Chapter 9

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 9: Yun-Ae’s POV

            “He will be with you in a moment,” The Mr. Cho’s secretary said as she closed the door to his office behind her.

            While I waited for Mr. Cho to come in, I decided to keep myself entertained by looking around his office. I passed by pictures of Verbal Jint, Miss $, and another group that I didn't recognize.

            There were also awards from music shows and award shows proudly on display, but I couldn't see who won them from where I was sitting. 

            “You must be Jang Yun-Ae,” I heard someone say out of nowhere.

            Standing up, I then turned around to see who it was. 

            It was none other than Cho PD, the rapper, in a suit, standing in the doorway. 

            “I’m Mr. Cho,” He said. "Producer of Block B,"

            He’s the producer of Block B? I didn't know he retired from rapping already. 

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” I said, bowing at a full ninety degrees before standing up straightly again.

            “Annyeonghaseyo. Please, have a seat,” Mr. Cho said as he gestured to the chairs. “I’ve called you here so that we could discuss your contract as well as a couple of other things,” Mr. Cho said as he sat down across from me, at his desk.

            He then got something out from one of the drawers in his desk and then slid it in front of me.  

            “You are from Seoul, correct?” He asked.

            “Yes,” I said, looking up from the legal brief he had just given me. 

            “Which part of Seoul do you live in?” Mr. Cho asked, handing me a fountain pen from his desk so that I could write my name and the date at the top of the contract.

            “Gireum,” I said quietly.

            Why is it so embarrassing to say that? At least you’re not living in the same neighborhood you grew up in.

            “That’s quite a distance to travel every day,” Mr. Cho said.

            "Really, the commute isn't that bad..." I began. 

            “You know, we could provide you with an apartment,” Mr. Cho offered. 

            To pay the monthly rent for an apartment in Kangnam is probably double the yearly rent I pay on the apartment I currently live in. There is no way I could possibly afford to live here, even for a short amount of time.  

            “I appreciate your generous offer Mr. Cho, but I am fine with commuting each day,” I declined politely.

            “Yun-Ae that’s ridiculous. You’re commuting nearly an hour on days with light traffic,” Mr. Cho argued.

            “Really, it’s not necessary,” I said. 

            “I don’t see why you can’t move here,” Mr. Cho continued. "If you're concerned about finances, we cover all of the expenses for you,"

            "That's very kind of you Mr. Cho but," I started to say. 

            "Yun-Ae, it'll be easier on all of us if you move to Kangnam," Mr. Cho said. "Trust me,"  

            “Thank you Mr. Cho,” I said, finally giving in after realizing that I couldn't win in an argument against him.  

            “Have you read over the entire contract?” Mr. Cho asked a while later.

            “Yes,” I nodded. 

            “And you don’t have any questions?” Mr. Cho asked.

            “No,” I said before I signed my name on the line.  

            “Great,” Mr. Cho smiled. “Welcome to the Block B family Yun-Ae,”

            “Thank you,” I said, bowing in my seat.