The Turning Point

I'm Not Your Rose

 Youngbae hurried down the hall and made his way to Seungri's and Seunghyun's dorm. He knocked on the door and waited impatiently for someone to answer it. He was riled up from seeing the state Daesung was in and all he wanted was to make sure that Daesung's wishes were met. The door opened to reveal a peeved Seungri. He glowered at Youngbae which caused him falter in his words for a couple seconds.

 

“Is Seunghyun available.” he wanted to be as cordial as he could be, despite the anger he was also feeling.

 

“Not for you.” Seungri raised a challenging eyebrow.

 

Youngbae kept the choice words he wanted to say in, “Listen I'm not here to fight with you, I just want to talk to Seunghyun so we can set things straight about Daesung.”

 

Seungri walked out of the dorm and shut the door behind him. He turned back to Youngbae; his scowl deepening, “What about Daesung?” the mere mention of Daesung's made Seungri's mood flare into a bunch of hot sparks. Daesung had caused nothing but trouble for Seunghyun and he would not lt him cause anymore harm to him.

 

“There's nothing I have to say to you about Daesung, it's between me and Seunghyun.” he stubbornly glared at Seungri. Seungri was delaying the conversation he wanted to have.

 

That was not the answer Seungri want to hear, what he wanted to hear was Youngbae telling him what he wanted to talk to Seunghyun about. His mood was already bad and Youngbae wasn't helping. Seungri's eyes darkened as he stared at Youngbae, “You listen to me, as of today, I don't want to hear anything that has to do with Daesung, so don't bring it to this dorm. Seunghyun has been hurt to many times by that bastard and I'm not going to let it happen again, do you hear me.”

 

“Seunghyun? Seunghyun's been hurt? No I think you have it all wrong, Daesung is practically ton to pieces over something that had to do with Seunghyun and I'm here to tell him to leave him alone because that's what Daesung wants.”

 

Seungri's eye twitched, “Are you trying to say Daesung is the victim?”

 

“Are you trying to say Seunghyun is the victim?”

 

Both if them were on opposite sides, nothing would be resolved between the two parties. One party thought they were right while the other thought they were wrong. Both Youngbae and Seungri were angry about their friends suffering and they would do anything to keep them from hurting.

 

“You don't know how much Seunghyun has been suffering, you can't say that Daesung is the one who is hurting.”

 

“Seunghyun's wounds are superficial compared to how Daesung is right now.” Youngbae was not prepared for the explosion that was about to come.

 

“What!? What did you just say? Did you just say his wounds are superficial?” Seungri grabbed Youngbae's collar and pulled his face closer to him, “How dare you say something like that. You don't know !” he let him go and rested his hand on his forehead, “How dare you come to my dorm and tell me that Seunghyun's pain means nothing, how dare you!”

 

Youngbae was slightly unfazed by Seungri's outburst, he straightened his collar and cleared his throat, “Don't you ever touch me like that again, or you'll regret it.” he gave Seungri an unamused look, “I'm going to set this straight, I don't care about Seunghyun, I only care about Daesung and Seunghyun is standing in the way between his happiness. I suggest you tell him to stay away from Daesung or they'll be some major consequences.”

 

“You won't have to worry about Seunghyun going near your precious Daesung, because he'd be a fool to go near trash like him.” Seungri's voice calm and malicious, right now anything could set him off and Youngbae was dancing on his nerves.

 

“Excuse me? Did you just say trash? I'm sorry you must be mistaken because I specifically remember Seunghyun being the worthless piece of trash that keeps crawling back to Daesung, like some sort of parasite.” Youngbae cocked his head to left and challenged Seungri.

 

Seungri's eyes widened, a blind rage took over his body and he lunged at Youngbae. Youngbae yelped in surprise and fell painfully on his back. He tried to fight Seungri off of him and ended up overpowering the smaller male and pinning him on his back, “Do you think this is a game Seungri? Do you think you can just fight me and win?”

 

At this moment Seungri could only see red, he was struggling to find some sort of way to overpower, but Youngbae obviously worked out more than him and was in a much calmer state. Youngbae glowered at Seungri, as much as he wanted to put Seungri in his place he was coherent enough to think about the consequences that would come with that. If he indeed fought Seungri he surely get kicked out and his scholarship revoked. Seungri on the other hand did not care about that, all he wanted to do was hurt Youngbae for saying such things about Seunghyun. He wanted nothing more than to make him see his fault in his words.

 

“What the hell is going on?” Seunghyun had heard shouting outside of their dorm and he came out to see what was up. There was a small gathering of people watching the scene between Seungri and Youngbae, nothing extremely violent had happened between them but it was entirely incriminating if someone ended up taking a video and showing the dean.

 

Seunghyun roughly yanked Youngbae off of Seungri and helped Seungri up. He had to wrap his arms tightly around Seungri's waist to keep him from lunging at Youngbae again. He spoke over Seungri's head at Youngbae, “What were you two doing? Why did I hear yelling.”

 

Youngbae straightened his clothes and gave Seunghyun a blank stare, “We were just having friendly talk that's all.”

 

“Friendly? If what I just saw was only friendly, then I don't want to know what your version of best friends is. Tell me the truth, what was going on?”

 

“We were just having an argument about you and Daesung.”

 

Seunghyun's face fell, he knew where this was going and he couldn't take it anymore, “Whatever you were arguing about it doesn't matter anymore. There's nothing between me and Daesung, he doesn't want me and I have to deal with that now, but don't get me wrong, there will always be hope.” Seunghyun blew out a defeated breath and looked Youngbae in the eye, “You've won without even trying.” he let go of Seungri and went back to his dorm and softly closed the door.

 

Seungri glared at Youngbae and flipped him off before entering his dorm.

 

Youngbae looked shocked at the empty space that Seunghyun once occupied, with an embarrassed expression he walked back to his dorm. He averted his guy from the people who had congregated in the hallway. He went into his dorm and shut the door, “Seunghyun won't be bothering you anymore.”

 

Daesung had not moved from his spot, he slowly looked up from his knees, “It's over?” he thought with Seunghyun out of his life he would be able to forget again, “Can I forget now, can I be happy?”

 

Youngbae knelt in front of Daesung and grabbed his wrists, “Yes you can.” he kissed his hands and massaged them, “You don't have to worry anymore.”

 

Daesung smiled weakly, “No more pain, no more memories.” he was practically saying it to himself, like Youngbae was not in the room with him.

 

Youngbae looked at Daesung with a worried expression, there was something wrong with the way he was acting and he didn't like it one bit. Daesung way to out of it for Youngbae to be comfortable, he lifted Daesung up by his arms and hauled him to his bed. Youngbae stared down at him and furrowed his eyebrows, there was definitely something wrong and he couldn't figure out what. He sighed and kissed Daesung's forehead then made his way to his bed.

 

He hoped everything would be okay tomorrow.

 

Seungri woke up in a disheveled manner, he peered down to see Seunghyun's bunk was empty. He climbed down and touched his sheets, they were cold which meant he had left a while ago. Seungri scratched his, where could he have gone? Seungri got dressed and left the dorm, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and tried to figure out what Seunghyun could be doing.

 

He walked to the food court and sat down at one of the tables. He twiddled his thumbs trying to figure out what was going on. Seungri shook his head, everything was a mess.

 

A lunch tray was laid next to him and a skinny pair sat in the chair beside him. Seungri looked to the side of him and pursed his lips, he did not expect to see this.

 

“I hope you can be the one to tell me what's been going on here.” Jiyong looked at Seungri and stuffed a french fry in his mouth.

 

Seungri had not seen Jiyong since the time they had kissed and now Jiyong was sitting next to him like they were all buddy buddy. He was still upset about the talk they had had when their heated make-out session ended and he did not want to pretend like it never happened.

 

Jiyong noticed the mild discomfort on Seungri's face and cleared his throat, “I suppose you aren't happy with me.” he looked down at his fries and picked at them till he found one that looked exceptionally crunchy and ate it, “I wouldn't blame you.”

 

Seungri's face became more and more blank by the second, “It was your decision, I said I would respect that, but you aren't here to talk about us. I'm guessing you're here to talk about Daesung.”

 

“Well, I've been out of commission for a while and I just came back to find out there are a lot of angry and hurt people in my circle, Daesung being one of them.”

 

“So you were gone?” Seungri wondered what he had been up to, “You'll have to see what's with Daesung yourself, I don't know nor care about anything that has to do with him.”

 

“I was hoping you would be able to tell me something about him, then what about Seunghyun, what has he been up to?”

 

“He's fine.” Seungri got up from his seat, he wanted check Seunghyun's schedule and see what classes he had today. It would have been wise to do that before he left the dorms, but at the time he wasn't thinking clearly.

 

“Hey where are you going?” Jiyong got up and followed Seungri.

 

“Don't you have a girlfriend to attend to?”

 

Jiyong grabbed Seungri's arm and spun him around, “Are you really going to get on me about that? Look, Seungri I'm sorry I let that kiss between us happen.” Jiyong's words were not helping anything.

 

“I'm sorry about that too, I have no idea what I was thinking. Besides I don't have to be having this conversation with you, I have a friend to attend to and right now he's more important.”

 

“Don't be that way Seungri, I said I was sorry.”

 

“Jiyong can we please talk about this later? I really have to go.”

 

“To Seunghyun right? That's where you're rushing off to.”

 

Seungri didn't miss the animosity in Jiyong's voice, he scoffed and crossed his arms, “You have no right to be jealous of me and Seunghyun's relationship, you haven't even been here to even know what's going on.”

 

Jiyong straightened his face up from the frown that was beginning to show, “I'm never jealous, but excuse me if I think that there is something going on between you two, you've always been so close.” Jiyong crossed his arms and looked at Seungri.

 

“You're starting something up about me and Seunghyun when you have a girlfriend to be hanging onto or whatever, what's it to you if we were together; which we're not.” Seungri was itching to dump this conversation, to him it was extremely annoying that Jiyong had the nerve to bring something like this up, like they were some kind of couple.

 

“It doesn't mean anything to me, I was just inquiring.”

 

Seungri knew that was a lie but he didn't have the energy to call him out on it, “Fine, I'm leaving now. You have fun with that girlfriend of yours and call me when you want to have mature conversation about us okay?”

 

Jiyong glowered at Seungri's retreating back but he did not follow him. Instead he walked in the opposite direction to a girl with long black hair. He spoke to her for a few seconds and left her with a bewildered expression on her face. The five words he exchanged with her caught her by surprise, she did not expect him to be saying them in a food court of all places. She didn't expect him to say them so curtly and just walk away without an explanation as to why he had said them, but he did and she was...fine. Their relationship wasn't anything special to her anyways.

 

He sat back at the table he was sitting at earlier and finished his fries, if Seungri wanted a mature talk, he would get one.

 

Seungri finally made it back to his dorm and looked on Seunghyun's desk for his schedule. He looked it up and noticed that he had several long lectures to attend and culinary class at night. He wondered when Seunghyun had gotten so busy with school. Either he had always had these classes and never went or he had just set them up. Seungri set the piece of paper down and sat in the chair, he'd just have to wait for Seunghyun to come back; he was already bored.

 

It was late in the evening and Seunghyun was stuck cleaning the utensils they used for culinary. He robotically cleaned and dried them. He was still feeling awful from yesterday and he couldn't do anything about the throbbing dull ache in his chest. He was trying to find ways to relieve his pain, but there was nothing that could do the trick. He had gone most of the day trying to hold back his emotions, and not shed anymore tears for Daesung, but it was unbelievably hard for him to do so. Now that he was alone he could cry all he wanted and no one would be able to disturb him and ask him what's wrong.

 

His salty tears mixed with the sudsy water; Seunghyun gripped the counter and kept himself steady. I don't want your love because I hate you. That sentence ran through Seunghyun's mind like a freight train, knocking down every sweet thought he had left. His mind was now filled with only that sentence, it bounced off the walls of his head and imbedded itself into his skull.

 

I hate you. Devastation was mild when it came to how Seunghyun was feeling, he felt like Daesung had tried to stab him with his words. Seunghyun tried to finish doing the dishes but he couldn't bring himself to touch any of the silverware in the sink. It felt like he had spent hours staring at the silverware and he didn't know why he was doing it. Maybe there was a certain object that caught his eye or maybe he was mesmerized by the glinting silver but he kept staring at it the none the less. His knuckles practically had turned white from the tight grip he had on the sink, he didn't want to let go; afraid to lose his balance and topple over just like his life was doing.

 

“Seunghyun?”

 

That voice shocked him out of whatever trance he had while he was looking at the silverware and caused him to turn to a pair of eyes that made his heart constrict violently. His body started trembling from his oppressors presence and he didn't have any means of escape. He stared at Daesung and tried to keep a calm, cool, composure; he looked like a mess.

 

Daesung clutched the pots in his hands and set them down gently. He also had this class but at different times of the day, he had been asked to bring down the pots for tomorrows use. He did not expect to see Seunghyun cleaning at this time of the hour and he did not want to be in the vicinity. He had gone through the whole day without a single mention of Seunghyun, and he wanted to keep it that way. If he let him in now he would only ruin the little progress he had made from the short time Seunghyun was not bothering him.

 

Unfortunately, he was rooted to his spot and could not look away from Seunghyun. The time for another nervous breakdown was not now, except his body was having a mind of it's own.

 

“Daesung.”

 

“Don't!” Daesung took a step back from Seunghyun, he did not want him to speak let alone say his name.

 

Seunghyun shrunk away from his shout, he looked at Daesung with eyes that were begging him to talk to him, to tell him that everything was sick joke, but he didn't get that, instead he look that would turn anybody to stone. A quick as it was there it left, the look of hate on Daesung's face stopped Seunghyun in his tracks, “Daesung...”

 

“Seunghyun, don't say another word. Don't say anything to me.”

 

The ice in Daesung's words caused Seunghyun to back up into the counter. He gripped the edges of the counter automatically, “Why are you acting this way?” he couldn't understand why Daesung was so cold, could he have snapped this quickly?

 

“You know why, it's all your fault Seunghyun.” all his inner thoughts and nightmares were pouring out of Daesung and setting themselves on Seunghyun.

 

“What did I do?” he was growing frustrated with Daesung.

 

“Everything! You have done everything. My life is the way it is because of you, it's all your fault.”

 

Seunghyun's eyebrows pulled down in a frown, “What have I done that's made you like this? Just tell me what I did and I'll fix it.”

 

“You can only fix it by getting out of my life.”

 

Seunghyun was past hurt, he was finally, getting angry, “Why!? Why are you so cruel? Why does everything I do have to be something you turn around into something worse then what it really is?” Seunghyun's hands slipped, he put his hands back on the counter and gripped onto something cold and smooth.

 

“Because all you have ever done is cause me harm, nothing you've done has helped me in any way.”

 

Seunghyun looked down at his shoes, “All I've ever done is try to love you. Is loving you that bad?” his hand tightened on the object and he pulled closer to him.

 

“Yes.”

 

Seunghyun turned around and examined what was in his hand. He turned back around showed Daesung what he was holding, “Take it.” it was a kitchen knife used for carving.

 

Daesung stepped back, “What?”

 

"Take the dagger and twist it in my heart, Take it! since you keep doing it figuratively why don't you do it for real?” Seunghyun shoved the knife at Daesung, "I said take it!"

 

You're crazy, put that down before you hurt someone or yourself.”

 

Am I crazy?” a trail of tears ran down Seunghyun's cheeks, he just wanted to be loved, was that so much to ask? “Am I crazy for wanting to be loved?”

 

Daesung stood still, “Yes, yes you are. You are because you want to be loved by me, and I can't do that.”

 

Seunghyun slumped to the floor, the knife falling with a deafening clang, “Why?” his body was wracked with sobs and his eyes were blurry.

 

Because I can't, okay, I just can't.”

 

Seunghyun sobbed into his hands, “I just want to be loved, I just want love.”

 

Daesung shook his head and made his way out of the room. He left Seunghyun to cry by himself while he made his escape. Daesung sat on the ground outside away from everyone and let everything go. At first there were small whimpers coming from him till he started full on bawling. He didn't know why he was crying, he didn't know why he did anything now. He hugged his knees to his chest, he was starting to realize that there was something wrong, and it wasn't Seunghyun and it wasn't him directly.

 

Daesung shivered in the night air but he refused to move, he felt like he was going insane and that he needed help. He let his tears fall on his knees causing his jeans to become soaked and cold. “What is wrong with me?”

 

Seunghyun stumbled his way to his dorm, once he got in automatically made his way for Seungri; enveloping him and needy hug, “Seungri.”

 

Seungri wasn't surprised to see him like this, he had expected Seunghyun to come back in tears. He leaned back and looked at Seunghyun he frowned when he saw that Seunghyun looked worse then he had yesterday, “Oh Seunghyun.”

 

Seunghyun wrapped his arms around Seungri to give him comfort, but it wasn't enough, “Seungri, love me, I just want to be loved.” he buried his face into Seungri's neck and cried harder, “I need you.”

 

Seungri soothed Seunghyun's hair, “I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere.”

 

No...” Seunghyun's hands tightened around the fabric of Seungri's shirt, “I need you.”

 

Seungri frowned, “What are you saying?”

 

Just love me, please Seungri, I need you, please.”

 

Seungri lifted up Seunghyun's chin and wiped the tears running down his cheeks, he looked at Seunghyun's sad, dejected eyes and swallowed. “Seunghyun, no.”

 

Please, Seungri, please. I just want to be able to feel love, I want that so much,”

 

Seungri could feel Seunghyun shaking in his arms and his unsteady hands gripping the hem of his shirt, “We can't Seunghyun, it's not right. Think about the consequences.”

 

Seunghyun looked Seungri in the eyes, “Please.” it was all he could say.

 

Seungri put his hand on Seunghyun's cheek and caressed it with his thumb, “Is this what you want?” he couldn't believe he was actually complying with what Seunghyun wanted, but the heart-rending look he was giving him made him feel heartless if he said.

 

I need you Seungri. Will you love me?” he leaned into Seungri's chest and placed his hands on his waist.

 

Seungri kissed away Seunghyun's tears and placed a chaste kiss on his lips, “I will.”

 

Thank you, Seungri, thank you so much.”

 

Anything for you.” Seungri closed his eyes and kissed Seunghyun with all the love he had for his friend, and Seunghyun eagerly accepted it.

 

What they did was not for pleasure, it was not for fun, it was to convey one another's love for each other; not as lovers, but as friends. It would never happen again between them and they would never let anything like this have to happen again. It was just a one time moment that they would always share together. Seunghyun's first time would not be with Daesung, but with Seungri, his best friend, his only friend.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

This is the turning point; everything's going to flip and make a sharp left turn now. And no, that's not going to happen.