Smile

Two Idiots and a Loser

"Ugh, I. Cannot. Do. This." I groaned into my pillow as the sunlight flooded into the room. 
"Well , you're going to have to." I heard a soft voice. I extended my head upward. "Dahye unnie?"
"That's me." I looked to see my roommate packing her school bag slowly. "Good morning, Yeonhee." 
I blinked and sat up. "Uh..Hi."
I cringed. Leave it to me to be awkward at a socially unacceptable level. She smiled slightly and nodded. 
"Sorry about not saying my proper greetings yesterday. And coming in super late last night." she rubbed her nape. "I was trying to figure some things out and it was kind of stressful so.." she sighed before shrugging. "Regardless, I apologize. But let's get along this year, okay?" she ended the phrase with a laugh. I gave her a thumbs up. 
"Sounds good to me."
Dahye unnie gave me another smile before getting up. "Well, I'm heading over early again, so if you need anything, my number is on your desk. I looked up at the clock. "7:03...? Why are you going so early?" I questioned. I watched as her face turned slightly redder. "Umm..I need to..see someone, I guess." she stuttered, a slight blush rising as she did so. I raised an eyebrow, watching as she fiddled with her hair. 
"Okay then..fair enough. I guess I'll see you later?"
Dahye unnie straightened up. "Yeah, definitely. See you." she waved before hurriedly leaving the room.
"What was that?" I muttered to myself before sighing and rolling off my bed. I yawned and trudged over to the restroom to start my day.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - 
The morning was crisp and cool, as it usually was in March, and I felt the cold air bite at my cheeks. I wrapped arms around myself as I quickened my pace. It didn't help that the Junior dorms were furthest from the Main Hall. I sniffed and mentally debated whether I should run or not, when I felt someone pull on my backpack. 
"Oof." 
I whipped around to see, oddly enough, not Soonyoung, but Jihoon instead. I coughed, the protest in my throat stopping and instead greeted my new friend.
"Partner!"
Jihoon smiled. "Good morning shorty."
I narrowed my eyes at him. "You're one to talk." I mumbled. He raised his eyebrows. "What's that?"
"Oh, nothing. Nothing."
He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever you say."
I shook my head. "Hey, you're the one who left me yesterday, so don't be acting bitter towards me." I pointed my finger. "What kind of partner are you? Huh?"
Jihoon looked down at me with a slight smirk. "You have something smudged on your cheek."
I immediately reached for my face and rubbed. "What? Where?"
He laughed before sticking out his tongue. "Kidding."
I furrowed my brow. "Y-yah! What the heck?!" I exclaimed. Jihoon smiled and began to walk quicker. 
Of course, my short stubby legs did no justice, as I attempted to catch up. "Was this just a way to avoid my question?" I interrogated. He shrugged before stopping midstep and looking at me. "Hey, do you have any interest joining the music club?" he asked. I tilted my head. "Music club?"
He nodded. I burst out into laughter. "Jihoon, I may have a slight knowledge of dance, but if there's anything I absolutely can not do, it's play an instrument."
Jihoon stepped slightly closer, as if he was observing me. "Mm...I can tell."
I blinked before lifting my fist. "Yah, say that again."
Before he could respond, I heard another voice calling for me. 
"Lee Yeonhee!"
Turning, I saw Miso with a bright smile waving to me, Soonyoung right next to her with a rather confused expression across his face. I made a face at him before turning back to see that Jihoon had already run up ahead of me. 
"Aish..seriously?" I grunted before shaking my head again and waiting for Soonyoung and Miso.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - 
Soonyoung POV:
For me, recognizing Yeonhee was extremely easy. Her undeniable shortness and lion-like hair allowed me to spot her from a mile away. If there was anyone who was even more recognizable, it was Jihoon. His shorter stature and pink hair made it even easier for people to know who he was. Yet at that very moment in time, I wasn't sure if I could tell who the two people walking ahead of us were.
Jihoon wasn't one to smile much. He did have a fun personality and all, yet he would be considered as one who conserves his smile.
The pink-haired guy in front of me, however, seemed to disagree. A beautiful, clear smile appeared on his face almost every 15 seconds. From a far, I doubted it was Jihoon. But as I got closer and closer, realization dawned on me, and I was incorrect. 
Why is he smiling so much?
I had initially wondered, but it wasn't too hard for me to find the answer. I watched as Jihoon smiled at Yeonhee, not only once, but multiple times. And it looked to be genuine. My eyes couldn't believe the truth.
The only thing I couldn't understand was WHY. 
Why was he smiling so much?
Why was it Yeonhee that made him smile that much?
Why is Yeonhee making him smile?
And why was I the one standing behind them, watching as he made her smile too?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - 

a.n.:
plot twist- Soonyoung loves Jihoon.
LOL jaykay. excuse my woozi x hoshi feels
DUN DUN DUN~
Sorry Soonyoung x Yeonhee shippers! >< Forgive me for currently breaking your hearts> 3
Regardless, I apologize for not updating for a bit and thank you to all my new subbers and comments. I love reading your guys' thoughts!
Please continue to love SEVENTEEN and TIOL ^^