Chapter 35

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 35: Yun-Ae’s POV

            “What am I going to do without you?” Yunji wailed as we were hugging each other goodbye and the airport.

            I still had four hours until my flight would depart for Los Angeles but Yunji had to go to work soon so she brought me our to Incheon early so she could see me off.

            “I don’t know what I’m going to do without you either,” I said, laughing slightly to try and lighten the mood.

            Obviously, it didn’t work.

            “You're going away for three years,” She began to cry.

            “Don’t cry,” I said. “You’re going to make me cry,” I admitted quietly as we let go of each other.

            “I have to go now,” Yunji announced after she checked her watch and wiped her tears away. “I’m going to miss you so much,”

            “I’m going to miss you too,” I said as I felt tears well up in my eyes as well. 

            “Promise me that you’ll take lots of pictures and call me every day. Okay?” Yunji asked as more tears streamed down her face.

            “I promise,” I nodded as I hugged her again.

            “I love you so much,” Yunji said.

            “I love you too," I replied as we let go once more.

            “Bye!” I said as I waved, wiping away some of the tears that had escaped my eyes as well.

            This would be the first time Yunji and I would have to be apart since we were born. We had done everything together, but now it was time for us to start living separate lives. 

            “Are you going to go through security yet?” I heard a familiar voice from behind.

            “Minhyuk oppa,” I said as I went into his arms and held him tightly.

            “Minhyuk, you have ten minutes before we have to head back for your schedule,” His manager said slightly impatiently.

            "He just loves ruining the mood, doesn't he,” Minhyuk oppa muttered under his breath before he kissed the top of my head.

            “You know what’s funny? I promised you that I wouldn’t be like your other dance partners. But look at me now. I’m doing the exact same thing as them. Leaving,” I said. “Actually, I’m worse. I’m leaving you right in the middle of promotions,”

            “Don’t say that,” He said as he cupped my cheek with his palm. “You’re nothing like the other two. If you were, then I wouldn’t have fallen in love with you,”

            “You always know what to say,” I sighed as I kissed the base of his thumb.

            Minhyuk oppa then leaned in and our lips softly crashed together and tears began falling down my face as we shared what would be one of our last kisses together before having to be apart.

            “Hey, don’t cry,” Minhyuk oppa said as he gently wiped my tears away with his thumb.

            “How can I not cry when I have to leave you for three years?” I asked helplessly. “I’m going to miss you so much,”

            “I’m going to miss you too. But I’ll wait for you. I promise,” He said sincerely as we looked each other in the eyes.

            “Thank you oppa,” I said.

            “But be careful in Los Angeles. I’ve heard that there are many handsome Korean guys there and they might try something with you,” Minhyuk oppa warned.

            “That won’t be much of a problem,” I reassured him as our fingers laced together. "No matter how handsome he may be, I'm going to have to turn him down because I have you,"

            “I love you,” Minhyuk oppa said before he leaned in for another kiss.

            “I love you too,” I said as I buried my face in his chest once we pulled apart.

            “Minhyuk,” The manager said as he pointed to his watch.

            “I have to go now,” He said sadly as he held me tightly. “Call me every day?”

            “Of course,” I nodded.

            “Bye,” Minhyuk oppa said as he let go of me.

            “Bye,” I said before getting up on my toes to kiss him on the cheek before Minhyuk oppa and his manager left the airport.

            I probably look like an idiot crying right in front of the check in desks in the terminal, but I can’t help it.

            As much as I'm looking forward to going to America, I'm sad and I'm scared to think that I have to leave my entire life in Korea behind and start all over again. 


Don't worry!

This isn't the end!