Let's Try

Two Idiots and a Loser

Yeonhee POV:
After this morning, I realized that I had to actually take everything into account from now on. My actions, my words, everything. 
I face-palmed as I thought about the incident. "So stupid, saying stuff out loud like that." I grumbled to myself as I headed towards the library. 
In order to clear my mind and organize my thoughts more thoroughly, I decided that staying away from Soonyoung, and even Jihoon, was the best option. At least until I found a better plan. 
And the one place that I know Soonyoung wouldn't go was the library. Because that kid hates studying.
Sighing, I entered the building and climbed the stairs to the second floor, where the study rooms were located. The halls were peaceful and quiet. I smiled slightly knowing that for once, I could achieve such an atmosphere.
Or so I thought.
That peace and quiet lasted for approximately 3 seconds before I heard someone call out my name.
"Yeonhee!" a feminine voice said loudly. I turned around to see Dahye unnie lurking behind me. 
"Why hello to you too, roomie." I mumbled softly. She raised an eyebrow. "Someone's a little cranky today."
I furrowed my eyebrow before taking a seat at a nearby stool. Dahye unnie joined me.
"I'm sorry, I'm just really confused about everything right now." I pressed my palms together and looked away. She laughed.
"Ah, about you and Soonyoung?"
I clamped my hand over . "SH!"
Dahye unnie pulled away. "Oh geez. Calm down Yeonhee, you, my boyfriend, and I are the only people in the building as of now."
I groaned in frustration before pausing. "Wait...boyfriend?"
She stuck out her tongue. "Why yes."
"The "it's-not-official-yet" one?" I made air quotations with my fingers. Dahye unnie grinned sheepishly. "Yes, that one."
I widened my eyes. "Why didn't you tell me? I was bothering you so much yesterday about it and like NOW it's official?"
She shrugged. "I mean he asked me to be his girlfriend this morning so..."
"Where is this punk?" I asked, cutting her off. Dahye unnie rolled her eyes and gestured to someone sitting nearby. As I turned, he looked up.
He looked like an angel.
I leaned in. "You're dating Junghan sunbae?" I whispered loudly, half-squealing because come on. He truly is an angel. She nodded with a smile. I shook my head. 
"Oh gosh, brace yourself for the crazy girls who chase after him." 
It was true. Being the gorgeous creature he is, Junghan sunbae was highly sought after. And it would be a lie if I said I didn't find him attractive at one point in time. Of course, this was solely based on looks and what I've heard about his personality.
Dahye unnie let out a light laugh. "I have confidence in myself, Yeonhee."
I gave her a thumbs up. "That's truly admirable." I sighed as I played with my thumbs. "I don't even have the confidence to talk about my feelings with Soonyoung so really you are admirable."
Dahye unnie tapped her lip with her finger. "Hm. Have you ever thought that you might have feelings solely because you don't have anyone else who is around you as much?"
I tilted my head slightly. "...I guess that's a possibility."
"Think about hanging out more with other guys. Who knows, you could be convincing yourself to like him, when you don't." she sniffed. "It happened to me before."
"Mm. I'll keep that in mind." I responded slowly, taking in her words. She smiled. "Good. Sorry about bothering you, I'll leave you now."
I snorted. "Yeah, okay. I know you just want to spend time with your boyfriend." 
Dahye unnie rolled her eyes again, waving as she took her leave. As the pair disappeared, I sighed again and looked outside. 
"Convincing myself? So, what. Do I have to find another guy to like or what...." I asked myself. Shaking my head, I patted my face. "No, let's just not think about it. No more, Yeonhee, no more."
Standing, I headed towards a room. "No more."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Soonyoung POV:
"The person you are trying to reach is unavailable at the moment. Please leave a message after the--"
I pressed the "End Call" button and frowned. "Of course, right when I need you." I sighed. "Curse you, Yeonhee."
Jihoon looked up at me. "She's not picking up?"
I nodded. "I don't know, she seemed a little weird earlier too. I wonder if something's up."
My best friend shrugged. "If that was the case, it'd probably be best to leave her alone."
"I suppose." I replied before lying down on my bed and staring at the ceiling. The sound of Jihoon scribbling in his composition book filled the room.
"Jihoon, I have a question." I began.
"Go for it."
I paused, wondering if I should confront him about Yeonhee. But then again...I might just be overthinking it. Instead, I changed the subject.
"So, if I really were to do this...Music Club thing, what would I do?" I asked. Jihoon's pencil stopped moving. He peered his head out from under my bunk and looked up.
"Are you seriously going to do it?"
I furrowed my eyebrow. What was with his tone? Was he upset by the fact I was doing it? Did he just want time with Yeonhee alone?
"Because that would be pretty awesome. We need a drummer, and since you dance, you'll probably know plenty about rhythm and all." he grinned.
I slapped myself and shook my head. "Stop overthinking, Kwon Soonyoung."
"What?"
"Uh, I mean that sounds good! I'm totally up for that." 
Jihoon abruptly stood up. "Well then we've no time to waste!" his voice suddenly raised in pitch.
"Wait, what?" I asked, sitting up. Jihoon clapped his hands. "Our first meeting is Tuesday, and at the very least, you could learn how to do basic beats before then."
I widened my eyes. "Tuesday? Jihoon, that's three days from now. You really think that I can get that done in time?"
Jihoon laughed and threw his pillow at my face. "Soonyoung, this is you we're talking about. AKA talented at everything, the genius who can do anything." 
I caught the pillow and threw it back at him. "Oh hey, so you're talking about yourself now?"
Jihoon rolled his eyes. "Yeah okay, Soonyoung whatever. But really, I know you can do it. So let's go do it?"
I glanced at the time. 10:34.
"Fine, but you're buying lunch then."
"You're acting as if that's not what I already do." he scoffed. I chuckled.
"Fair enough."
​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Jihoon POV:
I hurried over to the Music Club's room to grab a pair of drumsticks before rushing back out to Soonyoung, who looked down at the ground, with a rather dejected expression on his face.
"Something wrong?" I asked. He sighed.
"Honestly, I'm a bit worried. Drum is supposed to keep the beat. It's so important. What if I absolutely fail and screw everyone over?
I rubbed my nape. "Well then, everyone gets screwed over. No big deal. After a while, you'll find yourself catching back onto the beat and then everything will be fine again." I laughed. "Plus, you haven't even tried, so how are you so sure you'll fail?"
Soonyoung ruffled his hair. "I find that failure is a very common thing in my life."
"Failure over what? You're a great dancer, you're smart, you're an awesome friend, and a ton of girls like you too. Why do you say you fail?" I questioned, truly curious. My roommate stared at me for a moment before smiling widely.
"Nah, you're right. I am perfect." he slung his arm over my shoulder. "Now let's go learn how to drum!" he cheered happily. I complied but glanced at him, as his smile faltered. He looked back at me, and the smile returned. Before I could ask what was really up, someone stopped us.
"Hello Soonyoung oppa!"
I turned. Soonyoung oppa?
Soonyoung looked over and immediately smiled, for real this time. "Hey Miso!"
The two made small talk (honestly, I just spaced out) before I heard Soonyoung calling me back into the real world.
"Jihoon, Miso has something for you." he said. I blinked. "For me?"
She looked away for a moment and handed me the paper before quickly saying a goodbye to Soonyoung and leaving.
"..Is there something wrong with my face? Like, this is the second time she's run away from me." I touched my face. Soonyoung raised an eyebrow. "Miso? That's weird, she's like the brightest person ever. You guys seemed fine yesterday at the diner." he commented. I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we were totally fine. She's really nice but since this morning, it's like she's been avoiding me, and I don't know why."
Soonyoung scratched his head. "Huh. Weird."
I nodded in agreement as he gestured towards the paper. "What's that?"
I opened it. "Just a Music Club application."
Soonyoung straightened up. "Ah, so she's doing Music Club too?"
I shrugged. "I guess so."
Soonyoung smiled. "Hmm..good for her."
I narrowed my eyes. "No flirting during our meetings. Okay thanks bye." I grumbled before continuing to walk.
Soonyoung, taken aback, scoffed. "What? Flirt? What is flirting? What's..what's.."
I laughed and punched him. "Whatever you say, loser."
Soonyoung shook his head before walking up ahead of me. "This kid." he mumbled as he passed. I smiled slightly and watched my friend. Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair.
...
If he liked Miso....
Maybe then I wouldn't be so hesitant about liking Yeonhee.
​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ​- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
a.n;
DUN DUN DUN~!!!!!
jaykay I'm a loser. 
you all probably hate me rn because
I just made this story 10x more complicated
with this chapter but hey, more writing for me
more seventeen for you :D
hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and
thank you all for the support, as usual <3
I'd love to hear feedback or ideas, so just comment
or hit up my PM as you please! 
thanks again lovelies~ have a blessed one ^^