You're the Problem

Two Idiots and a Loser

"Alright class! That is all for today, enjoy your lunch period and don't forget to be PRODUCTIVE during your self-study time."Our teacher concluded the period as the bell ran loud and clear. Happy cheers of relief filled the room as Wonwoo sunbae, again, led the class to bow to our teacher. 
"Thank goodness." I sighed as I stretched. Jihoon glanced at me.
"I'm rather surprised, partner."
I raised my eyebrows as he spoke. "What?"
"For someone who's in advanced studies, you sure enjoy dozing off during class." he stifled a laugh. I stared at him in horror. With a light chuckle, he pressed a sticky note in front of me. "In case you missed any key points."
I scoffed. "Psh. I don't need this." I said defensively. Glancing at the post-it, I furrowed my eyebrow. 'Did we even go over these points?'
"Your face says otherwise." Jihoon teased. I rolled my eyes and put the note in my textbook. "Don't act like you know how my face works. For all you know, I could've been thinking about what to eat for lunch."
"She does have a monstrous stomach," a less-than-welcomed voice chimed in. "But that face definitely portrays confusion."
I groaned. "Did I ask you?"
Ignoring my question, Soonyoung poked Jihoon. "Let's go eat lunch with the others, yeah?"
Jihoon smiled in response. "Sounds great."
Soonyoung linked arms with Jihoon before waving to me with that dorky smile of his. "Bye Yeonhee. Have a joyful lunch time."
The two left, Jihoon telling Soonyoung to get off of him, leaving me to stare outside in deep thought. "How am I going to survive this year..." I sighed.
"You'll be fine! I believe in you."
I jumped slightly. Miso's comforting laugh filled my ears. "I'm so sorry Yeonhee!" she placed her hand on my shoulder. 
I turned and gave my friend a big hug. "It's totally fine, Miso. I'm just so happy to see your face."
"How has your first day been so far?" she asked.
 "Ugh, don't even get me started. It's been too full of Soonyoung, and he has a best friend who happens to be my desk partner and he's like...Soonyoung, except a little less annoying, AND I have no idea what I'm supposed to do this whole entire year."
Miso patted my back lightly. "Dump your emotions into food. It works every time."
I laughed. "You're the only one who gets me, dear." 
Miso grabbed my hand and began to pull me. "Of course, now let's go before all the good food gets taken!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Yah! Stop it!" My other friend, Sera giggled as she lightly smacked her boyfriend, Seokmin.
I coughed in low-key disgust. Miso held back her laugh as Sera shot me a glare before smiling again. 
"You're just too cute, Sera. What am I supposed to do?" Seokmin half-joked as he gently poked her side. Sera pretended to think. "You could...go grab me more napkins, please?"
"Anything for you." he grinned before standing. As soon as he left, I vocalized all my inner thoughts via noises. 
"Oh gosh Sera. I never knew you could be so girly. Ugh. What happened? You and Seokmin didn't even act like that last year." I commented. Sera shrugged before laughing. "Weird isn't it? Like, he and I were best friends but as soon as we started to realize our feelings for each other, it just turned out this way." she smiled. "And I don't have a problem with it."
I hummed softly. "I kind of do. It's just really odd to see. Considering that you two were always at each others' throats."

Sera leaned in closer. "You know, I think that's what feelings do to a person. It's almost inevitable." she nudged me. "Like you and Soonyoung sunbae?"
I glanced at Miso, whose smile faltered slightly.
"What? That's complete nonsense. That's just really gross. It's almost like ." I shuddered. Sera narrowed her eyes. "Yeah, that's what I said last year about Seokmin. Just don't be surprised when it happens." she smiled mischievously as Seokmin sat back down. "Here you go, Sera!"
"Ah thank you!" 
I shook my head before turning to Miso. "He's all yours, Miso. Ignore everything Sera said."
Miso smiled. "Don't worry about me, Yeonhee. I'm not too concerned about that. He said he liked someone else, and I respect that."
I fake-sobbed. "Dear goodness, I need to smack some sense into that idiot. You're the best person to like, Miso. I'd like you if I were a boy!" I exclaimed. She shrugged. "Different people have different tastes. Plus, you're my best friend. I'd say the same thing about you." she laughed.
"But it is actually applicable for you! I'm totally fine if no one likes me because, as everyone on campus knows, I have a crap personality. But you, you're so lovely."
"Oh Yeonhee, don't say such negative things about yourself! You're perfectly likable too. I promise."
I smiled. "And you are too. Soonyoung must be blind or mentally unstable not to like you." 
Miso shook her head with a smile. "No, no. He has perfect vision and a stable mind. He knows exactly what he's getting into, and who he likes."
I blinked. "You say that as if you know something I don't."
Before Miso could respond, the bell rang for the end of lunch. "Maybe you don't know everything about Soonyoung oppa." Miso laughed softly before waving. "I'll see you later Yeonhee."
Her words hit me like a brick in the face.
Me, not know something about Soonyoung? It never occured to me that could be possible. But then again...it was his right to keep his own thoughts to himself. I shook my head. "Psh, like I even want to know." I mumbled to myself.
"Know what?"
Jumping yet again, I yelped softly before covering my face. ""People really need to stop doing that." 
Jihoon poked my forehead. "Let's get to class, partner. Come on."
I sighed before standing and looking at Jihoon and Soonyoung, who was dancing to his music happily. I stopped in front of Soonyoung and patted his cheek roughly. "You're always the problem, aren't you." I turned and slowly trudged towards our classroom. Behind me, I heard him ask Jihoon.
"What did she say?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WEEEEE~ I'm (kinda) on a roll. 
This excites me! I love seeing you guys comment, subscribe, and support this story <3 thanks for all your love.
keep it up, please~
and I'll see you next chapter!