Special

Two Idiots and a Loser

"Now, when the war started, both sides were torn financially--" 
I stifled a yawn and rubbed my eyes. History. My least favorite class.
Shaking my head, I stared back down at the textbook. Where were we, anyway?
Out of my peripherals, I saw a light blue paper as it was pressed onto my side of the desk. Same as the light blue post-it from yesterday.
'Having fun dozing, partner?'
I looked up at Jihoon, who seemed to be innocently taking notes, not evening glancing back. I narrowed my eyes and scribbled a response.
'Only as much fun as you are, watching me.'
I took the post it and stuck it right in the middle of his textbook. He flinched slightly before relaxing and looking back at me from the corner of his eye. Twirling my pencil with my fingers, I waited for his response.
'Loser.' he scrawled messily.
I scoffed and defiantly wrote my reply. 'Idiot.'
Right then, I saw as a hand snatched the blue paper from Jihoon's grasp. "What's this, Mr. Jihoon? Flirting in the middle of my class?" Our history teacher raised an eyebrow at us disapprovingly. I shook my head. "You're very mistaken, Teacher...we were just..sharing notes."
I heard a chorus of 'ooh's fill the room. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. What?
Turning, Jihoon's facial expression was as stoic as ever. Yet, a bright red flush crawled up his face and ears. 
"Apparently not, Miss Yeonhee." the teacher tapped our desks with his ruler before holding up the now-crumpled note. "I'll be confiscating the evidence of your relationship until further notice." he winked at me before smiling.
I laughed dryly before shaking my head. "Sure, whatever." I mumbled. Jihoon remained silent, staring at the front of the classroom blankly. I looked around, searching for someone to back me up. I turned my attention to Soonyoung, whose face was as stoic as Jihoon's and whose eyes were everywhere except on me. I sighed before putting my head down on the desk. 
"That's all for today class. Please make sure you review for Friday's quiz, and please.."he looked at me. "No holding hands under the desks."
The rest of the class laughed as the bell rang. The sound of shuffling paper and voices filled the room, as the other students got up for self-study time. I fiddled with my fingers, checking on Jihoon, who seemed frozen, every so often. After a few moments, he finally stood up. Out of pure instinct, my body followed. I grimaced. Again with this awkwardness.
"Umm, where..where are you going?" I stammered. Jihoon blinked before smiling. "Library, why? Wanting to follow me there too?"
I widened my eyes and emitted another scoff. "Excuse me, no."
"Good." He interrupted before patting my head and passing me.  I couldn't believe it. Turning, I watched as Jihoon walked out of the room. 
"What. Just. Happened."
"You just, you know, flirted in front of our whole entire class." Soonyoung poked me gently as he grabbed my books from my arms. "No biggie."
I looked at Soonyoung. "Hey, just saying, if that was flirting, he started it." 
He laughed and shook his head. "Jihoon doesn't flirt, Yeonhee. He's terrible with girls. Almost everyone in our class knows."
I narrowed my eyes. "Are you sure? He seemed like he was completely aware of what he was doing."
Soonyoung shrugged. "Suit yourself, but for now, let's focus on studying literature, yeah?" Soonyoung waved our notes in front of my face. I sighed and nodded. "Alright, alright. Same place as last year?"
He nodded back. "Of course."
"Great."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Soonyoung POV:
The day seemed to drag. After the morning's events, it was hard for me to focus on anything.
Except for her, of course.
In every class, the lecture seemed to enter one ear and out the other. It wasn't until I heard our history teacher call out loudly.
"What's this, Mr. Jihoon? Flirting in the middle of my class?"
Flirting? Jihoon never flirts.
I averted my eyes towards the back of the room, where Yeonhee and Jihoon shared their desk. Yeonhee's eyes grew wide in confusion as she began to spew out denials. Jihoon, however, sat very still as he emotionlessly stared at the front of the room.
It was everything that he did when he didn't want people to know that he had emotions.
I sighed deeply and stared at the blackboard as well. 
Well, screw everything.
You can't possibly say that my best friend is starting to like the girl who I'm 99.9% sure I'm in love with.
No, that can't be. It'd be way too cliche to say that.
But then what is this uneasy feeling tugging at my heart. I inhaled deeply before closing my eyes. 
No, don't jump to conclusions Soonyoung.
I shook my head at myself and looked at Jihoon pat Yeonhee's head lightly. I watched a smile appear as he walked away from her. Yeonhee's expression showed utter disbelief. "What. Just. Happened." I heard her murmur to herself.

"You just, you know, flirted in front of our whole entire class." I responded as I made my way towards her and jabbed at her arm. "No biggie."
Yeonhee gave me a pointed glare. "Hey, just saying, if that was flirting, he started it." 
I snorted. "Jihoon doesn't flirt, Yeonhee. He's terrible with girls. Almost everyone in our class knows."
She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Are you sure? He seemed like he was completely aware of what he was doing."
I shrugged, honestly indifferent about this topic. "Suit yourself, but for now, let's focus on studying literature, yeah?" I held up our notes. She sighed and nodded. "Alright, alright. Same place as last year?"
I grinned "Of course."
"Great." she responded before starting towards our place.
Our place, as we called it, was a secluded area from the school. Yeonhee and I discovered it during my orientation, when I was starting school here and she tagged along for the fun of it. It was found by pure luck, I guess you could say, because it became a place that I personally found refuge and comfort in. 
It was a place solely for us. She never told anyone, not even Miso, and I did the same.
I didn't even tell Jihoon.
Yeonhee and I walked without words, as the sound of chattering dimmed as we walked. The further and further we walked up, the quieter and quieter it got. I smiled slightly as the room came into view.
There was nothing necessarily special about this room, when you saw it from a objective point of view. It was an empty room used by clubs after school, with a clear view of our school's greenhouse. Inside, it had a couple desks, much natural sunlight and many memories. So, though it may not be special from an objective point of view, to me...
It was especially special.
Because it was something I shared with her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
a.n:
kind of long this time around, but I hope you all enjoyed nevertheless.
Thanks again, as usual! I love you all and your comments bring me many smiles ^^ 
keep supporting SEVENTEEN and TIOL~ 
with much love <3