Chapter 10

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 10: Yun-Ae’s POV

            I checked the time on my hand phone. There were eight minutes until rehearsal officially started.

            For the past five minutes I had been standing outside the practice room. I was debating on whether or not I should enter yet because, I didn't want to seem overly zealous or annoying on the first day of rehearsal. But at the same time, I didn't want to seem like I didn't care enough about this and come in a minute before rehearsal was supposed to start. 

            I chekced the time on my phone again. There were now seven minutes until rehearsal started.

            I decided to just go ahead and knock until they noticed. If they didn't, then I could just walk in. 

            Raising my hand slowly to the door, I then began to knock. And after knocking on the door for a few seconds straight, the door finally opened. 

            Looking up to see who came to the door, I saw that it was a guy with light brown hair with a bit of a pinkish tint to it. 

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” He said as he bowed.

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” I replied as I bowed back.

            “Sorry if this comes off a bit rude, but who are you?" He asked. 

            "I'm the new dancer," I said. "Jang Yun-Ae," 

            “Oh," He smiled. "I'm your dance partner, B-Bomb. But that's not my real name. It's just a stage name. My real name is Minhyuk. You can call me that. Or if you really want to, you could call me B-Bomb," 

            "Alright," I nodded. 

            "Come on in," He said, stepping out of the way so I could walk through the door. 

            When I walked in, I spotted two more people.

            One was a guy with blonde hair and the other was a girl who came up to around his shoulder.

            “That’s U-Kwon, one of my band members and that's his dance partner Ara,” Minhyuk said as he pointed each of them out. “This is my new dance partner, Yun-Ae,”

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” I said as I bowed to each of them.

            “Are you ready?” U-Kwon asked as he walked to the corner of the room where a speaker and an iPod were set up.

            “You’re not even letting her warm up?” Minhyuk asked in disbelief as music began to play.

            “Try to keep up,” U-Kwon said over the strong dance beats to the song as he took his place next to Ara.

            As they danced, I mainly watched Minhyuk, to see the kind of dancer I would have to work with.

            I was actually pleasantly surprised with his dancing. His moves were charismatic, strong, and precise but his transitions were fluid. That's what made it look so effortless and relaxed. 

            I also took a look at how U-Kwon danced. I have to admit, when he dances, it's very powerful. But at certain parts he also looks a little tense, making it obvious that those spots were the most difficult for him.

            “Do you think you have some of it down?” U-Kwon asked the track ended.  

            “A little bit," I replied. "Like that part during the chorus,"  

            “Okay, show us what you got,” U-Kwon said in a way that almost made it sound like he was challenging me. 

            I tapped my foot to get a feel for the beat I was going to take before I began to think back to what Ara was doing during the chorus.

            While I was dancing for them, I made more mistakes than I would have liked to.

            But to be fair, it was awkward doing the routine by myself because this routine was clearly choreographed for couples. And the fact that U-Kwon was glaring at me the entire time didn't really help either.

            "And that's it," i said sheepishly once I was done.  

            “Pretty good for your first attempt,” U-Kwon said. “But at the part where your back is faced to the mirrors and your feet cross, your timing was off. Also, your turn has to be sharper,”

            "Okay," I nodded. 

            "Well, why are you just standing there? Aren't you going to do it again?" U-Kwon asked.

            "U-Kwon," Minhyuk said warningly.  

            And that's how the next couple of hours went by, observing, dancing, and then getting critiqued by U-Kwon. 

            “Yun-Ae-sshi, we’re going to get dinner right now,” Minhyuk said after he got off the phone with someone. “Do you want to come with us?”

            “I’m okay. Thank you though,” I said before turning back to the mirror to continue practicing one of the moves Ara had taught me before she left.