Chapter 8

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 8: Yun-Ae’s POV

            “Yun,” I heard an annoying voice say repeatedly.

            When I opened one of my eyes and saw that it was Yunji, I closed my eyes again and turned away from her.

            Last night was our final performance for Dr. Feel Good. To celebrate, the manager invited me to dinner with the girls. I ended up getting home at around two in the morning and all I wanted to do right now was sleep. 

            “Yunnie," Yunji said as she shook me. "I have something to tell you," 

            “What?” I groaned as I covered my face with my hands. 

            “You made it,” She said.

            “Made what?” I asked as I turned back to face her, hoping that if I faced her, she would give me an answer.

            “The Brand New Stardom audition. They chose you,” Yunji said with a huge smile on her face.

            “If you want me to get up and make you food, you don’t have to lie to me like this,” I said, pulling the blankets over my head.

            “I’m not lying,” Yunji said, ripping the covers off of me. “I got the call this morning while you were dead asleep. I’ll show you,”

            Yunji grabbed my hand phone from where it was charging on the phone and then pressed a few buttons before putting it to my ear.

            “What are you doing?” I asked her as I listened to the phone on the opposite end ring. 

            “Mr. Cho said to call him back when you woke up,” Yunji said.

            "Yunji!" I hissed. 

            “Yeoboseyo?” A woman asked before I got the chance to hang up the phone. 

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” I said as I bowed. “I was told to call Mr. Cho,”

            “Your name?” She asked.

            “Jang Yun-Ae,” I replied.

            “Please hold for a moment,” The woman then said.

            As I waited, I decided to get out of bed and remake it, that way if I wanted to go back to sleep, I could climb into a neatly made bed.

            “Yes, Ms. Jang?” The woman asked.

            “Yes?” I asked as I fluffed my pillows.

            “I will be connecting you to Mr. Cho’s telephone so please wait a moment,” She instructed.

            “Yeoboseyo?” A man’s voice asked shortly after the woman told me to wait.

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” I said, bowing once more.

            “Is this Yun-Ae?” He asked.

            “Yes,” I answered as I walked around the bedroom in circles.

            “Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Mr. Cho, the producer of Block B,” He said. “First of all, I want to say congratulations. You have been selected as the new dance partner for Block B’s B-Bomb,”

            “Thank you,” I said as I bowed again.

            “You’ve probably heard this from your sister already, but I just wanted to tell you to reassure you that she wasn’t joking,” Mr. Cho laughed.

            “Thank you Mr. Cho,” I said again.

            “When would be the best time to have you come to Brand New Stardom Entertainment? There are a few things that I would like to discuss with you," Mr. Cho said. 

            “Oh, any time is fine. When is the best time for you Mr. Cho?” I asked, remembering that I didn’t have to go to rehearsals with RaNia anymore.

            “How does five o’clock this afternoon sound?” Mr. Cho asked.

            “It sounds good. I will be there at five o’clock,” I said.

            “Okay then. I will see you then. And once again, congratulations,” Mr. Cho said.

            “Thank you,” I said, smiling as I bowed once more.

            “Goodbye,” He said before hanging up.

            “I told you I wasn’t lying Yunnie,” Yunji sang. “So, when am I going to meet Jaehyo?”

            “The job isn’t official yet Yunji. I have to go to the company to discuss some things with the producer of the group,” I explained as I dialed Joy unnie's number.