Seeing You Again?

I'm Not Your Rose

Seungri woke up with Seunghyun's arms tightly around him. He sighed, Seunghyun was finally sleeping peacefully instead of the tossing and turning like he did most nights. He rested his head on Seunghyun's chest, when he had thought of him and Seunghyun having he had never thought it would end up being like, he had never even thought it would happen. Seunghyun had always been adamant on saving himself for Daesung and look at him now; he was here holding Seungri against his body while sleeping peacefully.

 

The thought of them both caused Seungri to blush profusely, he wondered how awkward it would be when Seunghyun would wake up.

 

On cue a low yawn sounded over Seungri's head, he looked up to see Seunghyun opening his eyes. Seungri looked away, a little embarrassed now that he was awake. To his surprise Seunghyun's arms just got tighter around his waist instead of loosening, he felt a small peck on his forehead and a quiet thank you from Seunghyun.

 

Seungri shook his head, “Don't thank me Seunghyun, you've already said that a million times, let s not make it a million and one.”

 

A low chuckle erupted from Seunghyun's chest, “You can't tell me what to do.”

 

a smile spread on Seungri's lips, he was glad that Seunghyun was now able to laugh again, another day of his broken cries would have surely sent Seungri off of the deep end along with Seunghyun. “But I already did.”

 

“That doesn't mean I have to listen to you, thank you Seungri.” he landed a wet kiss on his cheek.”

 

“Gross!” Seungri wiped his cheek and sat up, “That was uncalled for.” Seungri was glad that they could resume their friendship, there was no awkwardness between them.

 

Seunghyun stuck out his tongue, “My kisses are exquisite, don't act you don't like each and every one of them, whether they be wet or not.”

 

“Wet kisses are gross and you know it.”

 

“Not mine.” Seunghyun gave him a matter of fact tone, he shifted and looked the edge of the bed, “Have you seen my boxers?”

 

“They should be by the bed, you never look hard enough.” they were talking about this like it was more than a one time thing. Seungri leaned over to and picked up Seunghyun's boxer that were laying by his shirt, “Are you looking for these?”

 

Seunghyun snatched them out of Seungri's hands, “Hey look I found them.”

 

Seungri scoffed, “Yeah, you found them.”

 

“No peeking you .” Seunghyun made Seungri turn around so he could put on his boxers and grab some clean clothes to take a shower.

 

Seungri rolled his eyes, “I don't get what the point of me turning around is, I've already seen you .”

 

“A privilege you will never have again.” Seunghyun grabbed his robe and groaned outwardly, “Oh god.”

 

Seungri turned around and looked at Seunghyun's sullen expression, “What's the matter?”

 

“It's the morning.”

 

He didn't quite understand what Seunghyun was getting at, “Yeah, so?”

 

“He'll be in the showers. Oh why me!?” he melodramatically put the back of his hand on his forehead and dropped to the floor, “Why on earth am I cursed with these rugged good looks?”

 

“Are we being serious right now? Or is this some type of sitcom I'm unaware of being in?” Seungri tried to gracefully get out of bed but the sheets wrapped around his legs causing him to fall face first on the carpet. “Ow.” he hauled himself up, the sheets and covers coming with him.

 

Seunghyun tried to suppress his laughter, “I think my bed is cursed, I'm usually the one who can never get out of it without falling.”

 

“Throw me my robe would you.” he ignored Seunghyun's snickers and caught his robe and put it on. “You think you're so funny huh?”

 

“No, obviously you're the funny one.” Seunghyun's eyes lit up, “Are you going to take a shower too?”

 

“Not with you.”

 

“I never asked that, idiot.”

 

“Well I am taking a shower, I have to wash off of me.”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and grimaced, “We didn't have , we...” Seunghyun couldn't put a name to it but to him, it wasn't , it was something with more meaning than just a night of play.

 

Seungri thought about it and agreed. A sudden memory crossed his mind and he smiled widely threw his arms around Seunghyun.

 

“What are you doing?” Seunghyun tried to shrink away from Seungri's sudden bout of affection, but as always there was no escaping Seungri's tight hugs.

 

“I just remembered something.”

 

“Well, what?”

 

“Remember when I said if we had our friendship would only be stronger?”

 

Seunghyun groaned, he knew where Seungri was going with this, “Yes, unfortunately, I do.”

 

“And you said that it would be if that happened.” Seungri squeezed him harder with a smile that said 'I told you so'.

 

“Get to the point.” Seunghyun waited for him to say the words.

 

“I told you our friendship would only get better! Look who's right, now.”

 

Seunghyun winced, when Seungri got something right he wouldn't let it go for weeks, “Yes, I get it, you were right. Now can you let me go?”

 

“I'm sorry, I was what?”

 

Being the bigger man Seunghyun decided to humor Seungri, “You were right, now can I take a shower?”

 

Seungri shook his head no, his mood quieted down because he had something important to ask Seunghyun, “Seunghyun, I know you're joking around with me and everything, but are you really okay?” he didn't want to ruin the light mood, but he had to know if Seunghyun was truly okay.

 

A slight wash of pain swam across Seunghyun's face, “There was a time where I would tell you I would be okay the next day, but this is going to take more time. I'd always thought that me and Daesung would workout our differences, but now it's already to late for that. Now, I realize that it isn't healthy for me to keep pursuing him.” Seunghyun paused, “He's hurt me multiple times and I've always came running back to him, even if he didn't want me to. I know now, that I was a fool, I should have stayed away.”

 

Seungri couldn't believe his ears, he had always wanted to hear Seunghyun say that he was giving up on Daesung, but now that he was hearing it now, it almost sounded sad, “So this means?”

 

“It means I can't let him hurt me again, it's painful and I can't stand the pain. I won't let him get close enough to rip my heart out another time, I'm saying, that I'm done.” Seunghyun gulped, now that it was spoken out loud there was no turning back, he was through with the tears and pain, and he just wanted to be happy now.

 

“You mean that? That your done?”

 

“Yes, I do. Seungri I can't anymore, look at what he's done to me. How long do you think I could put up with him beating me down before...before I would have done something that I would have regretted? How long Seungri?”

 

Seungri looked off to his left, “I just want you to be happy, and giving up on Daesung will make you happy. If you would have stayed by him, who knows what could happen. All I want is for you to be safe and happy.”

 

Seunghyun smiled, “I don't want to talk about this anymore, I'm sticky and I want to take a shower.”

 

A mischievous grin spread on Seungri's lips, his playful mood turning on like a light switch, “Do I get to see you ?”

 

“It was a one time thing Seungri, last night will be the last time you ever get to see this wonder body of mine.” Seunghyun was glad they could change the subject so quickly.

 

“But don't you want our friendship to be the strongest friendship there is? I mean once was great, but imagine how the second time will be, especially if we add some kink and maybe-

 

“Seungri, shut up.” Seunghyun shook his head and walked out of the dorm and he headed for the bathroom. He braced himself and opened the door with Seungri's head popping out from under him so he could see what was going on.

 

“See there's no one in here, you don't have to worry.” Seungri strolled in spread his arms out for emphasis.

 

Seunghyun cautiously walked in, at first he didn't see anyone besides Seungri but that changed when he saw a pair of legs coming out of one of the showers. He covered his eyes and pointed behind Seungri. Seungri turned around and gasped.

 

“What the heck are you doing in here?”

 

That wasn't something Seunghyun was expecting to hear, “He uncovered one eye and peeked around Seungri.” it was Jiyong with a towel wrapped around his waist, he had an amused smile on his face.

 

“Obviously, I was showering.”

 

Seungri rolled his eyes, “Yeah but why in our bathroom, your dorm is on the first floor.”

 

Seunghyun walked up to Seungri and looked at the both of them with curious eyes. Seungri looked upset, while Jiyong looked amused; till he locked eyes with Seunghyun. Jiyong's smile faded when he saw the two of them. His eye brow raised as he saw the disheveled state they were in; bed head and tired eyes was what Jiyong was expecting from the two, but instead he got something else. He walked up to Seungri and sniffed him.

 

“You smell like sweat and...” he trailed his finger down Seungri's chest, “....” Jiyong wrinkled up his nose and glared at Seungri, “I thought you said Seunghyun and you had nothing going on.”

 

Seunghyun didn't know if he should say something, or let them duke it out. He didn't think that could cause so much trouble, but of course he didn't have much experience in it.

 

Seungri crossed his arms, “I told you that there was nothing going on between us and I meant it. The question is, why do you care?”

 

“I don't care.”

 

“Then why are you asking?”

 

“And why are you in our bathroom?” Seunghyun blurted that out without thinking, to him it was a valid question, but he didn't think it was a good time to ask.

 

Jiyong turned toward him, “If you must know I was visiting a friend and he said I could use it.”

 

Seunghyun frowned, he didn't like Jiyong's attitude, and he didn't like who he was thinking his friend was, “Are you talking about the guy who's always here in the morning?”

 

“The who?” Jiyong thought about it fir a second, “Oh that guy, no I'm talking about the guy he rooms with, yeah the bathroom guy creeps me out.” Jiyong shivered thinking about him, “I think he has a crush on me.”

 

“On you? He keeps giving me these weird looks and asks silly questions that make me uncomfortable.”

 

Seungri was trying to keep in his snickers, it was one thing for Seunghyun to experience the guys utter weirdness but for Jiyong to go through it too was priceless.

 

“Has he asked you randomly to hangout? One day out of the blue he told me that since we always saw each other we should have a sleepover.”

 

“Really? When do you see him?” Seunghyun was glad he wasn't the only one experiencing this.

 

“Unfortunately I have a class with him.”

 

Seungri cleared his throat, if he didn't shut them up about this now, then he would never be able to shower. “As much as I want to here you guys converse about that guy I would really like to shower now.” he eyed Jiyong, “Your towels slipping.”

 

Jiyong looked down then glowered at Seungri, “No it isn't, .”

 

Seunghyun stepped away from them and backed up towards he showers, Seungri and Jiyong really needed to work some things out.

 

Jiyong gave Seungri one last look, “We're going to talk right?”

 

“What?”

 

“I have some things to talk to you about.”

 

“Okay, then?” Seungri didn't know what to think about the sudden change of subject and mood.

 

“Later okay.” Jiyong walked away but paused at the door, “If your boyfriends okay with it.”

 

“He's not my boyfriend.”

 

“Whatever.” Jiyong left the bathroom.

 

Seungri shook his head, he was never going to understand Jiyong.

 

Seunghyun poked his head out of the shower an looked at Seungri, “This bathroom seriously has some bad luck.”

 

Seungri couldn't agree more.

 

Once they had finally had got to take their showers they ended up lounging in there dorms, and Seungri was bored. It was never any good when Seungri was bored, at least not for Seunghyun.

 

“Seunghyun, I'm bored.”

 

“Is that so?” Seunghyun grimaced, he knew that Seungri's boredom could end up causing him physical pain if he didn't do something about it quick.

 

“Yes, entertain me.” Seungri laid on the floor with his limbs flailed out, “And it's hot.” he rolled over and crawled over to Seunghyun.

 

“Well what do you want me to do about it?”

 

“Entertain me!” Seungri was acting like a spoiled child, Seunghyun didn't know how he could put up with Seungri.

 

“How Seungri?”

 

“Well...”

 

Seunghyun shook his head, he knew where Seungri was going with this and he wasn't having it, “What are you some sort of ed up fiend?”

 

“I'm not a fiend.” Seungri smiled up at him, he put on his best smile. He wanted to see if Seunghyun would give him what he wanted, if only out of boredom.

 

“What would your boyfriend say?”

 

Seungri frowned, “He's not my boyfriend.”

 

“Speaking of boyfriends, why does he think that we're together?” Seunghyun didn't that they were that close in public to be deemed as more than friends, but if you saw how Seungri was behind closed doors then you would definitely think them more than friends.

 

“I don't know, he's been acting, pretty weirdly around me. I think he has a crush on me, which is cute and all, but I like straight forward men.”

 

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow, “Who has a crush on who?” Seunghyun checked his watch, “Damn, I have to go.”

 

“Where?” Seungri didn't want him to leave him bore and alone.

 

“I have a meting with one of my professors.”

 

“Let me guess, you took to long completing an assignment and now you want to find a way to make it up.”

 

“No.” that was the exact reason why Seunghyun was going to see his professor. Seunghyun got up from where he was sitting and headed out, “I'll be back, you sit tight.”

 

“I'll be here. Doing nothing.”

 

Seunghyun walked out and headed for his professors office, he hoped he wouldn't be late or he would lose his chance to make up the assignment. If he didn't find a way to make up for it, he would surely fail the class. Seunghyun walked briskly down the hallway, on his way there he spotted Daesung hurriedly making his way to an unknown destination. They locked eyes for a second, causing Seunghyun to stutter in his step only just a little. He tore his eyes away from Daesung's and kept on walking, he wouldn't go down that road again, and he wouldn't Daesung for a couple months after they had passed each other in the hallway.

 

Daesung sat in the leather chair waiting for his appointment. He had gotten to the building early and he was waiting impatiently for his name to be called to go in. He tapped his fingers on the leather chair and looked around. There were other people in the waiting room either doing the exact same thing Daesung was, or gazing around shiftily in a nervous manner. Daesung had once been like the people with a nervous look on their faces, it was practically his twentieth time coming here.

 

He came to this building twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays. His name finally got called and he walked into the familiar room and sat in the plush chair. He looked at his therapist with a tired expression, he just wanted to end these sessions by now, but he knew that he still needed help. It was him himself that checked in here, no one had forced him to do it.

 

Dr. Lee moved some papers around her desk and smiled at Daesung, “So how has your day been?”

 

“Fine.” he didn't really like the formalities that the doctor always tried to force on him, he always just wanted to start the session right away.

 

Dr. Lee sighed, “I'm sure you did something that was interesting.”

 

“No.” Daesung ran a hand through his hair, “Look can we start now?”

 

“If that's what you want, then lets get down to business. How have you been sleeping lately, anymore nightmares?”

 

His dreams had been slowly been becoming more and more peaceful, but he always at least had one nightmare a night, “I've been sleeping longer and my dreams have only been interrupted by a nightmare a night.”

 

“That is great progress from the multiple mares you've been having, what was the latest about?” Dr. Lee looked at him expectantly.

 

Daesung hesitated, he hated talking about his dream but he supposed he had to, to finally be rid of them, “School.”

 

“Can we be a bit more specific?” It always took a bit of coaxing to get Daesung to start talking about his dreams.

 

“I dreamt that I was being hauled down the corridors by some kids I used to hang out with when I was younger, I was dreaming that they had come back for me, to finish me off.” Daesung frowned, that dream was the only one that wouldn't disappear, and he didn't know why.

 

His doctor wrote down a few things on her notepad and looked up, “That one has been vexing you for a long time. We need to uncover what's behind it and squash the problem.” she scribbled a few more things in her notepad, without looking up she talked to Daesung, “Tell me, how is Seunghyun?” after she asked the question she looked at the pale face on Daesung, Seunghyun was always a touchy subject.

 

“I don't know, I haven't spoken to him for weeks.”

 

“Seunghyun is a deep root to your problems Daesung. For some reason you seem to associate him with your childhood bullying, why is that?”

 

Daesung firmly clasped his hands together to keep them from shaking, he really did not like talking about Seunghyun, “I, I don't know. That's just how it happened, I always blamed him for that and I don't know why.”

 

“What I think, is that you were angry at him. When you helped him all those years ago he had been barely noticed, and when he was, he was being bullied or harassed. Then you stepped up and everything changed, suddenly everything flipped, you were the one being bullied and he was gaining popularity. You ended up being an outcast while Seunghyun was gaining all of your old friends, and that's when you changed.”

 

Daesung gulped, he never had that part of his life analyzed. Dr. Lee continued on with her evaluation, “You ended up blaming Seunghyun for the reason why you were being ridiculed, but what I want to know is why. Why did you help him in the first place? What did you expect to gain out of it? And most importantly, why did his popularity hurt you so much?”

 

That was a lot of questions for Daesung to answer, he wasn't sure if could get through them all. “I can tell you why I helped hi in the first place.” Daesung took a deep breath, this was where he would start telling his therapist about all the feelings he had been harboring for years, “I had always admired Seunghyun, I thought he was everything I wasn't. He was always so quiet and shy, until he was alone; that was when his true colors would show, and you would be able to see the fun silly side about him. I always wanted to be close to him as a child but I didn't know how to approach him, there was never any reason to, so when the opportunity arrived, I took it.”

 

“So you thought keeping him from being bullied would bring you closer to him?”

 

“I did, but it didn't end up that way. The gang later ended up using me as their own human punching and had starting leaving Seunghyun alone. I guessed they didn't like that I had stood up to them so they wanted me to know my place. At first Seunghyun was just left alone, people still didn't approach him, but I was to busy getting my stuff thrown in the trash or something of mine stolen to ever have a proper conversation with him.” As Daesung talked about it everything flowed out easier, he had been holding this story in since he was a child and he guessed it was time for him to finally let go.

 

“And then what happened?” Lee was making good progress with Daesung, this was more then he ever said about Seunghyun in any of his previous sessions.

 

“What I had wanted was to be able to be close to Seunghyun in some type of way and that never happened. I was devastated and I was wondering why he never gave me another look, why it seemed he had forgotten about and left me to dry. I had been the first person who was kind to him, and he never, not even once walked up to me and thanked me. He just took the popularity he had and ran with it, and I was just left in the dust. He never even returned the favor, how could he have not known about me? How could he have went along with his life and not have known that I was yearning for him to notice me, to help pick up my books when they were knocked down, how could he have not known?”

 

Daesung had started and there was no switch to turn him off, he wanted all of this off of his chest, he wanted to go on with clean slate and drop everything that had been hurting him in the past.

 

“But he did want to be with you. Isn't that correct? Why didn't you fulfill your fantasy when he had first confessed to you?” Dr. Lee wanted to get to the bottom of Daesung's rejection.

 

Daesung laughed bitterly, “By the time I hit my sophomore year in high school I had given up on being with Seunghyun. He had his friends and I had the few I gained over the years, at that time I just wanted forget everything hat had happened since I had first encountered Seunghyun, so I ended up pushing all the bad memories back, I wanted nothing to do with them.” Daesung clenched his fists together, “When Seunghyun confessed to me, I took it as an insult. After all those years of me pining for him, he finally decided to step up to the plate, he started saying all these things to me and I hated it. Why couldn't he have done it sooner? Why did he all of a sudden want me? It made no sense, and I couldn't go back to the times where all I would think about was Seunghyun, I had successfully gotten rid of all those painful memories, and he was stirring them back up.

 

“When he said he loved me, it was like he was mocking me. He was just bringing back old memories when he said those words, when he touched me, talked to me. I just wanted to keep them back, and he wasn't helping that.” Daesung went on to tell her how when Seunghyun had started talking to him his nightmares and memories started, and now there was still that one nightmare that he couldn't get rid of.

 

“This is perfect, now what we have to do is find out how that specific nightmare is linked with Seunghyun.” Dr. Lee was ecstatic, they would finally be able to get to the bottom of this.

 

“How do I do that?”

 

“I think you're going to need to talk to Seunghyun, maybe find a way to bring here to one of your sessions.”

 

That was not something Daesung wanted to do, he couldn't face him, not after everything, “I can't do that, he would never come with me here. I haven't even spoken to him.”

 

“I'm sorry but it's the only way we can get to the bottom of this.” Dr. Lee gave him a stern look, she truly thought that this was the only way, “Besides, I've already established one thing that you need to settle within yourself, and that involves Seunghyun.”

 

“What?”

 

“From what you've told me, it seems you have buried your feelings for this man, and every time you try to uncover them, you end up going into a relapse. We need to be able to harbor your feelings and tame them without you going back and repressing your memories again, we need Seunghyun for that, you need to tell him everything.”

 

Daesung blinked, “Everything?”

 

“Everything.”

 

This was going to be hard for Daesung, he had hoped he could go through therapy without having to bring up Seunghyun but it seemed it was inevitable, “What if when I see him, I relapse, what if I have nervous breakdown?”

 

“That won't happen if you don't think about it to much. You're already psyching yourself out and that's a bad thing. You need to talk to him with a positive attitude.” she looked at the clock and sighed, “Your session is up, I hope I see Seunghyun soon, so we can solve this problem once and for all.”

 

Daesung nodded without saying goodbye and walked out of the room. He didn't think he was ready to see Seunghyun again, no after everything he had put him through. No one would ever want to see Daesung again if they had been in Seunghyun shoes. So why would Seunghyun willingly go with him to therapy?