is?”

 

A determined smile spread onto Seunghyun's face, “This isn't a movie and we aren't on a sinking boat. The rules can be changed Daesung. I don't have to lose, you can always change your mind because we have all the time in the world. You can still be my Rose.”

 

“No, this is where I get it right. I'm still not your Rose and I will never be.” Daesung left Seunghyun standing there.

 

Seunghyun still had the determined smile on his face. He wasn't going to lose, Seunghyun was not a loser.