What Do You Think?

Two Idiots and a Loser

"Well would you look at that." I coughed as a cloud of dust emerged. "Nothing has changed." 
Soonyoung laughed and glanced over at me. "We do this every year, Yeonhee. What do you expect? The desks to be covered in glitter?" 
I rolled my eyes and made my way over to the windows. "Your sass though." I shook my head. He shrugged with a grin. "That's why you love me though."
Glaring at him, I pushed open the windows. "You idiot, I don't love you. I freaking hate you, okay?"
Soonyoung clutched his chest with a frown. "How dare you." he scoffed jokingly. I smiled before turning toward the two desks Soonyoung placed in the middle of the room. 
"Well, after all these years, it's only natural for me to feel some resentment towards you, right?" 
He narrowed his eyes. "Uh, no. It's only natural that'd you eventually like me." he planted both hands on his hips. "Be honest, Yeonhee. There has to be at least one time when you thought of me as a guy." 
Once?
Oh no. There were definitely plenty of times. Maybe even multiple times a day. 
My mind flashed to the occurance of yesterday at the dance practice room.
But I couldn't say that he was telling the truth. 
What would he think of me? Wouldn't it be awkward? Weird?
I laughed loudly and shook my head. "No, Soonyoung. How would that be possible?" I smiled before talking the notes from his hands and placing them on the desk. 
A pang of guilt hit me as the lie fell from my mouth. But I cared too much about the friendship I had with him to ruin it over such a simple thing. 
Soonyoung was a special case in my life. He was that one person who stayed with me through thick and thin, the one person who never changed. He was a comfort that I knew I could never replace.
And I was determined to not lose him over my stupid adolescent feelings.
Soonyoung looked at me with a slight look of...disapproval, was it? before sighing and taking a seat next to me. 
"Alright, Yeonhee. Whatever you say." He gathered his notes before opening up his textbook and flipping through the pages. I leaned towards him slightly and stared.
He stopped flipping the pages before turning to face me. "Yes?"
"Okay, it's only fair for me to ask this. Have you ever seen me as a girl?"
Soonyoung's face went blank and he blinked a couple times.
What is this? Is he actually going to say he has?
"You're hilarious Yeonhee. Hurry up and open your book." he ruffled my hair before tapping on my book. I felt disappointment fill my mind. Immediately, I shook the thoughts out of my head.
 Well, of course he'd say that.
I opened my book and flipped through the papers, leaning to see the page number Soonyoung opened to. I glanced at the top of the page and groaned. 
"You've got to be kidding me."
"It's an apparent classic, Yeonhee." 
Romeo & Juliet. 
"Tell me what's so great about two youngsters falling in love and then killing themselves for love?" I demanded. Soonyoung chuckled before pointing to the picture provided by the book. 
"Look, they loved each other so much that they were willing to sacrificing themselves for each other." He looked over at me with a slight smile. I raised an eyebrow. "It was a span of 3/4 days, Soonyoung. What's romantic about 3/4 days?"
Soonyoung imitated my expression. "A lot, Yeonhee. More than you'll know."
I patted his back. "Well then, I hope you find love at our school retreat, Mr. Romanticist." I nodded. "I sincerely wish you the best."
He smiled forcefully before flicking my forehead. "Why thanks, Yeonhee. I appreciate your concern." 
I laughed before headlocking him. "You're welcome."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Woozi POV: I stared out the window and hummed softly, plucking the strings of my guitar before scribbling down more notes. Although, I had initially decide to study, Soonyoung's statement yesterday reminded me that it was not normal for me study. So, of course, I disregarded the fact it was self study time and decided to head where I was now.
My haven.
The only place that gave me comfort, and the only place that made me feel at peace. I smiled slightly, as I thought about earlier this morning. "Flirting, huh?"
I sighed before shaking my head and glancing over my composition. I hoped that the group would be open to playing some of my songs. 
And more importantly, I hoped that I would be able to convince Yeonhee join the music club.
I straightened up before tilting my head. 
But why do you care about Yeonhee, Jihoon? I asked myself.
It must be because she's your desk partner.
I honestly was terrible with girls, yet there was something about Yeonhee..and I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. Before this year, she was just a girl that my best friend knew for a long time. 
Now I was curious as to who she would become to me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
a.n.:
choppy and lame, I'm sorry ^^;; I've been getting writers block TT TT
if you guys have any suggestions or ideas, please leave them below! Thank you as usually subbers <3
keep supporting seventeen and TIOL 
mwah~