Chapter 29

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 29: Yun-Ae’s POV

            “Hi oppa,” I said.

            “Hey Yun-Ae,” Minhyuk oppa said, followed by one of his killer smiles. “You look…wow…”           

            “Thank you,” I said quietly as my face began to heat up. “It’s not too much is it?”

            “No, it’s…wow,” Minhyuk oppa replied.

            “Is wow a good thing or a bad thing?” I asked as I rubbed the back fo my neck nervously.

            “Good thing,” He reassured me. “Come on, let’s go in,” He said as he took my hand and took me inside.

            Inside, music was blasting and there were people were dancing and others who were standing at the side, gossiping and sipping drinks.

            “Yun-Ae?” Someone with a noticeable Thai accent asked.

            “Joy unnie,” I said in surprise.

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” Joy unnie said as she bowed to Minhyuk oppa.

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” He replied with a smile and a slight bow. “I’ll leave you two to talk. I’ll be on the dance floor if you need me,” He then said before walking off. 

            “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?” She pouted. "Do you have something against telling me things like this?"

            “Well, I didn’t know that you were coming,” I said sheepishly. "How do you know Block B?"

            “We were on a radio show with them,” Joy unnie shrugged off. "How's it been working with them?"

            "I like it a lot," I nodded. "They're all really nice and they're all so talented," 

            "I know," Joy unnie replied. “And I see that you’re close with B-Bomb,”

            “Minhyuk oppa,” I automatically corrected.

            “Did you two come here together?” She asked. “Aw look, you’re blushing!”

            “Unnie,” I groaned in embarrassment as I covered my face with my hands.

            “It’s cute,” She said with a teasing smile. “What are you doing just standing there? Shouldn’t you be out there dancing with Minhyuk oppa?” She snickered as she emphasized the "Minhyuk oppa" part.

            "Seriously unnie," I sighed. 

            "Okay, I'll stop," Joy said, rolling her eyes. "You're no fun," 

            Joy unnie and I then went out onto the dance floor to find Minhyuk oppa. We eventually found him standing in a group talking to a few people I didn’t know.

            “Hey,” Minhyuk oppa smiled once he finally spotted me. “This is Yun-Ae,” He said, introducing me to the group. 

            “Your girlfriend?” One of the girls standing near him asked.

            I wish. 

            “No,” Minhyuk oppa chuckled. “She’s my dance partner,”

            So I’m just a dance partner to him.

            “Really?” Another one of his friends, a guy, asked.

            “She’s amazing,” Minhyuk oppa said.

            “I know,” Another one said. “She’s all you talk about these days,”

            “Why don’t we go dance,” Minhyuk oppa suggested.

            For the next couple of songs, I danced with Minhyuk oppa. But soon, Joy unnie whisked me away to go dance with the rest of RaNia and I ended up spending most of the night with them, the other members of Block B, and some of the members of A Pink that Jaehyo oppa introduced me to. 

            “Having fun?” I heard someone ask from behind while I was at the refreshments table, getting something to drink.

            Turning around, I saw it was Minhyuk oppa standing there behind me.

            “I haven’t been able to talk to you that much tonight,” He said as he came next to me. "How's the party been?"

            "It's been a lot of fun," I smiled. 

            “You know, you looked really good out there earlier,” Minhyuk oppa complimented. 

            “Thank you,” I said, my heart melting at the sight of his smile.

            “Trust me, all that’s here is Tropicana Sparkling,” Minhyuk oppa then laughed.

            “So I’ve noticed,” I said as I put the fifteenth can of Tropicana Sparkling I had seen tonight, back down on the table.

            The strong dance beats that were just blasting immediately faded and transitioned into a softer, sweeter melody. Quickly, people began to pair off and go to their own places on the dance floor. This only meant one thing, slow dancing.

            "Come on," Minhyuk oppa said, jerking his head towards the dance floor as he extended a hand.

            "Okay," I nodded as I placed my small hand in his, letting him lead me to the dance floor.  

            I wrapped my arms around his neck and Minhyuk oppa’s hands made their way down to my waist. Slowly, we swayed from side to side to the soft beats of the music. 

            Suddenly, he pulled me in closer to him. 

            My heart began to beat faster and I even started to freak out a bit from his unexpected gesture.

            But after we were like this for a little longer, I began to feel safe in his arms and I even allowed myself to rest my head on his broad chest.  

            Minhyuk oppa put his hand under my chin and gently tilted it up. Once my eyes met with his, the both of us stopped moving. We stood there, looking into each other’s eyes. 

            Is it just me or are our faces getting closer to each other?

            All of a sudden, his lips seemed millimeters away from mine. I could even feel his steady and gentle breath on my face.

            I felt his lips softly crash against mine and a slight shock went throughout my entire body.

            "I'm not dreaming, am I?" I asked myself as I stood there stiffly, still shocked that his lips were against mine. 

            Once I got over the initial shock and realized that I this was actually happening, I started to relax. 

            Then softly, I kissed him back and I could feel his lips curving into a smile against mine in response.

            When we pulled apart, I looked back up at Minhyuk oppa. 

            I then shyly looked down at the ground, in an attempt to hide my flushed face. 

            “I like you Yun-Ae,” Minhyuk oppa said suddenly.

            He likes me. Me, the lowly backup dancer from Hwanghak-dong. He feels the same way that I do?

            “I like you too, Minhyuk oppa,” I replied with a shy smile.  

            “One more thing?” Minhyuk oppa asked as he wrapped his arms around me. “Will you be my girlfriend?” He whispered in my ear.

            “Yes,” I said, lacing my fingers with his again before leaning in for another kiss.