A Good Night

Two Idiots and a Loser

Yeonhee POV:
"Because you've already sprained this ankle multiple times before, the recovery time will take a little longer than usual. It'll probably take 4-6 weeks." the doctor scribbled a note down before handing it to Soonyoung, whose mouth was gaping open. My heart broke a little as the sadness in his eyes appeared.
Sighing, I shook my head. This was the exact reason I freaked out earlier.
No one should lose their dream to such a trivial thing.
The Junior house mother patted Soonyoung's shoulder "Mr. Kwon. You should be more careful." she hummed before turning to Jihoon and narrowing her eyes. "And you, Mr. Lee," she cleared . "Should not EVER be in the girls' dorms!" she pointed her finger at Jihoon who grinned sheepishly. 
"But because you had a good reason, I'll let it slide for now." she pushed her glasses back up her nose before gesturing towards the exit. 
"Now that we have that taken care of, let's move on back to campus, right?" 
All three of us nodded before following her instructions. Once we were dropped off at the main entrance of campus, I glanced at Soonyoung. He patted his stomach and looked back at me, a knowing look on his face. 
"Ugh, fine." I grumbled.
"What?" Jihoon responded. I now glanced at my desk partner, who had confusion written all over his face. 
"Ah, we're going to eat. And Yeonhee's paying." Soonyoung smiled and landed a soft punch on his friend's arm. "Wanna come with?"
I scoffed. "Okay, who said any of that was-"
"Sure!" Jihoon cut me off before shooting me a ridiculously cute grin. Gosh, even though I've only known him for the slightest bit of time, I give him props for knowing how to pull at a girl's heartstrings. Ugh.
Looking at the two guys in front of me, who gave me expectant looks, I couldn't help but groan and comply. "Fine."
They cheered happily and began heading to our school's only 24-hour diner. Luckily it was a short walk, so Soonyoung didn't have to walk too far.
"Table for four, please." Soonyoung told the person manning the counter as we headed over to a booth. I furrowed my eyebrow, scooting next to Jihoon.
"Four? Soonyoung, I thought you hurt your ankle, not your head..." I mumbled. Soonyoung snorted before rolling his eyes. "I can count, Yeonhee."
He pointed out the window. "See?"
I turned to see Miso happily walking, waving as she did so. "What.."
"I invited her." Soonyoung grinned as he waved back. I looked at Jihoon who shrugged. Every ounce of my being held back the urge to jump out of my seat and move to the other side of the booth. Every ounce of my being told me to sit still.
"Hey Yeonhee! Hello Jihoon sunbae! Soonyoung oppa, are you okay?" she asked, concern filling her voice as she sat next to Soonyoung. I smiled back at her, giving her a slight wave before shoving my face into a menu. 
"Yeah, I'm totally fine, thanks for being so concerned." Soonyoung smiled and patted her head gently. I told my peripherals to not work, to just focus on what was in front of me. 
But, why was I feeling all this? Why did I need to tell them to do so? It doesn't matter, right?
I suddenly felt a hand on my wrist. I looked up to see Jihoon staring back at me. 
'Are you okay?' his eyes asked. I raised my eyebrows and shrugged before nodding. 'Yeah, of course.'
He responded with a nod before looking back at his menu. 
And that moment, all I could be was thankful.
Thankful that I somehow managed to grow close to my desk partner, despite the fact its only been a couple days. Thankful that he was someone who truly had a heart of gold. And so so thankful that Soonyoung had him as a friend.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

683fj.jpg nw7x4.jpg
Soonyoung POV:
I glanced at our messages, then locked phone before sighing and looking back at Jihoon and Yeonhee, who seemed to be getting well extremely well.
Too well.
I exchanged a pleading look with Miso who shrugged, a frantic look on her face. I bit my lip before coughing and standing. Miso looked at me, as confused as Yeonhee and Jihoon looked. 
"I'm..I'm going to go out for a few seconds." I announced.
"Not without me, no you're not." Yeonhee mumbled as she stood. Miso began to stand also. 
"It's okay, Miso. I can take him. You and Jihoon..can talk." she smiled with a nod. Miso slowly sat back down. "Oh, okay."
Yeonhee grabbed my arm gently and helped me walk towards the door. 
"You're dumb, you know that?" she said bluntly once we exited the diner.  I scoffed.
"You're one to talk, you oblivious little child." I grumbled under my breath.
"What was that?" 
"No, nothing." I chuckled and poked her forehead. "So why am I dumb?"
Yeonhee let out a dry laugh. "You first hurt your ankle a fourth time, then you decide it's okay for you to play even more with Miso's heart. Kwon Soonyoung, in all honesty, you're just evil. You worry me."
I laughed. "Is that a good thing?"
She responded with a glare before leaning against the wall. "I'm not sure, but be more careful, okay?"
I nodded. "No promises."
Yeonhee pushed me roughly before glancing back at Jihoon. "You're a lucky guy, you know that?" she smiled. I gave her a questioning look. She looked up.
"You've got the best room mate a person could have. A shame that he's only my desk partner." she laughed. I hummed. 
"Well, what else would you want him to be?" I asked. She shrugged.
"He's pretty good boyfriend material, just saying." 
I swore my heart stopped beating. For at least that moment.
"But anyways." Yeonhee began to speak again. "how do they know each other?" she gestured to the two who seemed to also get along. 
I shrugged. "Beats me."
We paused for a moment, simply observing our friends.
"You're missing out, Soonyoung. Miso is perfect girlfriend material." she nudged me. I stared back in awe. "Really."
Yeonhee nodded. "Definitely your type."
How could someone be so blind?
"Who knows, she might be. And I might be missing out. But honestly, there's something more important to me."
Yeonhee raised an eyebrow. "And what's that?"
"You." 
I couldn't believe I had uttered the words.
Would she understand? Would she finally realize my feelings?
Silence filled the air for a few moments.
Yeonhee scoffed. "Dude, I know we've been basically chained together since birth but really? You're free to date who you want, don't be worried about me! I promise not to date some crazy person." she patted my shoulder. "But thanks for being concerned." she smiled before pushing herself off the wall. 
"Who knows, maybe I'll date Jihoon." she stuck out her tongue. 
And although I hoped for it to be a joke, something inside of me told me that it was more than that.
Much more than that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
a.n:
fact: teens don't know how to confess properly! 
Apologies for not being faster with updates~ >< 
so, did anything surprise you this chapter? please comment, upvote and let me know what you think!
thank you all again for the love and I hope to continue meeting your expectations~
keep supporting our SEVENTEEN boys, and TIOL.
much love <3