Chapter 1

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 1: Minhyuk’s POV

            “I wonder what Cho PD hynug has to tell us,” U-Kwon thought out loud as he and I walked through the halls of the company building.            

            “I have no idea," I said as we approached the secretary's desk. "You don’t think it could be about Ji Eun, could it?” 

            “It can’t be her. They promised us that she would be the last replacement we would need,” U-Kwon pointed out.      

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” The secretary said as she got up out of her seat and bowed to us.           

            “Annyeonghaseyo,” U-Kwon and I said as we returned the bow.

            “What brings you two here?” She asked.

            “We have a meeting with Cho PD hyung,” U-Kwon explained.

            “Please wait for just a moment,” She said as she punched in a few numbers on the phone. “Mr. Cho, Minhyuk and U-Kwon are here. They say they have a meeting with you. Okay, I will send them in,” 

            “Do you by any chance know why Cho PD hyung would ask us to come?” I asked her once she hung up.

            “I’m sorry, I don’t know. I’m only a secretary, I just handle calls and let people in,” She said before there was a buzz coming from a red button on the phone. “You may go in now,”

            “Thank you,” I said with U-Kwon before walking in the direction of Cho PD hyung’s office.

            “Minhyuk, U-Kwon!” Cho PD hyung smiled when he opened the door.

            Both of us greeted him with a bow. 

            “Please, have a seat,” Cho PD hyung said, gesturing to the chairs in front of us. 

            “Teacher Kim, what are you doing here?” I asked in surprise, both of us greeting our dance teacher with a bow before taking a seat. 

            "We have to talk to you about something," Dance teacher Kim began. 

            “It’s about Ji Eun,” Cho PD hyung added.

            I knew it. 

            “What happened?” I asked, bracing myself for the worst.

            “While practicing with her dance crew in Anyang, she sprained her ankle,” Teacher Kim sighed. "The doctors said it was a really bad sprain and that she probably won't recover in time for the performance,"

            “So what are we going to do now?” U-Kwon asked after a few moments of silence.

            “There’s always the possibility of asking…” I began to say.

            “No. No way. We cannot get Subin,” U-Kwon protested. "Do you really want to deal with her "no shows" again? And she's such a brat," 

            "But she's a good dancer," I argued. 

            “We're not getting Subin,” Teacher Kim said, putting an end to our bickering. 

            “Then what are we going to do?” I asked.

            “We’re holding auditions for a new dancer,” Cho PD hyung said.

            A new dancer? What happened to all of the other backup dancers in the company?

            “Well this is great,” U-Kwon said sarcastically as we walked back to the practice room. “Promotions start in six weeks hyung. How are we supposed to get a new girl to learn and perfect the part so quickly? Remember trying to teach the routine to Ji Eun three weeks ago? What if that new girl is just like her? We're going to be spending the time we're supposed to be perfecting the routine, teaching her!”

            “How bad could it possibly be?” I asked, trying to be the more optimistic one, even though I wasn’t so thrilled about the situation we were in either.

            “Very,” U-Kwon replied before he the music.