Chapter 2

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 2: Yun-Ae’s POV

            “Yunnie,” Yunji said as she walked into the kitchen. “You're up early," 

            “Good morning to you too,” I said as I continued to munch on my cereal.

            “So, did you hear about the Brand New Stardom audition on Saturday?” Yunji asked as she took a seat across from me. "They're looking for a new dancer. Are you going?"

            "Probably not,” I replied before shoving another spoonful of Froot Loops in my mouth.

            "Aww, why not? Even I'm going," She said. 

            "Yunji, I can't," I sighed. 

            Although I wanted to go, there's no way I'd be able to go. Even though I knew I was going to lose my current job soon, I was still required to show up. 

            "You found another job?" Yunji exclaimed. "That's great Yun! You know, I was kind of getting worried you know, since Dr. Feel Good promotions are ending soon. Isn't their first goodbye stage tomorrow?"  

            "Yunji," I said, putting a stop to her rambling. "I don't have another job yet," 

            These days, dancing jobs have become harder to find. With all of these new idol groups debuting almost every week, the need for backup dancers has dropped. Seriously, these new groups are so large that if you tried to put backup dancers up there with them, there wouldn't be any room left for anyone to dance on stage. 

             And at this rate, if I don't find another job, I'm going to have to become a waitress. 

             "Well, then that gives you the perfect excuse to go to the audition!" Yunji said. 

             "Yeah. But Yunji, I can't just miss a performance," I argued.  

             "I know that," Yunji said. "But the audition is at three, you can make it, right?"

             "I don't know," I said as I ran a hand through my hair. "I think I'm still at the broadcasting station then,"

             "Well, then see what you can do about it. You have to at least try and get the job. And honestly, you probably deserve this job the most Yun," Yunji said. 

             "That's sweet," I smiled. 

             "Yeah, I know," Yunji said. "Oh, and if you end up getting the job, which you probably will since you're like an amazing dancer, can you introduce me to Jaehyo?" 

              "I knew that you being nice to me was too good to be true," I said, rolling my eyes. 

              But Yunji has a point. If I'm going to at least try and get another job before my contract ends with them, I'm going to have to at least show up to the audition.