Curious

I'm Not Your Rose

Daesung walked back into his dorm and wasn't surprised to see Youngbae still studying like he would be at this moment. He looked at Youngbae and frowned at his appearance, there was something different about him. He studied his face for a bit than almost faced palmed when he realized what he was seeing.

 

“Youngbae why are you wearing glasses? Do you need them?”

 

Youngbae pushed the glasses up on the bridge of his nose, “No I don't need them, but I think they make me look good.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

He held up three pieces of paper in his hands, “I wore these today and I got some girls phone numbers.”

 

Daesung looked at all the piles of paper at Youngbae's feet, “Did they happen to give you their homework to?”

 

Youngbae frowned, “How did you know?”

 

“You can be so smart, but when it comes to girls you know nothing about them, and I'm supposed to be the gay one.” Daesung picked a pile up from the ground, “You're not going to be able to finish this by yourself, let me help.”

 

Youngbae smiled appreciatively, “So the glasses are a no?”

 

“They are definitely a no. You know if you weren't so awkward around girls you would have a girlfriend by now. It's not like you look like a troll, I'd date you.”

 

“That's nice and all but I'd like to hear that from a girl.”

 

Daesung smiled and looked at the math problems on his paper. He rolled his eyes; basic algebra. “How did they even end up in college?”

 

Youngbae looked over Daesung's shoulder, “x equals 2.”

 

Daesung looked at the hovering face above his shoulder, “Thanks but I already knew that.”

 

Youngbae scrunched up his lips, “Just trying to help.”

 

“Go back to whatever you're doing.”

 

“It's literature, I'd rather be doing math, and the slope is six by the way.”

 

“Can you let me finish this myself?”

 

Youngbae smirked, “The answer to number seven is the car is traveling thirty miles per hour.”

 

Daesung threw the papers in the air causing them to flutter down in random directions, “I retract my kind offer to help you.”

 

Youngbae stuck out his bottom lip, “I was just teasing.” he gave Daesung puppy dog eyes.

 

Daesung sighed and picked all the papers up, “Fine, but I swear if you answer another one of these questions then I'm going to bed and leaving you alone.”

 

“Thanks Daesung. Oh! How was the party?”

 

“Not my scene.” he went back to writing in the answers to the problems.

 

“Well did anything interesting happen.”

 

“No nothing interesting.”

 

Youngbae folded his arms over his chest, “Nothing interesting?”

 

Daesung dropped his pencil and let out an irritated sigh, “Unless you call Seunghyun interesting.”

 

Youngbae blinked, “Seunghyun?”

 

“Yes Seunghyun.”

 

“What about him? Was he there?”

 

“Yes he was there, he even sat next to me.”

 

Youngbae was now interested, “He sat next to you? What'd you do?”

 

“I told him I wasn't interested and to stop staring at me.” Daesung picked up his pencil and started writing in problems again.

 

“And what did he say?”

 

“For some reason he told me my attitude was hot.” he tried to concentrate on the problems but Youngbae kept asking him a million and one questions.

 

“That's strange. So why'd you turn him down?”

 

“You know he's not my type.” Daesung angrily erased a problem he got wrong.

 

“What is your type?”

 

Still not looking up from his paper he kept writing, “You're my type.”

 

Youngbae coughed awkwardly, “What?”

 

Daesung slammed his pencil down quickly realizing that he wasn't going to be getting this done. “I said. You're. My. Type.” he stared Youngbae down.

 

“Oh, that's what I thought you said. Oh. I'm flattered.” he was more flustered.

 

Daesung moved his fringe out of his eyes and smacked his lips. “Can I go back to finishing this now?”

 

“Uh, yeah.” Youngbae went back to his work. The mood was now officially awkward for him.

 

Seungri stared at Seunghyun with an agitated face, “This movie is over three hours long!”

 

Seunghyun pushed the DVD in the DVD player. It had taken him forever to find someone who had this movie and he was determined to watch it now. “Be quiet and sit down.” he pushed Seungri on the ground in front of the TV and dimmed the lights.

 

“We don't even have popcorn.” he looked reluctantly at the screen, “Why don't I just tell you the ending?”

 

Seunghyun sat down next to him, “Shut up and watch.”

 

Seungri glared at Seunghyun, “I have classes tomorrow.”

 

“If we would have stayed at that party we would ave stayed for the rest of the night so don't give me that crap.” Seunghyun watched as a group of people played cards on the screen.

 

“Why are we watching this anyway?”

 

Seunghyun ignored his question. He wasn't going to tell him the reason behind watching this move; Seungri would never let him hear the end of it. “What an idiot, he bet his tickets.”

 

“This is stupid.”

 

“Is that redhead Rose?” he watched a bit more, “She looks like a priss.”

 

Seungri sighed in a frustrated tone, he was never going to get through to him. He opted to be quiet and watch this movie with Seunghyun because he had no other choice but to do so, and he was really hitting it off with that girl at the party.

 

A little over halfway through the movie Seungri was sobbing on Seunghyun's shoulder, “The little boy never had a chance. His father took him the wrong way, there dead now!” he sniffed on Seunghyun's sleeve.

 

Seunghyun tried to inch away from his tightening grip but Seungri had a strong hold on him, “It's just a movie.”

 

“Why won't Cal leave them alone? Their in love!”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, “This is ridiculous.”

 

“That band is so brave, they keep playing music even though they know they're going to die. Bravo.”

 

“Are you serious right now?”

 

“That giant thing fell on my favorite character!”

 

Seunghyun looked back at the screen, “You mean the smokestack fell on Fabrizio.”

 

When the movie was over Seungri's tears turned into outrage, “Why does she get to lay on that? Why can't she scoot her fat over?”

 

“Buoyancy.”

 

Seungri ignored him and kept on watching. He grimaced at the last scene, “She just threw the hope diamond into the ocean! What was she thinking? Does she know how much that's worth? I officially hate this woman.”

 

Seunghyun got up and turned the TV off. His shirt was soaking wet and he wanted to go to sleep. He threw his shirt and jeans into the dirty hamper and grabbed a tank top to put on. “Seungri you know you're ridiculous right?”

 

Seungri wiped his face. It was a mess of angry and sad tears. “Huh?”

 

“Never mind.” Seunghyun laid on his bed and looked up at the ceiling. So Daesung wouldn't be his Rose huh? Instead of changing his approach to the situation he decided he would make him be his Rose, but in this story Jack lives.

 

Seunghyun felt a warm body pressed up against his. He looked down and saw Seungri laying next to him with his head on his chest. “What are you doing?”

 

“I'm sad, you made me watch that stupid movie so I'm sleeping with you tonight.”

 

“If I had known you would cry this much I would have left you there.” Seunghyun scoot over to let him have more room, “I'm only letting you sleep with me for one night. Don't get any ideas in your head.”

 

Seungri nodded his head, “Whatever you say. Why did you want me to watch it with you in the first place?”

 

“I didn't want to see it by myself and you're my only friend, so yeah.”

 

“I thought you had lots of friends.” Seungri looked up at Seunghyun, “What about all the people you hang out with after classes?”

 

“They aren't my real friends. I'm sure they would have loved to watch a movie with me alone in the dark but I can't trust them enough to keep their hands off of me.”

 

Seungri laughed, “You need better friends then.”

 

“Does that mean I have to get rid of you too?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You can't keep your hands off of me either.” Seunghyun gave him a smirk in the dark.

 

“That's only because I think friends should get first priority.” Seungri said it in a matter fact tone like it made total sense.

 

“How many friends with benefits do you have?”

 

“Apparently not enough.”

 

Seunghyun flinched, “Seungri.”

 

Seungri answered in a devious manner, “Yes?”

 

“Get your hand off of my crotch.”

 

Seungri reluctantly pulled his hand back, “One of these days you'll give in, and when that day comes our friendship will only be stronger.”

 

“When that day comes it will probably be .”

 

“You're so mean to me.”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, “Go to sleep before I kick you off of my bed.”

 

“Yes sir.” Seungri closed his eyes, “I'm telling you it'll be great. I've had enough experience with guys to know that it will.”

 

“Last warning.”

 

Seungri zipped his lips. He knew when Seunghyun was being serious and he'd probably push him off the bed without a moments notice if he said another word.

 

Daesung yawned and stretched, they had finally finished all the homework and was time to go to bed. Daesung put all the papers in a neat pile then started putting on his pajamas.

 

Youngbae also got ready for bed and sat on it staring at Daesung.

 

“Please tell me you're not going to start staring at me like Seunghyun does.” Daesung fluffed his pillow and laid down.

 

“How am I your type?”

 

Daesung groaned, “I'm starting to change my mind.”

 

“No seriously.”

 

“I don't know, usually you just have a type and you know who portrays it. You portray mine, now can I go to sleep? I have a test tomorrow.”

 

Youngbae scratched his chin, “Am I funny?”

 

“No.”

 

“Am I handsome?”

 

“That doesn't matter.” Daesung his side and put his pillow on top of his head.

 

“Am I talented?”

 

Daesung's reply came back muffled, “I don't care about that.”

 

“Then what?”

 

He took the pillow off of his head and sat up, “You're just you, no one else. That's what makes you my type, not anything fancy.” he crossed his legs on his bed, “Why does any of that matter anyway? You thinking about being bi-curious? It's college, you can explore.”

 

Youngbae chewed on the corner of his lip, “I really like girls though, but if I can't get a girlfriend...”

 

“Do whatever you want to do, I just want to get some sleep.”

 

“You said you'd date me.”

 

“Yeah, earlier, why?” Daesung tilted his head to the side. Was he saying what he thinks he's saying?

 

“Would you date me?”

 

“You're seriously going bi-curious on me. You really want to try guys out?” Daesung gave him a look that told him he better be serious.

 

Youngbae his chapped lips, “I'd try it out with you, but I'm not sure. It is college though.”

 

“You have to be sure. Do you want to this or not? If you don't like it then we can go back to being friends, but if you do, then we'll see.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Okay what?”

 

“Let's date.”

 

Daesung smiled slowly, “You have no idea what you're getting yourself into.”

 

Youngbae smiled back, “No, I don't.”

 

Seunghyun would not be happy about this when he finds out.