Chapter 16

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 16: Yun-Ae’s POV

            “I think that was a pretty good run through,” U-Kwon said. “But Yun-Ae, when you do that front handspring towards Minhyuk hyung at the end of the routine…”

            “We know,” Minhyuk oppa and I said at the same time.

            Ever since our first meeting, it's always been tense between U-Kwon and me. The only time he talks to me is when he has to critique my dancing. And with the debut performance only two weeks away now, he's been talking to me a lot. 

            “Should we go through it again?” I suggested. “Is there something on my face?” I then asked nervously when the three of them gawked at me in response to my first question. 

            “Yun-Ae,” Ara unnie said quietly.

            “What is it?” I asked as I put my hand on my face in the place Ara unnie was pointing at.

            There was a warm liquid trailing down my upper lip and I could feel more of it coming out. 

            “Oh gosh,” I muttered to myself once I realized what was happening.   

            “Do we have any tissues?” Minhyuk oppa asked as he came to my side.

            “I’ll go check,” U-Kwon said as he dashed to the closest bathroom.

            I pinched the bridge of my nose and let my other hand hover underneath, hoping that nothing had gotten on the floor. If even a drop fell on the hard wood floor, it would stain it. And if the dance studio floor got stained, then U-Kwon would never forgive me.

            “Look for cotton too!” Ara unnie called after him.

            “I’m sorry,” I said quietly. 

            “Why are you apologizing?” Minhyuk oppa asked gently.

            “For holding up rehearsal,” I said.

            “You’re worried about rehearsal time? What about your health? Shouldn’t that be most important?” Minhyuk oppa asked. 

            “But the debut is in two weeks. We’re already short on time as it is. We could be rehearsing right now, but because of this…”

            “You’re stressing yourself out. That’s why this is happening. Just don’t worry, okay?” Minhyuk oppa said as he rubbed reassuring circles on my back.

            “I couldn’t find cotton, but here are some paper towels,” U-Kwon said as he handed them to me.

            “Thank you,” I said gratefully as I pressed the wad to my nose.

            “Are you sure that you don’t need to go to the hospital?” Ara unnie asked nervously. “It’s been fifteen minutes already and still your nose hasn’t stopped bleeding,”

            “I’ll be fine,” I replied as I continued to press the paper towels to my nose.

            “This should help,” Minhyuk oppa said as he walked back into the practice room with something in his hands.            

            “What is that?” Ara unnie asked.

            “Ice,” Minhyuk oppa replied as he walked over to me. “I’m warning you right now, it’s going to be cold,”

            “I think she knows that already hyung,” U-Kwon said.

            Rolling his eyes at U-Kwon's remark, Minhyuk oppa instructed me to sit down before taking a seat as well. 

            He put one arm around me and leaned in closer to put the ice pack, which was wrapped in his sweatshirt, on the bridge of my nose and stayed like that until the bleeding stopped.