Here in Your Arms

Two Idiots and a Loser

Soonyoung POV:

"Soon~young."
I groaned, rolling over.
"Soon~young." I heard the soft voice again, but continued to disregard it.
"SOONYOUNG!" the whisper turned into a loud yell, as I was greeted with the hard yet soft hit of a pillow in the stomach.
"Aish, okay okay! I'm up!" I hoarsely responded, sitting up. When I opened my eyes, I saw the blinking of eyes of none other than...
"Yeonhee?!" I widened my eyes before whispering. "What are you doing here? Do you know how much trouble you, and I, will be in if anyone catches us?"
My crush stuck out her lower lip slightly before frowning. "I came to feed you, ungrateful punk." she picked up the pillow she hit me with and hit me again. I pulled my hands up to protect myself from her repetitive attempts. "DID YOU NOT HEAR ME? We are so dead if--" I began to say when the door handle started to shake.
"Shoot." we said simultaneously. I pulled Yeonhee down towards the bed and threw the blanket over us. "What the heck?" she hissed between her teeth.
"Of all the places I could hide, you chose here?" 
I ignored the lasers that came out of her eyes and instead put my finger on her lips. "Shut up for a sec." I whispered while pulling her closer, praying that we looked like one person. I held my breath as we heard the door click open.
"Soonyoung?"
Jihoon's voice never sounded more beautiful.
"Yeah?" I responded, pulling down the covers to my chin, so my head was the only thing visible.
"Uh, did you hear anything from Yeonhee?" he asked, rubbing his nape as he did so. I looked at the lump that was Yeonhee right by my chest. As if on cue, Yeonhee gasped as she emerged from the covers. 
"GAHD. Way to suffocate me, you idiot." she shook her head before climbing out of my bed. I narrowed my eyes and tossed her the stuffed panda she gave me for my birthday. "That's what you get for sneaking into the guy dorms."
Yeonhee stepped forward and opened to speak when Jihoon patted her head, silencing her, causing me to tense up ever-so-slightly.
Jihoon chuckled softly. "We're trying to give you breakfast dude, come on."
Shaking off the tenseness, I sighed. "Alright, alright. If Jihoon says so." I joked as I began to get up. My roommate grinned. 
"Yeonhee, do you want to go down first?" he suggested. She nodded in agreement before throwing the stuffed panda back at me. 
"Sounds good." She tossed over her shoulder as she headed to the door.
Once she was out, I grabbed clothes to change into. "So, what's up with you lately?" I asked Jihoon, lowkey hinting at what was happening between the two. He raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"
I paused, hoping to choose my words carefully. "You're not the type to wake up earlier than me," I laughed. "Especially on the weekend."
Jihoon cleared his throat and tilted his head. "I'm honestly not sure. Maybe homesickness?"
I mentally face-palmed myself. Why was I even bothering with such a small thing? He was my best friend, like my brother. So, did I even need to worry about this at all?
I smiled and squished his cheeks. "Oh really?" 
He snorted and pulled away slightly. "Stop it." 

I grinned as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "Alright, I'm sorry dude. Let's go see how this food turned out." I cheered as we walked out of our room and down the hall. Jihoon chortled.
"Yeonhee poisoned it."
"Of course she did."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Yeonhee POV:
I exhaled slowly, pressing my hand to my chest and leaning back into the table. It was uncontrollably jumping.
"Ah, what the heck is wrong with you. Stupid." I scolded myself as I pressed my other hand to my burning face. There was something about it....lying there, next to him. My head to his chest.
I could hear it. His heartbeat.
It was jumping, just like mine was.
But why? I understood my feelings, and I already established what to do with it, at least I thought I did, when I talked to Mingyu last night. However, I still felt lost. Why was his heartbeat unsteady? Why did it skip the way mine did? I shook my head out of the brief memory of that moment as Jihoon and Soonyoung entered the room. 
Jihoon stopped midsentence as he looked at me. Squinting slightly, he leaned closer. "Hey, are you okay? Your face is kinda pink..." he began to reach for my forehead when Soonyoung suddenly grabbed his wrist. A look of surprise flashed across both our faces, and briefly over Soonyoung's face as well, as if his body moved without him knowing.
"I--uh..." Soonyoung stuttered as he put Jihoon's hand down and touched both of our foreheads. "Both of you actually look a bit warm." he quickly said. I glanced at Jihoon's confused face, which was as white as ever before giving Soonyoung a "what-are-you-saying" look. He glanced down at me, pulling his hands away. "Looks like you guys are fine."
Jihoon scrunched his eyebrows together before laughing slightly. "Oh, okay Soonyoung. I didn't know that you were a doctor." he joked as he reached for the plate of food. Soonyoung glanced at me again and mumbled softly. "Yeah, neither did I."
I made a face at him and shook my head. "Weirdo." I grumbled before sitting across from him.
He stuck his tongue and began to eat.
"Not as weird as you." he shot back. Before I could say anything in response, Jihoon grabbed our shoulders. "Okay, okay. No fighting at the table." he sighed. "You guys seem to do plenty of that as it is."
For a moment, I relaxed. 'See, he doesn't like me. He just treats me like a friend. And I should do the same.' I convinced myself.
But a moment after, a pang of sadness hit me. "He doesn't like me."
"What was that?" 
I widened my eyes and looked up at Soonyoung and Jihoon who stared at me. 
"Did you say something? Something about someone not liking...you?" Jihoon asked slowly. 
I looked from Soonyoung to Jihoon then back, mortified.
Did I say that out loud? Shoot.
"Uh, so...I think I'm going to go back to my dorm. I promised Dahye unnie that I would talk to her." I lied, picking myself up to avoid further questioning. Soonyoung tilted his head as he tried to chew with his cheeks filled with food. I pushed his forehead. "No." I said succinctly before turning and quickly walking towards the stairs. As I walked away, the same uneasiness and unsteadiness filled my chest.
Once I got into the stairwell, I plopped down onto the stairs and rubbed my face with my hands. "What am I doing with my life?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
a.n:
Hello lovelies!
I KNOW IT'S BEEN 5EVAR. you guys can yell at me, I deserve it.
It's been really rough, trying to balance everything but this semester should
be a little easier on me,so I'm thinking you guys can look forward to more updates!
BUT let me take a sec to tell you all how amazed and thankful
I was to see the increase in subscribers and 
upvoters!
It warmed my heart and I felt like I could fly teehee :D.
I truly thank each and every one of you for that <3 

storywise, I honestly am breaking inside because I don't even know who to 
choose for Yeonhee! (halp ;__;) but we'll see how the story goes. kek ^^
Please continue to show love for TIOL and the Seventeen boys! 
Thank you all again, you guys rock my socks off (or should I say, rock my head :D)
Oh, and Happy New Year!
have a blessed one ^^