Chapter 12

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 12: Yun-Ae’s POV

            When I entered the practice room, nobody was there. There were another twenty minutes until practice started, but I came early to get some time to stretch and warm up, since U-Kwon never gave me any.

            While I was stretching, my eyes drifted to the other side of the room where the piano was. It’s been there since I first came.

            Since no one else was in the room, I got up from the saddle stretch I was in and walked over to the piano.

            Slowly, I lifted up the wooden cover and revealed the ivory keys. I slid my fingers across the smooth surface and sighed. No matter how many times I begged for piano lessons, my mother always gave me the same response, no. My parents could never a piano itself, nevermind lessons for however many years.

            “I didn’t know you played piano,” Someone said from behind.

            I froze where I was and slowly turned around to find Minhyuk oppa in the doorway.  

            It always seems like he's walking in on me when I'm alone.

            “I don’t,” I sighed as he walked over. “I wish I could,”  

            “Come here,” Minhyuk oppa said, patting the seat next to him on the bench.

            “What are you doing?” I asked nervously as he placed my hands on top of his.

            I could feel my face heat up and my heart beating faster. Why am I like this all of a sudden?

            “You’re going to play piano,” He replied with a smile. “What do you want to play?”

            “Anything is fine,” I said.

            “Okay. Now close your eyes,” Minhyuk oppa instructed.

            After I did what he had told me to slow and sweet music began to fill my ears as I felt my fingers move up and down. For a moment, it almost felt like I was playing.

            Minhyuk oppa was just as talented at playing the piano as he was at dancing. He poured his heart into each note and played with great care.

            When he finished, I took my hands off of his and our eyes met. And when I realized how close our faces were, my cheeks started to heat up.  

            He then sent me a smile which caused my heartbeat to speed up uncontrollably once more. 

            He has a nice smile. How come I never noticed that until now?