Help

Two Idiots and a Loser

Yeonhee POV:
I sighed softly as I continued to toss and turn. What was wrong with me?
I hadn't felt this uneasiness since...
Well, I guess I felt it when I heard about Soonyoung, but still.
This uneasiness was bothering me. Too much. 
Rolling over and off my bed, I slipped a pair of sandals on and pulled out my phone, quickly dialing a very familiar number.
As I creeped out the door, I heard the phone ring.
Once...
Twice..
Click. 
"Hello?" a hoarse voice came over the line. 
"Are you asleep?" I whispered.
"Welp, not anymore, loser." he grumbled. "Why?"
"Can we talk?" I asked. I heard a soft grunt. 
"Why are you doing this to me, Yeonhee. You know how hard it is for us to be out at this time."
I pulled my phone away from my face and looked at the numbers. "Mingyu, it's only 10:20. Don't act like you haven't snuck out with Wonwoo sunbae later."
I heard a grunt from the other line, and smiled in satisfaction. "Alright lame-o. Where are we going to meet?"
I tapped my chin. "How about somewhere we won't get jumped." I suggested. Mingyu laughed. "There's only one place."
I nodded. "Of course."
"Can I bring my girlfriend?" he asked.
"NO." 
"Ugh, fine. See you in five."
Another click indicated the end of the call, and I began to walk towards our school's 24 hour diner for the second time this night.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
"So, what can I do for you today, Yeonhee. We only have these late night talks when you need my help with homework." Mingyu looked at me from across the table.
"I know, sue me for not having any classes with you for the past two years but you're like one of my only guy friends." I frowned. Mingyu raised an eyebrow. 
"Uh, Soonyoung hyung?"
"...Well. I can't exactly talk about him to him, now can I?" I mumbled. Mingyu widened eyes. "Wait, what."
"Mingyu, I am getting more scared by the moment. There's been something hindering me more and more these days. My heart feels really weird, and I can't explain what it is.."
"Emotions, Yeonhee. They're called emotions." 
I scoffed. "Why thanks."
Mingyu rolled his eyes and leaned forward. "Look, I have a girlfriend and I clearly know what it means to have emotions. It's only natural for you to start having some after constantly being around Soonyoung hyung." he shrugged. "Inevident, actually."
I sighed. "Okay, fine. I accept that fact. But I don't want it. What do I do to stop it?" I asked. Mingyu tapped his chin before laughing. 
"Well, you have two choices. You could tell him about your feelings, or supposed feelings, and he'll either take it really poorly or take it extremely light heartedly. Knowing Soonyoungie hyung, he'd probably do the latter. OR you could just not say anything and hope for it to pass."
I hummed. "The later one sounds better."
"Mind you, that doesn't resolve anything." Mingyu inserted. I rubbed my nape and threw my hands in the air. "Screw it all." I grumbled. Mingyu shrugged.
"That works too, I guess."
"Mingyu, help me out. Please." I begged. Mingyu coughed. "How do I do that? It's not like I see him at all." he complained. I narrowed my eyes.
"Well, could you ask someone to ask him how he feels about me?" I pleaded. He snorted. 
"If you're that curious, ask him yourself."
I scoffed. "I can't just go up to Soonyoung and be like 'HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT ME?' He'd probably laugh." 
Mingyu raised an eyebrow. "Yeonhee, you of all people should know that Soonyoung doesn't mess with emotions. Regardless of that smiling, joking front he puts up." 
"...Yeah, that's true. But this is me to him. What if he does react that way?" I exasperated. He sniffed before placing his hand on my shoulder. 

"Why don't you give it some time? The school trip is coming up soon and you'll get to spend endless days with him." 
I rolled my eyes. "Like I don't do that enough already."
Mingyu shrugged. "A new place, a new view. Anything is possible." he chuckled. "What would you do without me Yeonhee?"
"Plenty, thank you very much." I stuck out my tongue. Mingyu smiled before checking his watch. "We'd better get back. The housemothers will be making their rounds soon." 
I nodded in agreement. "Thanks, Mingyu."
He laughed. "No problem." he stood still before turning to me. "Hey, and could you tell Wonwoo too talk to me? He and I haven't hung out in a while, honestly." Mingyu rubbed his nape. "Ever since I got a girlfriend..." he trailed off. I bit my lip. 
"It's always the girls." I joked. Mingyu grunted. "Yeah, for real though...bros before.-"
"Goodnight Mingyu." I cut him off with a laugh. He scrunched up his nose before patting my back. "Goodnight, Yeonhee."
I watched as he began to walk to the Sophomore Dorms. Sighing, I began making my way back to the dorms.
I was stopped in my tracks when I saw two shadows lurking in front of the dorm. Soft whispers filled the air; one girl and one guy. I isquinted to see if I recognized one of them. I watched as the guy reached up to the girl's face and kiss her forehead quickly before turning and walking away. I widened my eyes as I walked closer and began to decipher the girl's face.
A giddy smile was painted across her face as she looked up.
"D-Dahye unnie?" I blurted out. My roommate yelped. jumping slightly as I walked up to her.
"Gosh, you scared me!" she cried, clutching her chest. I smiled slightly before crossing my arms. 
"Sorry, not sorry." I gestured to the place the guy initally stood. "So who was that?"
Regardless of the lack of light, it wasn't hard to tell that Dahye unnie was blushing. "No one." she murmured. I scoffed.
"I saw everything, you don't have to act."
She widened her eyes. "You saw everything?!" 
I nodded. "Yeah, that little forehead kiss? Really cute." I commented, teasingly. She covered her face with her hands before squealing quietly. 
"Okay, okay. Fine. But, it's not quite...official yet so please don't say anything to anyone." she bit her lip.
"It's actually...Soonyoung."
I felt as my heart dropped from its place and sunk to the bottom of my being. 
"O-oh really?" I stammered, diverting my eyes towards anything except her face.
Silence hung dryly in the air before I heard laughing.
"Oh please, Yeonhee. I wouldn't do that to you." Dahye unnie winked at me, giving me a pat on the back. "But thanks for confirming stuff."
I blinked as she turned to go back into the dorm. "WAIT! Dahye unnie, are you...are you serious?! What are you confirming?" I called after her. She continued to walk, before leaving me alone in the dark. 
As assumed, the sinking feeling was gone. I touched forehead lightly and sighed, shaking my head.
"Oh no..." I whispered to myself. "I think I really do like Soonyoung."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
a.n:
it's about time you figured out Yeonhee! 
Did I actually scare anyone? (probably didn't lolz)
Sorry for not updating, and for the short update
School has been eating me alive, but I promise I'll try harder!
Thank you all so much for the support (!!!!!!) and love
Continue to comment and subscribe <3
for SEVENTEEN, 
with much love.