My What?

I'm Not Your Rose

Seunghyun was definitely gay and everybody knew that, but it didn't matter because no one would dare call him out on it. Everyone on the college knew Seunghyun, it wasn't that he was aiming to be popular it was just the things he did that made him popular and being good looking also helped. Seunghyun was the type to grab you by the arm and kiss you because he wanted to, and if you were like anybody else you'd enjoy the kiss. He acted like this for one person, he only ever wanted one person.

 

That person had a beautiful smile and a heavenly gaze. He dreamed about touching him and making him his, but that would never happen. He didn't know why, but he had never gotten that longing gaze from the one person he wanted it the most from. Everyone else did, even the shameful girls who he had no interest in. It wasn't like he was lusting after a straight man, what was this guys deal? It seemed like he would never have Kang Daesung.

 

Daesung watched Seunghyun shamelessly kiss some guy in broad daylight. He scoffed, would that man ever learn? He knew that Seunghyun wanted him he could tell from the desperate stares he would get from him everyday, but Daesung wasn't interested. He didn't like how he was constantly trying to be different, he didn't care about his looks. What he wanted was someone who could offer him more. Someone who could offer him something of value, not a one night stand.

 

Daesung shook his head in disapproval, “You think you can win me over with a public display of affection, well you're wrong.” he grabbed his bag and headed to his dorm, he had studying to do and he wouldn't be distracted.

 

Seunghyun pushed the guy he was kissing away frustrated with himself. This guy was not what he wanted. “Thanks for your time.” he walked away wanting to go to his dorm leaving the boy dazed and confused. It wasn't like Seunghyun hadn't kissed and ditched before, there were many more people to fill his wanting need for Daesung's lips.

 

He made his way to his dorm and flopped on his bed.

 

“Another failed attempt at love?”

 

Seunghyun almost fell off his bed when he heard Seungri's voice, “Love? I don't think so.”

 

Seungri rolled over in the computer chair he was sitting in, “As much as you talk about Daesung it should be love by now.”

 

“How can I love someone that I haven't even talked to?” he rolled over onto his back, “That's just weird.”

 

“Stranger things have happened.” he played with Seunghyun's belt buckle, “So who was it today?” his voice was nonchalant like they have this conversation everyday.

 

“I don't know his name someone from the hallways.” Seunghyun grabbed Seungri's hand, “Hands to yourself.”

 

Seungri pulled his hand back, “It seems everyone gets a piece of you except me. What's the deal?”

 

Seunghyun sat up, “The deal is that we're friends, I don't mess with friends. Why don't you get with a pretty girl...or guy.”

 

“What? You think a one night stand will ruin our friendship? We've done worse together.”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, “If we've done worse then it was probably your fault.”

 

“Oh come on you know you have fun with me.”

 

Seunghyun yawned, “You're not the person I want to have fun with.”

 

Seungri winced, “Ouch, you put a beating to my ego. Sometimes I wonder why I'm even friends with you.”

 

“It's because you think I'm attractive.”

 

Seungri pondered over that for a few seconds, “That may be true, but I also think you're pretty cool, sometimes.”

 

“No, it's only because you think I'm attractive.”

 

Jiyong walked into Daesung's dorm not surprised that he was studying. “Daesung there's going to be a party tonight are you coming?”

 

“No.”

 

“It'll be fun.”

 

“No.”

 

“You can study tomorrow.”

 

“No.”

 

Jiyong scratched his head, “Come on you never do anything fun. You and Youngbae are always cooped up in here studying.”

 

“Not all people can party all night and ace a test the next day.”

 

“How about this, if you finish studying then will you come with me when I stop by later?”

 

Daesung put his pencil down, “Yes, if I finish studying I will come with you.”

 

Jiyong clapped his hands in approval, “We'll have so much fun.” he raced out of the dorm.

 

“I said if I finish.” he went back to finishing an essay due tomorrow.

 

Seunghyun checked himself out in the mirror. He was going to a party one of the seniors were throwing and he had to look his best. Seungri had been waiting patiently for Seunghyun to hurry up and get ready. When he wanted to look nice it meant he was going to spend forever in front of the mirror accessing every part of his clothing.

 

“It looks fine. We all know that everyone's going to like your outfit choice whether you show up in that or a chicken suit.”

 

“You think a chicken suit will look better?” it looked like he was actually contemplating it.

 

“Shut up and lets go.” Seungri grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the dorm.

Once they got to the party it was already loud and full of people. The music was electrifying and it made Seungri want to dance with everyone in site. Seungri was trying to grab Seunghyun's attention but his eyes seemed to be glued to a certain someone.

 

“Well if this isn't a surprise.” he nudged Seunghyun, “You should go talk to him.”

 

Seunghyun snapped his head away from what he was looking at, “Talk to who?”

 

Seungri rolled his eyes, “Obviously Daesung, that is the person you were staring at right?”

 

“Who says I was staring at anyone?” he eyed Daesung sitting on a couch by himself.

 

“You're looking at him right now. Besides you better hurry up before your fan girls show up. Don't they know the difference between a gay man and a straight man? Geez, when I'm standing next to you it's like I'm a piece of meat.”

 

“That's because you are a piece of meat.”

 

“Remind me again why I'm friends with you.” Seungri folded his arms with an unamused expression.

 

“I told you, it's because I'm attractive.” he flashed Seungri a smile.

 

“Yeah well your good looks are waning on me.”

 

Seunghyun grabbed his chin, “Never in a million years will that happen.” he laughed at the expression on Seungri's face, “You so thought I was going to kiss you.”

 

Seungri cleared his throat, “No. You know what how about you stop torturing me with your presence and go talk to Daesung.”

 

Seunghyun chuckled, “Fine, I'll leave you alone.”

 

He turned and made sure that Daesung was still in the same spot he was sitting in. He was still there, Seunghyun took in a deep breath.

 

Daesung noticed Seunghyun staring at him. He knew it would be a bad idea to come here but he promised Jiyong he would. It wouldn't have been to bad if Jiyong hadn't of ran off to dance with a few people on the dance floor. His eyes widened when he saw Seunghyun making his way towards him. This was definitely a first, Seunghyun had never approached him before. Usually he would admire from afar or would be doing something to impress him without actually speaking to him.

 

Seunghyun took a seat next to him at first not saying anything but stealing a few glances at Daesung.

 

“Are you going to sit there and stare at me all night? Or is there a reason why you decided to sit next to me of all people.” Daesung turned toward him and gave him a questioning look.

 

Seunghyun was caught off guard he didn't think he noticed the fleeting glances he was giving him. “I-Well no.” he didn't really know what to say now that he was here. It had been the first time he was tongue tied.

 

Daesung raised an eyebrow, he knew that Seunghyun was much more confident than this. “No there isn't a reason or no your not going to sit there staring at me?”

 

“I mean well, there is a reason I'm here.”

 

“Well?” Daesung raised his hand stop him from whatever he was going to say, “Actually let me spare you the embarrassment. I know why you're here, it doesn't take a genius to know that you have some sort of thing for me and since you're sitting here right now I'm going to tell you straight up that I don't like you, and quit the staring it creeps me out.”

 

Seunghyun was stunned, he had just gotten rejected before he could even say anything, “I-you, what?”

 

“You want me to repeat myself?” Daesung gave him a challenging look.

 

Seunghyun looked at him in utter disbelief. He usually saw Daesung with a happy nice demeanor; unless he was studying that is, but now he seemed annoyed and displeased. It sort of turned him on, “You know I've never seen this side of you. It's kind of hot. If you've known all along about how I've felt, then why haven't you said something?”

 

“What was I supposed to say? Hey I don't like you stop freakin' staring at me. Would that of helped?”

 

“Probably not, it sort of isn't working now. What is it that you want? Why don't you like me?”

 

Daesung let out a frustrated sigh. Any normal person would have walked away by now, but he on the other hand wanted to stay and chitchat. “Unless you're willing to change everything about you, I don't think we would ever work out.”

 

Seunghyun contemplated this, “You don't like anything about me? Nothing?” that was a major stab to his male ego.

 

Daesung stared at Seunghyun like he was an alien life form. He had never met someone like him. He wasn't normal, Daesung thought that his arrogance probably went to his head and damaged it.

“No I don't like anything about you. I don't like how you use your looks to gain importance. You see, I'm not the kind of guy who'll just fall for something like that. The fact that you're different from everyone else, I don't care. You're cool, talented, I don't care. I don't want want to be your Rose so stop trying to impress me.”

 

“Rose?”

 

“Watch the Titanic.” Daesung got up and left Seunghyun to his thoughts. Daesung was probably the only person that didn't like both characters from the Titanic. He didn't like Rose because she fell for someone new and different because she was bored, and he didn't like Jack because he used her boredom and made it his own. Daesung wouldn't fall for Seunghyun's looks, he wouldn't fall for his attitude, he wanted someone genuine and Seunghyun wasn't cutting it.

 

Seunghyun sat there trying to figure out what just happened. Did he just get told off and rejected? What he did he mean by not being his Rose? Was that an euphemism for something? He got up from the seat and searched for Seungri.

 

“Seungri, stop humping that girl for a second.”

 

Seungri looked confusedly back at Seunghyun, “What is it?”

 

“Lets go watch a movie.”