Chapter 30

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 30: Minhyuk’s POV

            “Why would they call her in out of nowhere?” I asked as I paced around the practice room. “You don’t think it could be about what happened at Kyung’s party, could it?”

            “I don’t know hyung. Would they even remember that?” U-Kwon replied.

            While we were in the middle of rehearsaing the dance routine for tomorrow’s performance, manager hyung suddenly came in and told Yun-Ae that Cho PD hyung wanted to talk to her.

            She’s been gone for thirty minutes already. How could I not worry about her?

            “What’s with him?” Zico asked as he entered the practice room as the other members followed.

            “He thinks that he got Yun-Ae in trouble,” U-Kwon said.

            “Why?” Zico asked. “Because you two kissed at Kyung’s party?”

            “You saw?” I asked nervously.

            “It was kind of hard not to see hyung,” P.O. said. “Didn’t you hear us cheering for you?”

            “You were cheering?” I gulped.

            No wonder Cho PD hyung wanted to talk to her. 

            “But stop worrying about your girl for a second hyung. That was like three weeks ago. I have something important to tell you,” Zico said.

            “What is it?” U-Kwon asked.

            “You know how we have our mini concert in a week right?” Zico asked. "The Match Up PD just told manager hyung that now, we're adding group and solo performances in. You two will be doing a dance routine, the three of us rappers will be doing a song together, the four of you in the vocal line will be doing a song together, and Taeil hyung and Jaehyo hyung will be doing solos," 

            Maybe she isn’t getting fired. U-Kwon and I are doing a dance routine for the mini concert. Maybe we’ll be doing something with Ara and Yun-Ae again.

            “Hey,” I said as Yun-Ae walked back into the practice room.

            The others had already gone to lunch but I stayed back in the practice room to wait for Yun-Ae.

            "Hi oppa," She sighed. 

            "Okay, what's bothering you?" I asked when she wouldn't look up from the floor. "Whatever it is, you can tell me," I said gently. 

            "I can't come to rehearsals anymore," She mumbled.

            "Unit group promotions haven't even ended yet. Why?" I began to ask. 

            "I'm not part of the company anymore," Yun-Ae finally admitted. 

            "What?" I asked in disbelief.  

            "I already signed the termination agreement," She said quietly. 

            So that's what she was doing this morning. 

            "Why?" I asked. 

            "I'm moving to the U.S. next month," Yun-Ae said. "Remember when I told you that I was offered a job as a backup dancer for Jason Derulo a few weeks ago?"

            "Yeah," I nodded. 

            "Well, they said they would contact me when everything was all sorted out. I just didn't know it would be so soon. I'm sorry," Yun-Ae said almost inaudibly. 

            "Don't apologize," I murmured as I wrapped my arms around her. 

            Although it kills me just thinking about us being apart, I can't keep you from an amazing opportunity like this. I don't want you to regret it later on in life so let's just try and enjoy what time we have left with each other before you leave.