Breakfast at Jihoonie's

Two Idiots and a Loser

Woozi POV:
I ran my fingers through my hair as I sat up again. It wasn't normal for me to be like this.
Losing sleep, that is...especially over the thought of a girl. 
I wasn't exactly sure what it was about Yeonhee. Though we became close over the span of a mere week, I felt as though there was something deeper. 
I wanted to prevent myself from such feelings...since I was 99.9% sure that my best friend liked her and the addition of my feelings would create a messy, cliche love triangle. And the last thing I would ever want is to hurt someone who means so much to me. 
Ruffling my hair again, I stared at Soonyoung, who was still fast asleep and unmoving.
It was the first Saturday since school started and I had no plans. Although this was nothing new, there was something very empty about it. Glancing at the time, I sighed. 7:23 AM. On a Saturday.
Shaking my head, I climbed out of bed and gave Soonyoung a rough pat. "Hey, I'm going out, okay?" I told him. My roommate responded with a grunt before rolling over. I chuckled softly and pulled on a cap and my shoes. 
Because a lot of students who lived near the campus went home on the weekends, the campus was eerily quiet. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the bright morning. I closed my eyes, inhaling deeply as I opened my eyes and stared at the sky. The sun was just beginning to peak out from the buildings, creating a masterpiece of colors and beauty.
"What're you thinking so deeply about?" I heard someone say next to me. Jumping slightly, I let out a yelp and whipped my head to the side. 
"Of course you would scare me." I grumbled once I identified the person. Yeonhee let out a snort, rolling her eyes as she tilted her head back and closed her own eyes. 
"So are you not going to answer my question?"
I glanced at her, and let out a soft hum of confusion. Opening one eye, she looked at me. "What are you thinking so deeply about? Especially on a Saturday morning?"
A million thoughts ran through my head. 'You can't say that you're thinking about her, that'd be idiotic....make up an excuse, make up an excuse!' my brain screamed at me.
"I...uh..food. Yeah." I stammered.
'Food? Really Lee Jihoon, that's the best you could think of?' I mentally face-palmed myself.
Unaware of my utter failure, Yeonhee's eyes lit up. "Dude, I love thinking about food too! Speaking of which," she checked her phone. "Have you eaten breakfast yet?" 
I shifted my weight onto my left leg. "No, not yet...I actually just got up like 2 minutes ago." 
Yeonhee widened her eyes. "Really?" she tapped her lips. "Hmm...well, eating right when you wake up isn't really a good thing..." she mumbled. Furrowing my eyebrows, I stared at her. It was as if I could see the gears in her mind turning.
"OOH." Yeonhee exclaimed, smacking her hand on my shoulder. I winced. "Gah."
"Oh, sorry." she apologized before smiling. "How about I cook breakfast for you?" she proposed.
I raised an eyebrow. "And how exactly do you do that?"
She stifled a laugh. "You're a junior? Tsk tsk Lee Jihoon." she shook her head. I frowned. 
"You've never been to the class kitchens?" she asked. I widened my eyes, in true disbelief. What the heck?
"We have such things?"
Yeonhee scoffed. "Yes, the exist in the basements of each dorm building, idiot." 
I sniffed. "Well excuse me, not everyone goes and cooks. Loser." 
Yeonhee shook her head. "You're so lost." she sighed before clapping her hands. "Well! There's a first for everything, so I guess making food will be one for you?"
I blinked. "Wait, who said I was making food?"
She ignored me. "I guess a good choice is to just make a typical American breakfast? Since that seems easier..oh! I saw this recipe thing on an American Youtube Channel...maybe we should do that!" she began to ramble on by herself. I stared at her blankly. 
"So...what am I doing?" 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I can't believe you're actually making me do this." I grumbled as Yeonhee handed me a carton of eggs. She laughed. 
"Dude, just enjoy this time as it is. I promise you, it'll be fun. Of course, everything done with me is fun so.." She joked as I pulled the cart along.
"Sure Yeonhee, SURE." I shook my head. 
 "Flour..." She mumbled. Eyeing the shelf, her gaze suddenly stopped, landing on a person in the aisle next to us. Yeonhee immediately froze. "OH shoot." she whispered softly, frantically cowering backwards behind me. I narrowed my eyes. 
"What the heck, Yeonhee?" I questioned her actions. She bit her lip and looked at me, putting her finger to her lips.
The person passed on, not noticing us at all. 
"He's gone." I informed. Yeonhee visibly relaxed before shaking her head. "That was close." 
I raised an eyebrow. "Do you..want to tell me about what just happened, or..."
Yeonhee scratched her chin. "Uh, that was my crush for the longest time." 
I laughed loudly before peeking back out of our aisle. "Ooh, I didn't get a good look at him."
"Oh, stop." She pulled me away and sighed, pushing her hair out of her face. "His name is Boo Seungkwan, and I had a crush on him from like 3rd grade to 8th grade year." She sighed and rolled her eyes. "It was so silly..."
"Wait, Boo Seungkwan?" I asked in disblief. Yeonhee nodded. "Uh, yeah. That's what I just said."
I snorted. "What in the world do you see in that kid..." 
She scoffed. "Excuse me, but do you even know who he is?" she demanded, planting her hands on either side of her hips.

I continued to laugh. Boo Seungkwan..the most happy-go-lucky, silliest guy I've ever known. I actually knew him quite well.
tumblr_inline_nqonr2mWGv1ttz4r4_500.gif
After all, he was the Vice President of Music Club
But what Yeonhee didn't know wouldn't hurt her.
"Nah, I've heard of him." I hid a smile before grabbing the flour off the shelf. "Now let's hurry up, my stomach is getting louder."
Yeonhee eyed me suspiciously before tossing in a stick of butter. "Okay, whatever you say."
After paying, we began to make our way to the Junior dorms.
"Dude, you realize that we used all my money for YOUR breakfast?" I nudged Yeonhee. She stuck out her tongue. "Don't worry, I'll pay you ba--oh?" Yeonhee paused, squinting before waving rapidly. "Look, it's Miso!"
I turned and sure enough, the smiling Miso was waving back. She jogged up to us. "Hey! What're you guys up to?" she eyed the bags in our hands.
"Breakfast making, you know." Yeonhee responded casually. Miso's eyes lit up. "Wow, that sounds so lovely!"
"Do you want to join us?" I offered. Miso looked at me blankly for a few seconds.
"Uh..maybe not today. I have to meet with the administrations." Miso cleared before waving and smiling again. "But maybe next time!"
Yeonhee seemed unfazed, and nodded, giving her a quick high five. "Let's hangout later?" she called out. 
"Mhmm! Definitely!" Miso gave Yeonhee an 'okay' sign before turning to me. "Bye Jihoon sunbae." 
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Uh..bye." 
With that, Miso hurried away.
"Well that was...weird." I grumbled. Yeonhee tilted her head. "What was?"
I shrugged. "I don't know, it seemed like she didn't like talking to me." I commented. She raised an eyebrow before letting out a small laugh. 
"Who, Miso? Nah, she's definitely not the type to do that." Yeonhee nodded. I sighed. "Okay, maybe I'm just overthinking."
"Probably." Yeonhee laughed as we pushed through the dorm doors. As expected, no one was out in the common area, except the person working at the greeting desk. We received the key to the kitchen and made our way down to the basement.
"How good are you at cooking?" I asked cautiously as we the lights. Yeonhee tilted her head back and forth. 
"Eh, it's..."
"Well that's comforting." I mumbled.
"What was that?" she asked. I smiled and shook my head. "Nothing at all. Here, let me see this recipe."
Yeonhee handed me her phone. "Super easy right?" 
I stared at it and nodded. "Yeah, seems doable." I raised an eyebrow as I watched her scan the ingredients and let out a soft sigh, a wrinkle of concern appearing on her forehead. I chuckled softly.
"You're not good at cooking, are you."
She laughed sheepishly. "Uh...I guess you could say that." Yeonhee grimaced. "So, brace yourself for some gross tasting pancakes."
I made a face before rolling up my sleeves. "Nah, I won't let that happen."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yeonhee POV:
"Wow partner, I have to say.." I smiled and wiped my mouth a napkin. "I'm thoroughly impressed at your skill."
Jihoon shook his head. "Literally, you're just adding, mixing and frying. What's so hard about that?"
I opened my mouth, about tell him about the time I almost burnt the dorm down last year. But then decided it was better not to.
"Fair enough. I guess I'll just have to learn. How are you so good, anyways."
Jihoon shrugged. "I mean, I never said I haven't cooked before. You just implied. Since I'm an only child, I helped my mom around the house a lot. Of course, cooking came along with that."
I nodded. "Wow, that's really awesome."
He laughed. "Nah."
We sat in silence, just staring at the plates that sat in front of us.
"We have so much left over." he sighed. 
"Yeah, what happened to that monstrous stomach you claimed to have?" I retorted. Jihoon laughed awkwardly. 
"Must've gone away."
I hummed as I stared at the stacks. "Oh, I know who we can give it to." I laughed. Jihoon smiled and nodded. "Of course."
"Soonyoung."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
a.n:
GAH~ hello loves! <3
It's been a while and I'm so sorry that school ><
But I was pleasantly surprised by all the subs, upvotes and comments you guys left for me
Shoutout to all of you! Thank you so much for all the love
and please continue to support the SEVENTEEN boys and TIOL~
I'll try updating soon, and longer! but until then, stay healthy!
with much love