Chapter 34

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 34: Minhyuk’s POV

            “Is that samgyupsal?” I asked hopefully as I walked over to Yun-Ae, who was cooking over the portable grill we brought with us.

            “Yes,” She replied with a smile as she continued to grill the meat.

            “Ah,” I said as I opened my mouth, hoping that Yun-Ae would let me taste the samgyupsal before everyone else.

            I could hear her chuckling softly as she picked up a cooked piece of samgyupsal with her chopsticks and then gently blew cold air on it before feeding it to me.

            “How is it?” She asked.

            “Really good,” I smiled after swallowing. “Can I have another piece?” I asked as I put my chin on her shoulder.

            “Maybe later oppa,” Yun-Ae said as she continued to cook dinner.

            Once the meat was done cooking and all of the side dishes that manager hyung had bought from a nearby grocery store were put out and the fire was set up, we ate dinner by the water.

            “I’ll take that for you,” I said as I reached over to take Yun-Ae’s paper plate and disposable chopsticks.

            “No, that’s alright oppa. But thank you for the offer,” She declined sweetly as she stood up to throw go find the nearest trashcan before I could argue with her.

            “So hyung, when are you going to tell her?” P.O. asked once Yun-Ae was out of hearing range.

            “Later,” I replied.

            “When’s later?” Zico asked.

            Before I could respond Yun-Ae had returned from throwing out her trash.

            Truthfully, I had no idea how I was going to tell her. I know I want to tell her tonight, I just don’t know when. There never seems to be a good time to tell her.

            “I’m going to go take a walk,” Yun-Ae said.

            “Can I join you?” I asked.

            “Of course,” Yun-Ae nodded.

            Taking her small hand in mine, I laced my fingers through hers and we walked around on the sand.

            “Did you have fun today?” I asked as Yun-Ae and I walked along the shore.

            “Yes,” Yun-Ae said.

            Judging by the sound of her voice, I could tell she was smiling.

            “And thank you, for everything,” She added.

            “You’re welcome,” I murmured as I kissed her temple. “Are you excited for America?”

            “Yeah, I am,” Yun-Ae said. “It still kind of scares me that I'm leaving Korea though. It's going to be a new place, new culture, new language,"

            “Kyung’s English practice session from before didn’t help?” I joked.

            “Don’t tell him, alright?” Yun-Ae giggled.

            “I promise I won’t,” I smiled.

            “I’m going to miss you so much,” Yun-Ae sighed.

            “I’m going to miss you more. I think I might go crazy without you,” I replied as I wrapped my arms around her.            

            “I am going to go crazy without you,” She mumbled in my chest.

            Gently, I tilted her head up. I gently brushed a few pieces of her hair out of her face and slowly leaned in until our lips softly crashed together.            

            I felt her hands go around my neck and I placed my arms around her waist and hugged her body closer to mine.

            When we pulled apart, I leaned my forehead against hers.

            My heart began to pound as I felt her soft breath on my face and looking into her eyes made me want to melt at any second. She’s so beautiful. 

            “Yun-Ae,” I said, not breaking our eye contact as I tried to keep my voice strong but sweet. “I love you,”

            I grew more and more anxious as I held my breath, waiting for her response. I mean, I don’t want her to feel forced to feel the need to say it but…

            “I love you too Minhyuk oppa,” Yun-Ae said, smiling back at me.

            As I wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug, happiness and relief washed over me. We didn't say anything to each other. We just held onto each other, but that was all I needed and wanted.

            I’m just glad that she feels the same way.