Chase Me

I'm Not Your Rose

Seunghyun buttoned up his shirt and looked into the mirror. He wasn't trying to dress for success but he didn't know what Daesung could be bringing him to so he opted for causally distraught. It was new form of attire he had invented for this day. Seunghyun had never been to a therapy session, he wondered if whoever was going to evaluate them was going to forcefully try and probe into his mind. He put on his shoes and took one last glance at the mirror, he hoped no one could tell how nervous he was feeling by looking at his face.

 

“You look like a nervous wreck.”

 

And there Seungri went shattering all his hope, “Thanks, that's the look I was going for.”

 

“Your welcome.” Seungri lazily watched Seunghyun check himself out in the mirror, “Why are you trying to be all fashionable anyways?”

 

“Because what if I go there and they lock me up in a metal institute for looking like a slob.” Seunghyun deemed himself fit and sat down.

 

“I don't think that's possible.”

 

“Weirder things have happened.” Seunghyun really did not want to go but he was afraid Daesung would never leave him alone till he did. He was already uncomfortable seeing Daesung around the campus, but now he was going to be with him in a small room with a shrink; like it was some sort of couples therapy or something.

 

Seunghyun heard the deafening knock on their door and braced himself, “Wish me luck Seungri.”

 

“You are way to tense about this, I'm sure they'll feed you a load of crap and you'll walk out learning nothing.” Seungri nodded his head like he was sure of that happening.

 

“Thanks, that really helps.”

 

“I'm always free to give you my advice.”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and opened the door. Daesung was nervously rubbing his arm and staring at his shoes, “Are you ready?”

 

Daesung barely looked up, eye contact with Seunghyun was something he couldn't do, “Yes, follow me.”

 

When Seunghyun got to the big gray building he already felt unnerved, the people in the waiting room seemed so...disturbed; like they really did need help. Then again it could have been all in his imagination. The wait for Daesung's name to be called was excruciating, Seunghyun didn't like having to be there any longer then he had to. He sighed in relief when they got called up to the room; well he was relieved till he actually sat down and realized that this was real.

 

Dr. Lee was happily surprised to see Seunghyun in the room with Daesung, this would be a major breakthrough, “I'm so glad you could make it Seunghyun, I've heard so much about you.”

 

Daesung's cheeks inflamed immediately after she said that, he tried to hide his embarrassment but everyone could see the bright red on his cheeks.

 

Seunghyun eyed the doctor, “Oh you have? I hope it was good.” he was slightly being sarcastic in his response, it was defense mechanism that he was used to using mainly on Seungri.

 

“It actually was, now do you know why your here?”

 

“Not really, Daesung dragged me down here saying that it was important and that everything would be clear once I came.”

 

Daesung cleared his throat, they were talking like he wasn't in the room and it was slightly irritating him, “Can we get on with this?”

 

Dr. Lee was all but aware of how much Daesung liked to get started right when he walked in and stopped the small talk, “Well Seunghyun I guess we should begin, we don't want to waste anymore time. I've asked Daesung to bring you here because I not only thought it would benefit him but there is also something that should intrigue you. Daesung has something to tell you that I'm sure you would like to here.”

 

Seunghyun narrowed his eyes, “He isn't going to lower my self-esteem anymore than he has is he?”

 

“Why don't we let Daesung tell you that.”

 

Seunghyun turned to Daesung expectantly, he didn't think there could be anything he had to say that would change anything.

 

Daesung knew Seunghyun was expecting him to start talking but he was extremely nervous. He didn't know how he would react to what he had to say and he didn't know how to go about telling him all the feelings he had been harboring. Daesung was finally going to let Seunghyun into his heart, it was the most vulnerable part about him and he didn't want Seunghyun to think that he wasn't sincere. He was afraid that nothing would change once he told him about all the suffering he had gone through and his feelings for him. What if all he would was laugh in his face? Daesung couldn't bare to think about all the negatives anymore.

 

Daesung his lips and started to speak, “Seunghyun, before I start, I want you to know that I'm sorry. There will never be enough times that I can say I'm sorry and I think I'll only end up saying it a million more times after this. It would be a miracle if you would ever forgive and if the day comes when you do I'll be eternally grateful and thank you a thousand times over. Seunghyun, I can't take anything that I've done back and I know I hurt you badly, I'm so sorry.” before he could even start his story he was already choking up, he was already feeling the devastation that Seunghyun would never forgive him.

 

Seunghyun was tight lipped and he wouldn't say a thing he wanted to hear what Daesung could possibly have to say and he wasn't in the mood for any type of apology at the moment, “I don't want to hear an apology right now, just tell me what you need to tell me.”

 

The curt manner Seunghyun was giving Daesung crushed him, he was losing hope before he even uttered a word, “Okay, here goes.” Daesung started telling him everything from the time they were kids to the present. He didn't hold back any thought or emotion at all. He wanted Seunghyun to know the full extent of how he was feeling like Seunghyun had done for Daesung many times before.

 

Seunghyun was shaking he couldn't tell what type of emotion he had after Daesung's confession to him. He didn't know how to act or what he should say.

 

Daesung looked up at Seunghyun and grasped his hand, “Seunghyun?” there was a desperate pleading in his eyes for Seunghyun to say something, anything to him. He had to know how he felt about everything he said, he just had to know if he would at least acknowledge how he felt about him. He wanted to know how Seunghyun felt about the hidden emotions he had kept inside of him for years; the emotions that had resurfaced fully with nowhere to go but out. He just wanted Seunghyun, and he wanted to know if that's what he could have.

 

Seunghyun stared at the desperate look in Daesung's eyes, it reminded him of himself. He took in a shaky breath, all this information was the complete opposite of what Daesung had told him before and it was messing with his head, “So...you've always felt this way. Even from the very beginning?” reality was hardly hitting Seunghyun, he felt like he was in some type of dream world.

 

“Yes, I just could never voice it because it hurt too much. I was selfish when I said all those things to you, I had only been thinking about myself at the time; I never thought about how you felt. It was just so hard to relive those memories Seunghyun, it hurt so much, and I ended up hurting you to ease my own pain, I regret that so much now. I just wanted to be with you and I ended pushing you away once I got the chance.” all the pain he had been holding in was starting to pour out of him, his eyes were stinging and he couldn't hold back the sad grimace that was forming on his face.

 

“You, you've always felt this way?” that was the only thing that Seunghyun seemed to be grasping at the moment, he couldn't get that thought out of his head, “Daesung are you saying that you've always been in love with me? From the very beginning?” Seunghyun was visibly shaking and he didn't know if he wanted cry because he was happy or angry. What was he supposed to do? Was he supposed to be happy that Daesung did have feelings for him, or was he supposed to be angry because Daesung did in fact have feelings for him and he had been lying to him for so long.

 

“Yes, Seunghyun, please don't be angry at me. I can't see it, you're not happy that I lied but you have to understand that I couldn't deal with it at the time. Seunghyun don't be angry, I'm sorry I keep messing with your feelings, but this is how I truly feel, this is the last time Seunghyun, I'm telling you the truth now.”

 

Seunghyun pulled his hand away from Daesung's and wiped away the angry tears that he didn't know were forming, “I had tried so hard to get over you Daesung, so very hard, and now look at what your telling me. You keep messing with my heart, I can't trust you with it, not one bit. I tried giving it to you before and look at what you did to me. Now you're telling me all of this and you want me to except it right this instant like I didn't get beat down emotionally because you were too afraid to face your demons.” Seunghyun was deeply frustrated, he didn't know what to do, “I tried so hard to stop thinking about you and I ended up succeeding and it made me happier. What can you do? Do you think you make me happy, if I give you my heart again will you take care of it?”

 

Dr. Lee was wondering if this would be a breakthrough for the both of them, she knew that it would take a lot of hard work for the both of them to have a relationship that would work out, but she had high hopes that the both of them would make up.

 

“I promise I won't hurt you again, if you give me another chance I promise I won't ever do anything to hurt you. I know what I want now, and that's you. I've always wanted you.” Daesung was hoping that Seunghyun would forgive him and take him back, it would fill the hole in his heart that he had placed there himself.

 

“How can I trust you, because I don't. I don't trust that you'll be able to stop breaking my heart, I don't trust that you'll never hurt me again. And I damn well don't trust anything you say to me. All you've ever done is lie to me, and why should I believe that all of a sudden you want to be with me? Why now? Why after countless days of me crying myself to sleep to the point that I felt dehydrated should I believe a word you say? Daesung why are you doing this to me? Why?” Seunghyun got up from his chair and headed for the door, “I can't just except you without some type of proof that you've changed, I'm not going to blindly love you like I already did. Daesung if you want to be with me then I want to see you work for it. I want to see you struggle like I did, and then, I will happily open my arms to you.”

 

Seunghyun left the room causing a deaf defying silence in his midst. Daesung was stunned, out of all the outbursts he planned in his head, that one was something he was not expecting. Daesung looked at the empty spot where Seunghyun had once sat, helplessly. He blinked a few times, the words Seunghyun had said registering in his head slowly. He let out a frustrated cry and and rubbed his eyes in a defeated manner. He wouldn't let out his frustrated tears in front of his doctor, he just wouldn't.

 

“What am I to do?” Daesung continued to stare at the empty spot.

 

Dr. Lee sighed, “He told you what he wanted you to do, the question is, how are you going to do it and do you want to?” the breakthrough that Dr. Lee wanted did not happen, instead something else happened. Seunghyun had voiced that he was just going to take Daesung back unconditionally, he wanted something in return, he wanted to see that Daesung really wanted him and that he would do anything to get him. “Seunghyun is not just going to take you without you showing him that you want to be with him no matter what. He wants to truly know that you'll give him the type of love that he tried giving you and that you'll do anything, no matter how much it hurts, to be with him.”

 

“How am I supposed to show him that? What am I supposed to do?” Daesung had no idea what he was going to do, Seunghyun didn't want words he wanted actions and Daesung didn't know how he was supposed to show him that he did love him, that he did want to be with him...that he always had.

 

“That is not for me to say, you have to know Seunghyun better then I do. What do you think he would want you to do?”

 

“I don't know, I really don't know.” Daesung tried thinking of something that would work.

 

“Maybe you're thinking to hard.”

 

“I, he, he wants me to chase him. That's what he wants, he wants me to feel how he felt. Seunghyun wants me to keep chasing after him till he thinks that enough is enough.”

 

“And would you do that? Will you chase him?”

 

Daesung had made up his mind, “I would, to the end of the earth.” Daesung stood up to leave, there was still ten minutes left of his session but he felt he didn't need the extra minutes.

 

Seunghyun made it back to his dorm and closed the door behind him. He had a lot on his mind, he wasn't sure if he had made the right decision to have Daesung work for his love. He didn't know if he should still be offering it to him. Love was a funny thing, no matter how much someone hurts you, you can still end up being in love with them. And for what reason? Why did he still want Daesung? Was it some type of force that kept drawing him to Daesung no matter what?

 

Even if there was something pulling Seunghyun to Daesung he wouldn't go to him so easily this time. He had carelessly given him his heart without a second thought and he had smashed it then stomped on the broken pieces. Now, he would have Daesung fight for his love this time, he wouldn't just give it to him without some type of reassurance that he would never hurt him again.

 

“So'd how'd it go?”

 

Seunghyun moved Seungri off of his bed and sat down, “You will not believe the things Daesung told me.”

 

“What he'd say?” rolled over on the bed and looked up at Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun wondered when Seungri would realize that this bed was not meant for two people, he told Seungri everything that happened, “So, what you think.”

 

“In my opinion I would have rather you go on and do what you have been doing, but it's your decision if you really want to give Daesung another chance. Though I think that you both should go your separate ways, why pursue a relationship now?”

 

Seunghyun tried to think of something that would help Seungri understand where he was coming from, “Let tell you something, in my opinion I think you and Jiyong should go your separate ways, you guys haven't had a decent conversation, ever and you've been arguing for months. So why pursue a relationship? Who's to say you'll ever stop bickering?”

 

“You didn't have to do that to prove your point, I get it now, geez.”

 

“Speaking of Jiyong, have you talked to him?”

 

Seungri sat up, “You mean like, today?” he hadn't even made an attempt to talk to Jiyong today and hadn't planned on doing it anytime soon.

 

“I know you, you're going to put it off for as long as possible till it's too late. Get up, and go talk to him before he thinks you've forgotten about him.” Seunghyun gave Seungri a disapproving look.

 

“What if-

 

“Go.”

 

“But-

 

Seunghyun raised and eyebrow and pointed to the door, “I said go.”

 

Seungri lazily got up from the bed and slowly walked to the door, “It's not going to work out I just know it.”

 

“Go!”

 

Seungri quickly made his way out of the dorm from Seunghyun's exclamation. Seunghyun sighed and laid down on his bed, now that he was alone he had time to think about Daesung. He was always stirring up hectic feelings in Seunghyun and Seunghyun know why it was so easy for him to get under his skin. Seunghyun was unsure of how Daesung would show him how much he loved him, but he wouldn't go easy on him at all. The days events were unraveling everything that he knew about Daesung, yes he knew the pain well of being bullied and yes it must have been hard for Daesung to go through that alone, but why did he have to blame it all on Seunghyun. Seunghyun didn't think he did anything wrong, he did exactly what Daesung had done; watch from afar. They were both responsible and he would except that, but the fact that Daesung at one point blamed it all on him unnerved him.

 

Seunghyun was having a hard time trying to grasp the full situation, he wondered how the had switched places and why had fate wanted it to be this way. Did some entity want Seunghyun to know how Daesung felt then turn it around and have him make Daesung see how he felt? Was that the will of the world, to further complicate their relationship till there was little sense to it? Seunghyun would have thought on this some more if he didn't here a tentative knock on the door, too lazy to get up, he shouted a come in.

 

Daesung walked in cautiously, “Seunghyun I'm going to start now. I'm going to start winning your love back now.”

 

Seunghyun sat up from his bed, “And how are you going to do that.”

 

Daesung left Seunghyun's room and came back in pulling a small red wagon behind him, “I didn't know what you liked so I just got everything I could afford.”

 

Seunghyun's eyes widened, he didn't know if he should be surprised about all the flowers and chocolates Daesung had bought, or how obtained the wagon. He quickly composed his face, “You can't buy my love.”

 

Daesung smiled, “I know, but I suppose you would at least appreciate what I did?” he looked up at Seunghyun with a hopeful gaze.

 

“I guess so, geez Daesung how much did this cost you?”

 

“It doesn't matter, I did this for you and I'll do again if you asked me to.”

 

“Really?” Seunghyun cleared his throat, “I mean, so?”

 

Daesung frowned, despite Seunghyun's obvious appreciation he was still going to give him a hard time no matter how big the gesture. It wasn't about the things Daesung did, it was about how long of a chase, “Do you not like it?”

 

“No! I mean yes. No wait I mean...it's alright.” he wasn't going to let up on his nonchalant demeanor.

 

Daesung tried to keep his smiles down, “Do I not get an A for effort?”

 

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, Daesung was really pushing it, “A-.”

 

“Do I not get a reward?” Daesung looked up at him innocently.

 

“What? What kind of reward?” Daesung was really pushing it.

 

“I don't know...”

 

Seunghyun kissed Daesung on the cheek, “There, are you happy?”

 

A wide smile spread on Daesung's lips and he touched the cheek where Seunghyun had kissed him, “Happy.”

 

“That's all you're getting from me Daesung. Be ready to be put on an emotional roller coaster, it's going to be a bumpy ride, you just wait.”

 

Daesung's eye's narrowed, “I'm up for the challenge.”

 

“I'm going to make you cry.” he didn't think he would have the heart to do so but he wanted to prepare Daesung for anything.

 

“I'll bring tissues.”

 

“You'll get hurt trying to win my love.”

 

“Then I'll have first aid kit.”

 

“Fine, suit yourself

 

“I will.” Daesung headed for the door.

 

“Wait! What am I supposed to do with all these flowers?”

 

“Plant them?” Daesung left Seunghyun with the vast majority of flowers and chocolates in his dorm.

 

Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders and opened a package, “I guess I shouldn't waste this.” he took a bite into one of the chocolates and grimaced, it was one of those mystery flavors and he got a gross tasting one. “Figures.”