Misunderstandings

Two Idiots and a Loser

Yeonhee POV: 
I was truly amazed. I had surprisingly avoided both guys for the whole weekend. 
Maybe telling Dahye unnie, who then decided to help me with my sad issue, while trapping myself in the dorm and library, helped.
It was a rather odd feeling; I have to admit it was nice, but it gave me so much more time to worry and think about Soonyoung. I mean, what if he got mauled by a bear?
(In the middle of Seoul, so logical Yeonhee.) 
However, the weekend passed like nothing happened. I stayed inside with Dahye unnie and Miso, while we pigged out on snacks and talked about guys, like a bunch of typical girls. Which was honestly a bit foreign to me, but I enjoyed the time regardless.
One thing, though, caught me off guard. 
When Dahye unnie asked Miso if she liked anyone, I expected things to get extremely complicated.
It was at that moment when I remembered that Miso liked Soonyoung. And my heart sank slightly at the realization.
However, Miso laughed at the question and shook her head. "Nah, I don't have anyone I'm interested in."
I widened my eyes and looked at her. She gave me a slight smile. I don't know what it was about that, but when she gave me that look, I could tell that she knew. It shouldn't have taken me by surprise either. Miso was my best friend, after all. 
Before she left, I confronted her about it.
"Yeonhee, I care a lot about you and about Soonyoung oppa. And the way I see it...he and I just weren't meant to be." she shrugged. "Actually I was.." she paused before shaking her head.
"What?" I asked. Miso laughed. "No it's nothing. I'll tell you when you're older." she joked. I glared at her. "Oh please, Miso."
She gave me a hug. "Things will work out, regardless Yeonhee. I know it." she said before giving me another smile and leaving. Though I was confused as heck...
I knew she would only leave it at that.  It was an uneventful..yet eventful weekend.  
But, it can't always be flowers and sparkles everywhere. 
I sighed as I returned to reality.
For once, I was at school early, but only because I had cleaning duty. I slowly walked towards the office to retrieve chalk and markers for the class. I stopped walking for a moment, sighing once more in contemplation. What was I supposed to do now? Approach Soonyoung? Ignore him? Talk to Jihoon? Or ignore him too?
"What are you thinking about so deeply?"
I turned around as a hand landed on my head gently. Jihoon tilted his head and stared at me. 
I blinked several times. "N-nothing." I stammered. He laughed. "You really at lying."
I frowned in response. "No." I my heel and started to walk again. With a chuckle, Jihoon followed. 
"Just tell me what's on your mind." 
Ignoring him, I turned back around to face him. "Why are you following me?"
"Yeonhee, we're desk partners. We're supposed to do cleaning duty together." 
Oh. Right. 
I cleared my throat. "Well, you should've been here earlier!" 
He raised an eyebrow. "Mm. Sorry about that."
We stood in silence for a couple seconds before Jihoon chuckled. "Loser." he ruffled my hair as he opened the door of the office. 
I sighed and followed him in. "Wow, talk about awkward." I grumbled. I greeted all the teachers before taking the chalk tray and our homeroom teacher's materials.
Jihoon, who suddenly appeared again, took the books from my arms. "Let's go slow poke."
"Um, I can carry those myself. " I demanded. My desk partner ignored me and instead, opened the door and gestured for me to leave. I gave him a glare before complying. 
"So where have you been these past couple days, I feel like I haven't seen you. You haven't bothered Soonyoung either." he asked. I scoffed. "Actually, Soonyoung is the one who bothers me, not the other way around."
"Okay, whatever you say." I heard him mumble under his breath. I rolled my eyes and entered our classroom. 
The room was filled with silence; Jihoon arranged the teacher's materials onto the podium before proceeding to put down all the chairs. I set down the chalk and markers below the board and eyed him curiously. He caught my eye a few times and gave me this look that made me want to just...
bbe567f72bfc7ec1e0673a1aa9faaa83.gif
I had a very very very strong urge to punch him. 
Cuteness? Yeah, not allowed. It's not fair.
Turning away from him, I grabbed the spray bottle to water the plants lined up on the window sill.  The sound of my spraying seemed to echo in the room, and the noise of Jihoon putting down the chairs suddenly stopped. I frowned, turning again. 
"Ack!" I yelped as I instinctively sprayed water..
Right into Jihoon's face. He coughed as he reached up to his face.
 "Oh gosh..I'm so sorry!" I cried as I put down the spray bottle and fumbled around to grab my hankerchief from my pocket. "I'm so terrible. I'm sorry." I sulked as I patted the water from his face.  He laughed. "Nah, you're fine. I scared you." 
I stopped mid-pat. "Yeah, you did. So it's your fault." I half-joked. Jihoon shook his head.
"But in all honestly, you don't seem okay. The silence isn't you typically." he raised his eyebrows. "What's up. I want to know. That's why I  came over to you."
I tilted my head. He...he cared?
"I..I'm just tired." I lied, mentally grimacing because the lie was so obvious. He gave me a skeptical look but nodded. "If..you say so." he rubbed his nape before his lips. 
"Hey, do you think you could help me with something?"
I blinked. "Sure..?" I answered hesitantly. He grinned. "Great. Let's finish up, I need to take you somewhere."
Take me somewhere?
"O-okay." 
He gave me a thumbs up before hurriedly putting down the rest of the chairs. I followed fashion, spraying the plants quicker than before.
Once we finished, he picked up a folder from his bag and grabbed my wrist. "Let's go shortie."
Now, I would've complained about this remark, but I was focused on his hand. What was this gesture?
He pulled me along rapidly, almost excitedly, until we reached the music room. He looked at me for a moment. "Can you read music?"
Slightly taken aback, I responded with a combination of yes, no and maybe. 
"Awesome. Here you go!" He handed me a couple sheets of paper before laying a couple out on the piano stand. 
"Let's do this."
He started playing a piano instrumental. I stared at him blankly until he raised his chin slightly to cue me.
"Q-question and answer, pretending you didn't hear again, though you act as if you don't know, I know you already know that I I I I want you baby you know I I I I need you. When I see u hoo, involuntarily u hoo, alone u hoo, I'm asking you, our Q&A."
Jihoon's lips spread into a grin. "That was great! Oh my goodness, this will be great." he stood up and ruffled my hair again. 
"Wait, what?" 
"I composed this song for our music club. And since you're going to be a part of the club, I figured you'd have to sing." he smiled and squished my cheeks together. "Do you know how excited this makes me, partner?"
I shook my head. 
He leaned in closer. "Very." 
I held my breath. Too close, too close, too close. Jihoon pulled away before gathering the papers back up. "I can't wait until our meeting tomorrow."
I laughed, brushing myself off, as if Jihoon's presence was still on me. "Definitely."
"Thanks again." he smiled. I nodded in response, At that moment, the warning bell chimed loudly. 
"Ah crap, I forgot that I had to grab the homeroom teacher's roster." Jihoon took the papers from my hands and rushed out. As the door closed behind him, I inhaled deeply, collapsing onto the piano bench. 
Jihoon? What was with this sudden affection? Is that even the right word?
"STOP CONFUSING ME PLEASE." I groaned aloud.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Soonyoung POV: 
I stepped out from around the corner and walked back towards the door, where Yeonhee sat alone, a dazed look on her face.
I sighed. "Of course you'd be confused pabo." 
I replayed the event that just occured, in my mind. Jihoon, leaning in. Yeonhee not even moving in the slightest way. I bit my lip and shook my head.
It was almost clear. My best friend did, in fact, like the girl who I've liked forever. It's a typical love story. 
Cliche. The perfect crime.
More than anything, it because, again, it involved two people that I loved so much. I didn't want to lose either of them.
But at the same time, what is a guy to do?
Moreso, how could I expect Yeonhee to do anything? It's not like she was mine to begin with, anyway. 
My thoughts were interrupted as the door open to reveal the devil. She gave me a weird look before muttering under her breath. "Creeping on me, idiot?" 
Yeonhee brushed past me, walking at a fast pace, her face still seeming to be a couple shades pinker than usual.
"Lee Yeonhee, what am I to do with you?" I sighed loudly and followed her into the classroom. 
"Okay class! I hope that your parent consent forms are in the process of being sent? They're due on Friday, so don't forget to remind your parents! If you're from out of town, make sure your parents email one of the teachers." I heard the teacher announce as I sat down in my seat. Glancing over, I saw Yeonhee staring blankly at her desk. Jihoon, on the other hand, smiled as he looked out the window. I continued to observe the two, and I honestly was struggling to decipher my emotions. 
"Soonyoung?" Wonwoo, my desk partner, and our class president called for me. I diverted my attention to him. He gestured towards my hands which were tightly clenched. "You okay?"
I quickly spread them back and laid them on the desk. "Yeah, I'm totally okay." I cleared my throat and faced the front.
Don't look back.

I had to remind myself of this multiple times throughout first period. It was as if a nagging sensation was tugging at the back of my brain, like an itch that I couldn't reach. When the period did finally end, I picked myself up from my desk and immediately exited the room. Don't look back. 
My effort to not look back utterly failed, as I managed to run into someone as soon as I left the room.
"Oof." I heard a familiar voice. Looking up, I felt relieved. "Miso!" I cried as I gave her an instinctive hug. 
"Huh? Did I miss something?" she asked as I squeezed her tightly. I huffed. 
"You have no idea." I pulled her aside into another hall. "I'm worried." I ran my fingers through my hair. She tilted her head. "About?"
"You see, I think Jihoon...I think Jihoon might like Yeonhee."
Miso froze. "Jihoon?" I nodded.
She pursed her lips together. "Hm. Interesting." she hummed softly and shuffled her feet. I narrowed my eyes. "Do you have a problem with Jihoon? Apparently he said you were acting weird around him."
Miso widened her eyes. "I-I was?" she stuttered. I raised an eyebrow. She shook her head rapidly. "No, no. Of course not..I barely even know him." she denied before stepping back into the main hallway. "Actually, I was about to see him about Music Club." she held up her application. "I messed up on the last one so..yeah. Nothing, nothing against him at all!" she laughed, somewhat nervously. I stifled a laugh.
Clearly not. 
I decided not to trouble her anymore, and nodded instead. "Okay, sure."
She scoffed. "I mean it!" she sniffed before punching me. "But for real, I'll look into this. I highly doubt that she reciprocates though."
Yeonhee's words from a couple nights ago resonated in my mind. 'Who knows, maybe I'll date Jihoon.'
"But anything's possible." I mumbled. Miso smiled. "Exactly, meaning it's possible that she does not feel the same too," she patted my shoulder. "Look on the bright side of things, oppa." 
I chuckled. "Thanks Miso. I really only have you." 
I couldn't tell if my eyes were fooling me but it seemed as if Miso's smile faltered. However it only lasted for a split moment, for her bright smile still remained when I blinked. 
"Oh stop. That's not true." she glanced at her wrist. "Second period is going to start in a couple minutes, I better go give this to Jihoon sunbae." 
We walked together back into my class. I kept my head down as we entered. Miso took note of this, as she giggled softly before giving me a slight nudge. 
I looked up. Sure enough, Yeonhee had her head on her desk and seemed to be sleeping, while Jihoon had earphones in and was scribbling in his composition book, as usual.
Maybe it was true. Miso's words.
Anything is possible. Anything.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Jihoon POV: 
"Hur yuh guh, sunbuh." a muffled voice entered my ears. What was this? I turned my head to see Miso, holding out a piece of paper. I quickly sat up straight and took out one side. "I..um..hi!" 
"Here you go, sunbae," she repeated softly, shaking the piece of paper slightly. I took it. "Ah! So you fixed your application?" I asked cheerily. She nodded slightly before bowing. "Sorry about the inconvenience. Have a nice rest of your day." she abruptly ended the conversation before waving to Soonyoung and rushing away. 
I sighed and looked at my best friend. "See what I mean?!" I exasperated. "What is the problem?"
Soonyoung chuckled before placing his hand on my shoulder. "You are, idiot." he teased before ruffling Yeonhee's hair. 
"Get up loser." 
I watched my friend leave immediately after, not bothering her as he usually would. My gaze followed him as he proceeded to sit down without turning around.
Unlike Soonyoung at all. 
"Don't touch my hair." Yeonhee belatedly hissed at me. ME.
I opened my mouth to protest. "Um..actually that was.."
She turned her head away from me. I sighed, glancing between my desk partner and my roommate.
"Lee Yeonhee, what am I to do with you?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
a.n; 
okay so clearly these kiddies are struggling hardcore with the whole emotion thing.
Soonyoung seems to be doing a really good job hiding his feelings lolz what a guy.
While Jihoon...is being ambiguous but more obvious. still not good with girls doe jkpleasedon'tkillmeheslays
If you were in this situation, would you be more like Jihoon, or more like Soonyoung? Food for thought ^^
short, I apologize! It's going a bit slow because writer's block has hit me yet again. 
Honestly, I would greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions! comment below or pm me~
Thank you all, as usual for all the great love and support. 
Each of you are precious to me, please don't forget have a blessed day!