And Then What

I'm Not Your Rose

 Daesung smiled, tracing his hand down Seunghyun's stomach, and kissing him awake. “Good morning.” he laughed, hands tracing around the pasties Seunghyun still had on.

 

“Morning.” Seunghyun smiled, eyes trailing Daesung's chest, looking at all the love bites he left on his skin. He rolled over, trapping Daesung with his body and rubbing his nose against Daesung's. “Did you sleep well?”

 

“Of course, though you do realize you slept with these pasties on right?”

 

“Oh yeah, take them off for me?” Daesung reached up, peeling the pasties off and rubbing the glue off well. “Mmm, what are you trying to do?”

 

“I'm just rubbing the glue off.” he smiled up at him innocently.

 

“I didn't put any on my s.”

 

Daesung wiggled down, kissing Seunghyun's chest, “Oh, you didn't?”

 

Seunghyun shook his head, “I didn't.”

 

“You know, you gave me a lot of bruises.” he poked his chest and looked at all the hickies, “I can't count all of them.”

 

“Sorry? I got a little carried away.”

 

“A little?”

 

Seunghyun leaned down, speaking against Daesung's skin, “Even if I did get carried away, you like it. At least, you weren't complaining last night.”

 

“Wow.” he rolled his eyes, “That is true though.”

 

“Love?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Seunghyun pinched Daesung's cheeks and kissed, “Did you ever think we'd end up this way.”

 

“What? on your dorm room floor with discarded pasties? No.”

 

“You know what I mean.”

 

“The answer is still no. I always thought that we'd be married with children by now, and that you'd be a stay at home dad.” he laughed shaking his head in disbelief at his own fantasy, “I quickly realized that wouldn't have been plausible.”

 

“You've got to be kidding me, that's so cliché.”

 

“Fine, what did you think?”

 

“That'd we'd be on my dorm room floor with discarded pasties, except a lot sooner.”

 

Daesung wrapped his arms around Seunghyun's back, giggling at his answer, “You , where did this come from?”

 

“Well, maybe it might just be me, or maybe, it might just be the fact that you and I...” he looked down making suggestive looks with his eyes.

 

“Okay, I get it.”

 

Seunghyun laid down, burying his face in the crook of Daesung's neck, “Do we have to get up? I can lay with you here all day.” a content sigh escaped his lips. Seunghyun closed his eyes, feeling too comfortable to move.

 

“I have class later, I'll have to get up soon, and what's today?”

 

“It's Thursday, why?”

 

Daesung groaned, “Life is so stressful, how can you be so calm?” he put his arm over his eyes, sighing in frustration.

 

“Calm about what?”

 

“Ugh, Seunghyun, the year is almost over. We'll be graduating soon, or did you forget?”

 

“Wow, I did forget. So much has been going on I haven't even thought about the year ending.” Seunghyun rolled over, the comfortable feeling he had, had diminished.

 

“Seunghyun, baby, I also still have to go to therapy.”

 

“Y-your still going?”

 

“Mhm, it's kind of like I'm ending it. Dr. Lee says that I have improved significantly since my last sessions and she said in no time I should be able to stop going.” he his lips, going over the things Dr. Lee had said to him the last time he was there, “She also said that maybe, you should start going.”

 

“Me, I'm perfectly fine.”

 

“That's what I thought, until I had a nervous breakdown.” he turned to Seunghyun, poking the indent in his cheek, “You should go, you never know if you're fully healed if you don't go and talk about it with someone who can professionally help you. I mean, your problems were therapy worthy, I don't want it to, you know, come back.”

 

“Come back? I told you that I'm fine, now that I'm with you I will always be okay, but I'll go if that's what you want.”

 

“You will?” he beamed, lips pecking both of Seunghyun's cheeks, “Next week, we'll go together, that's group it'll be fine.”

 

Seunghyun really didn't think that he needed to go, but since Daesung asked he said yes. “Group?”

 

“Well, you know, group...”

 

“I can't get out of it now, can't I?”

 

Daesung poked Seunghyun's cheek again, “No silly, you already said yes.” he grinned, sitting up and stretching, “I think we should get up and take a shower now.”

 

“Together?”

 

“No, separate.”

 

Seunghyun pouted, giving Daesung puppy dog eyes, “I won't do anything but wash.”

 

“Yeah, right.” Daesung laughed, leaving Seunghyun on the floor and grabbing his robe, “Hurry up so we can do something before our classes start.”

 

“Fine.”

 

They didn't really do anything when they got done washing. Daesung sat between Seunghyun's legs, occasionally looking up to receive a kiss from him and smiling at the shared silence the had. He leaned back, feeling the warmth of Seunghyun's chest on his back and his arms tightly around his waist. A giddy smile overcame his face as he thought about the sweet peace he had between Seunghyun and him.

 

He wished the warmth would be able to last forever, but as Daesung thought, he realized stressful times were just coming. The end of the year was rolling in, and he would have finals and other things o prepare for. There was no doubt that he would graduate, but with Seunghyun you always had to worry. Seunghyun had never been the one to avidly do his homework or ace a test or even C it, but he had been working diligently over these last few months and it seemed that his grades were good enough. Daesung wanted to graduate with his class already and to apply his skills into the world, and maybe, start a life with Seunghyun.

 

Daesung smiled lightly to himself, the thought of graduating and being with Seunghyun after the year being over sounded pretty good. They could continue living together, continue being together. All that sounded good, but Daesung didn't know where they were going to go after their college lives are over, would Seunghyun go back home?

 

He sighed, turning his head to the side and looking up at Seunghyun, “Seunghyun?”

 

Seunghyun leaned down, kissing Daesung's neck and hummed a response.

 

“What are you going to do when school is over?”

 

“To be honest I haven't thought about much of the future like that. I didn't even think that I was going to be on the track to graduate, why?” he rested his chin on Daesung's shoulder, waiting for his response.

 

“I was just thinking about when graduation comes, what we would do.” Daesung plucked at his tank top, it was growing warm in the room, but he could bear the heat, as it was also coming from Seunghyun.

 

“Well, what are we going to do?”

 

“I was thinking, maybe, moving in together?” he looked up hopefully, eyes curious as to what Seunghyun would say to that. Would an official stay together be too soon?

 

“Sounds nice.” he closed his eyes, leaning against the wall, the heat getting to his head, “Maybe it would be better if we went outside, I'm sure you have to go for classes soon anyways.” he swallowed, bringing a hand to his face, “We don't want you to fail before the year ends.”

 

“Me? Fail? Please, you're barking up the wrong tree.” Daesung peeled away from Seunghyun, missing the contact, but feeling ten degrees cooler. He took Seunghyun's hand in his, “Don't you have class too?”

 

“On Thursdays? No. Today is my chill day.”

 

Daesung got up pulling Seunghyun along, “Walk with me outside anyway, I have like, half an hour or something.”

 

Seunghyun nodded, letting himself get pulled by Daesung, he tilted his head to the side laughing as Daesung seemed to be walking with some type of agenda when he knew there was nowhere to go but out. They would have made it out without a hitch, until Daesung had to make an abrupt stop, almost colliding with the person he that was standing in front of him.

 

He smiled sheepishly, an apology in his eyes at his clumsiness, but he supposed that it would be okay anyways, “Sorry, Youngbae.”

 

Youngbae had a hand over his heart, almost bumping into Daesung when he had rounded the corner. He had just came from grabbing some papers from his professor so he could study for exams. They were coming up and he wanted to study early unlike earlier years when he waited till the last minute, “It's okay, what's up?” he stared at the two in front of him, he had seen Seunghyun's public display of affection yesterday and it didn't take a genius to realize that him and Daesung had patched things up in such a short notice. They must have really been meant for each other then if it didn't take that long.

 

“Nothing, me and Seunghyun were going to go outside for some fresh air.”

 

Seunghyun looked at the ground, every encounter with Youngbae was awkward and he didn't like it one bit. It seemed they always left things on bad terms, saying words they shouldn't have said; one or the other. Now, he didn't what to feel. Most of his disdain for Youngbae had been centered around Youngbae, and now that he was seeing him today he felt a bit numb, like there was nothing to bring himself to feel about him.

 

“Oh...cool.” Youngbae just wanted to hide in a shell or something, he had just wanted to start studying five minutes ago, but now he wanted to go in his dorm and sulk under the covers. It was nice, seeing Daesung happy, and Seunghyun, well, Seunghyun, but he couldn't feel a bit envious. It would be the first time that he would admit envy as he never had any reason to do earlier, but seeing the both of them so content while his life was becoming a bit more meaningless as the days seemed to go on. It seemed like all his friends had left him in the dust for a significant other.

 

It was weird, Youngbae hadn't really dwelled on the thought much before, but now that he was seeing the two face to face, the little green monster inside him seemed to grow. Though, expressing his envy wasn't his style, he would write it off as something that would pass.

 

“You miss me?” Daesung seemed oblivious to the tension that you could cut with a knife, or he was just ignoring it. He didn't want to just walk passed Youngbae like he was never or still isn't his friend, a little forced may be the conversation, but he wasn't going to give up so easily.

 

“Like a skinny girl misses cake.”

 

“What?” Daesung chuckled, he had no idea where Youngbae could have picked up that saying.

 

He shrugged, “I don't know.”

 

Seunghyun looked at the off white walls, he didn't know if he should slip away and let Daesung catch up with Youngbae, or try and say something. Neither seemed plausible as he had nothing to say, and the thought of leaving Daesung alone with Youngbae was like the thought of leaving your food with a bear – unnerving.

 

He looked at Youngbae, searching his face for something, for anything really. Seunghyun didn't know what he was looking for, but he could spot the shiftiness in Youngbae's the eyes and the nervous of his lips. They locked eyes for a second, and a bit of understanding passed between them. It was a only a second of their eyes catching a glimpse of each other, but Seunghyun saw it, and he wondered if Youngbae knew. He could see it in Youngbae's eyes, the longing. Longing for what, Seunghyun did not know, maybe for Daesung after all, or maybe for simpler times, it was unclear as what he wanted.

 

Seunghyun was unsure if he wanted to address this with Youngbae or keep it quiet and see what happens. He wanted to know what was going on in Youngbae's head, what was he feeling. It should have been beyond his interests – at least that's what he told himself – to even be thinking about Youngbae, but he was interested, and that intrigued him. If e noticed this, that means it had to be something worth noticing, or else he was just going mad in the head trying to search for possible threats to his relationship with Daesung.

 

“Well I'm going to guess that that means that you miss me a lot.” he smiled and hugged Youngbae, “You're supposed to anyways.”

 

 

It was about a three second delay till Youngbae hugged Daesung, a bit of a long time, but he didn't know how to react properly. Even when he did jug him back it was loose and he didn't put much effort into it, not with the look Seunghyun was giving him. As much as Youngbae wanted to, he couldn't look away from Seunghyun's gaze and folded arms. It seemed like he didn't like the fact of Youngbae hugging Daesung though it was more like Daesung hugging Youngbae.

 

Youngbae swallowed, not liking the fact that Seunghyun wasn't glaring at him nor giving him a dirty look for hugging Daesung. It was more inquisitive, he didn't make it obvious, but Youngbae was queen to the look. Seunghyun was just looking at him, waiting for the hug to end, which only lasted a few seconds after the short delay, but felt like centuries had passed.

 

Daesung didn't seem to to notice the small stare off his boyfriend and friend were having, or again, he chose to ignore it.

 

“I guess I am, aren't I? I really do miss you.” he didn't know if he meant that in meaning that he missed him being his roommate or missed him in general, or even, missed how their friendship used to be. It could have even been all three if Youngbae thought about it, but he convinced himself that it was nothing to dwell on as the past was the past and he had sent Daesung to be off with the one he loved, and him to be alone, he tried to be the understanding friend, “I should get going, I have studying to do.” Although climbing under his blanket and staying there forever did seem quite nice, as what was the point anymore?

 

Daesung grabbed Seunghyun's hand again, this time slowing his pace and taking his time, “You didn't say a word the whole time.”

 

“It was your conversation not mine. What was I to say anyways?” even if he did want to say anything, he had no idea what to say.

 

“You could have said hi how are you, where are your manners?”

 

“What am I in trouble now for not saying anything? Keep in mind Youngbae didn't make any effort to speak to me.”

 

Daesung stopped, “He was speaking, that's the point.” he started up again, legs taking him to his destination.

 

Seunghyun caught up to him and wrapped his arms around his waist, “Don't fight with me on this, it was just awkward.”

 

“Ugh, you both need to get over it.” he paused, “I mean, resolve your issues.”

 

“What do you suggest? We go see Dr. Lee and talk it out?” he Daesung still, keeping him from turning around and hitting him, “We'll resolve it, I'm sure of it.”

 

“You better be, because if you don't then I'll have to step in and say something, and you don't want me to do that.” Daesung wiggled out of Seunghyun's grasp, and rubbed his hand on Seunghyun's cheek, “I don't even think it's about me anymore. Whatever it is, it must be something different.”

 

“And who's to say it has something to do with me?” Seunghyun rubbed whole into the dirt underneath his shoe, “I can't be that important.”

 

“Not important, but a nuisance.”

 

“Me?”

 

“Yeah, a huge pain. I think you're lucky to have found someone as generous as me to put up with you.” he smiled, patting Seunghyun on the cheek, “I just love your cheeks.”

 

Seunghyun removed Daesung's hand from his face, grinning in the process, “No, you love every part of me.” he smiled matter of factly at him.

 

“Whatever, I have to go love.” he kissed Seunghyun, “Don't wait up.”

 

Seunghyun grabbed Daesung by the waist, pulling him in for another kiss, “Have a nice day love.” he shooed Daesung away, smiling brightly as Daesung waved walking to his class.

 

Seunghyun stuffed his hands in his pockets, walking back to his dorm to maybe study, or take nap as he didn't have anything better to do. All he had now was time, time to think, time to do nothing. His thoughts roamed over to Youngbae unsurprisingly, the look in Youngbae's eyes still telling him something but nothing at the same time. He was sure that Youngbae would not have liked him in prying into his thoughts like he was, but he had seen and wouldn't let it go. Seunghyun was still unsure if it was still just a paranoia and he wouldn't just go up to Youngbae and say something but he'd keep an eye out for him.

 

The longing was evident in Youngbae's eyes, Seunghyun wanted to know what he wanted. He couldn't bring himself to know why he was still strung up on this, it could be the fact the Youngbae looked like a lost puppy all alone or he was just a nosy person at heart.

 

He sighed, not really wanting to think about anything that was taxing on his psyche. What he wanted was to only focus on the remaining time school had to offer and his relationship with Daesung. Daesung was the only real thing that mattered in this whole equation and he would do anything to please him.

 

Daesung, seemed to influence most of his decisions. Seunghyun really couldn't think of much that didn't involve Daesung in his thoughts, it was all about him. Now though, it seemed like it vaguely was, like there was something more to it. Or it could all be about him, Seunghyun didn't know and frankly he was done thinking about it when he reached his dorm.

 

Seunghyun walked in, immediately finding the bed and flopping on it like he hadn't seen a bed in years. All thoughts from earlier escaping his head as he was too willing to forget about it. He knew if he would remember tomorrow and fix it like Daesung wanted him too, or most likely he would forget and no think about till it was too late.

 

It all didn't matter now, he was tired for no apparent reason but to be tired and he didn't want any thoughts coming in his head that weren't pleasant and easy. Seunghyun closed his eyes letting himself fall into a reckless slumber that required no thought and only dreamless dreams.

 

>>>>>>>>>

This story ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Or until everything is as it is. which means till I think if I ended it, there would be no holes in the plot.