Chapter 36

Third Time Is The Charm

Chapter 36: Yun-Ae’s POV

Two Years Later

*Yun-Ae’s American name is Michelle and when the dialogue is blue, it means they are speaking English*

            The other backup dancers and I were sitting around the dance studio taking a break from the dancing and the filming of Jason’s MTV documentary.

            While the others were in their own small groups talking and laughing with each other, I sat in one of the corners in the room.

            “Ije, nalgaereul pyeol ttae ppittureojyeobwa oneulmankeumman ssahingeoteul da teoreonae teoreonae,” My phone began to sing.

            The caller ID flashed “My Number One Dancing Oppa Lee Minhyuk” so I happily pressed the accept call button and waited to hear his voice.

            “Hi oppa,” I said.

            “Hey baby,” He said with an obvious smile shining through his voice. “How are you?”

            “I’m alright,” I said. “And you?”

            “Sore,” Minhyuk oppa groaned.

            Minhyuk oppa had been serving in the army for the past year and a half. He said that he wanted to do it so he could do it when he was still young and energetic instead of waiting to fulfill the requirement when he was twenty-nine, or as he liked to put it, an “old man."

            But when I talked to Taeil oppa when he first entered basic training, he said that Minhyuk oppa chose to do it so that it wouldn't feel like he would have to go as long without me. 

            It was actually the company that suggested him to do this because according to Taeil oppa, for the first couple of months we were apart, Minhyuk oppa was a mess. He was depressed and always had trouble focusing. He didn't sleep or eat much either. 

            “But you only have two months left,” I reminded him. "Unlike me, who still has another year left," 

            “True,” He sighed. “I miss you so much,”

            “I miss you too,” I said, longing to see him and hold him in my arms.  

            “And here is our newest backup dancer Michelle,” Jason oppa said as he walked over with the camera behind him.            

            “One second oppa,” I said to Minhyuk oppa as I put my phone down on my shoulder.

            “Say hi,” Jason oppa said with a smile.   

            “Hi,” I said with a small smile as I waved to the camera.

            “So where are you from Michelle?” Jason oppa asked, running through the basic questions that he asked to every backup dancer in every documentary he films. 

            “Korea,” I answered quietly.

            “And how long have you been here for?” Jason oppa asked.

            “Two years,” I said as I held up two fingers.

            “Do you want me to call you back or something?” Minhyuk oppa asked once Jason oppa left to go talk to someone else. “You sound busy,”

            “No,” I said. “Jason oppa’s just filming an MTV documentary, that’s all. Please, stay on the phone a little longer?”

            “I was hoping you would ask me that,” He said.

            I could just picture him grinning right now. 

            “Who are you talking to Michelle?” Tiffany, one of the other dancers in the room asked.

            “What is she saying Janet? Aren’t you Korean? Translate for us,” Amanda asked as she began to imitate me speaking Korean.

            “She’s talking to some guy who’s older than her,” Janet said as she rolled her eyes.

            Although Janet didn’t understand much Korean and couldn't speak Korean to save her life, she knew the basics like oppa and I miss you.

            “Is he your boyfriend?” Tiffany asked slowly, as if I didn't understand any English.

            And this is why I don't talk to them. They always tease me about my accent and how a lot of the time, I speak in Korean. 

            Janet and other the backup dancers who were guys were okay though. They were nice to me, but they never willingly talked to me either.

            “Are you okay?” Minhyuk oppa asked in concern when I didn’t say anything for a while.

            “Yeah, I’m fine,” I sighed. “I just miss you, that's all,”

            “I miss you too baby,” Minhyuk oppa said.

            “Okay guys! Time to get back to work!” Jason oppa yelled as he clapped his hands together.

            “I have to go,” I said sadly.

            “Already?” Minhyuk oppa whined. “Alright. I love you,”

            “I love you too,” I said before we hung up.

            "I can’t wait until I’m back in Korea," I thought to myself as I got up to begin practice again.


And that's it! I hope you enjoyed the story. 

But things aren't over for Yun-Ae and Minhyuk...yet. I have a sequel coming soon so be on the lookout for that!

Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing to Third Time Is the Charm! I love you guys!