Chapter 6

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 6: Minhyuk’s POV

            The day after the auditions took place at the company, all of us were called in to review the tapes of the finalists’ free styling.

            According to Cho PD hyung, there were around two thousand girls that came to the audition and out of those two thousand, fifteen finalists were chosen.

            Teacher Kim instructed us to take notes on each girl’s performance and afterwards, each of us would select our favorite and we would all compare notes. However, the final decision was going to be made by Teacher Kim and Cho PD hyung. 

            It was no question that these girls were all very talented dancers. But they all danced so similarly that after the first five DVDs, all of their dances began to morph together. Nothing really stood out to me and nothing was really that memorable from any of their performances.    

            Are all of them going to be like this?

            “This next girl is Jang Yun-Ae. She is twenty-years-old and currently dances for RaNia,” Teacher Kim said, reading her biography.

            “Another RaNia backup dancer?” Taeil groaned.

            All of the girls so far have been backup dancers for many Korean idols and idol groups, but this next girl would be the fourth RaNia backup dancer we've watched all day. And they all gave off a similar vibe when they danced. It was in a very ual manner and while it was very appealing to some people in the room, it wasn't something I was looking for in a dance partner.  

            Ignoring our complaints, Teacher Kim pressed the play button on the remote control.

            I wasn’t really expecting much from her until the music started.

            When Mad by Ne-Yo began to play, all of us got quiet. It surprised me that she chose such a slow song to dance to.

            But nothing shocked me more when this girl began to dance. 

            I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. It amazed me that such a tiny girl could move with such strength and passion. Even without listening to the lyrics, I could tell what the song was about. Her fluid dance movements were telling me a story.

            Once she bowed and Teacher Kim pressed the pause button, I was kind of sad. I wasn't expecting her to end so soon.

            “Okay then. The next girl we’re going to see is Kwak Sora,” Teacher Kim said, beginning to read the next biography.

            I could really care less about how this next girl danced. I've already picked my favorite.