MIA part 2

When Two Worlds Collide

"23...25...27, here it is!" Jonghyun yelled as the car came to a stop."Well, it wasn't so far, we could've just walked." 

 
"Aish, I wasted gas when we could have done that." Taemin sighed as he parked the car.
 
 
The 4 boys stepped out of the car and walked towards the house written in the paper the principal gave. It wasn't as big or as extravagant as any of their houses, it wasn't small but it wasn't big either, but could probably house at least 4 people. The house gave off a very homely vibe from its facade, it looked like a quaint little suburban home that was maintained graciously.
 
 
"So, this is where Kibum lives. Do you guys think he's home?" Jonghyun asked as he examined the house in front of him.
 
 
"Probably? I mean, where else could he be?" Taemin replied
 
 
"Come on, let's go ask." Onew, with the three boys in tow, walked to the door, rang the doorbell twice and waited for someone to open the door.
 
 
A woman who looked like she was in her late 40's opened the door in surprise.
 
 
"My, my, such handsome young men in front of me," she laughed as the boys smiled sheepishly,"you must be Kibum's friends, neh?" 
 
 
"Oh, you're right! How did you know?" Taemin asked excitedly when the woman recognized them as friends of kibum
 
 
"Well, you're wearing the same uniform as my son so I assumed you were the boys he told me about." The woman smiled. "Oh, where are my manners, I'm Kibum's mother, please just call me aunt Hyejin. Come inside boys, it's starting to get cold out you might get sick if you stay there for too long." The woman offered as she wrapped her thin cardigan around her.
 
 
"Oh sorry, we haven't introduced ourselves either. I'm Jinki, but Kibum and the others call me Onew, this is Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin." Onew said as he introduced himself and the three boys. "Uhh...aunt Hyejin, we actually just came to ask where Kibum was because we weren't able to contact him today. We were looking for him because we needed to discuss an urgent matter. I'm afraid we can't stay for too long."
 
 
"Oh, is that so? Well, Kibum's out working a full day shift today and he always leaves his cell because he doesnt want to be distracted when he's working but he's still probably at the cafe if you head there now. You do know where it is right? He wanted to work the whole day so he could buy a nice cake for himself."
 
 
"Uhh...cake?" Jonghyun mumbled
 
 
"Oh! You didn't know it was Kibum's birthday tomorrow? Hyejin asked.
 
 
"Aniyo, hehe, we were just surprised because we had a joint party planned for Kibum and one of our noonas....and well, Jonghyun hyung here must have forgotten that it was a surprise and probably thought that Kibum wouldnt have bought the cake if he knew it was a surprise. Right hyung?" Minho stepped in as he elbowed Jonghyun's side.
 
 
"Well, thank you for having us auntie. We're going to visit Kibum now to see what he's up to so we can bring him to the party. We hope to visit again, good night!" Onew greeted as he and the other boys left the house and headed to the cafe.
 
 
"Crap. Hyoyeon's party is tonight and his birthday's tomorrow. Luckily it's a saturday. We need another cake, STAT. And gifts. Plus we need to ask Hyo if it's okay to have Key's surprise at her place at midnight." Onew cussed as he dialled Hyoyeon's number. 
 
 
*Ring*
 
 
"Yoboseyo? Hyo, it's Jinki. Do you think it would be okay if we brought someone over to your party and have some sort of a surprise?" Onew asked over the phone putting her on loudspeaker
 
 
"What? Who? What kind of surprise? Why?" Hyoyeon asked in a rush
 
 
"It's Kibum. It's his birthday tomorrow and we just found out so..." Onew trailed off
 
 
"Wow. Good job guys, forgetting your member's birthday I see." Hyoyeon teased
 
 
"We didnt know noona, he never told us! Can we please please please pleaaaaaaase have the surprise thing for him?" Taemin shouted as he drove
 
 
"It's fine, it's fine. But you boys owe me. You better have a good gift for me." She laughed. "See you at around 8!" 
 
 
"Alright, so now we have to figure out a way to drag him to Hyo's place without raising any suspicions." said Onew seriously.
 
 
"How 'bout we do the usual 'in the hospital' thing?" Jonghyun asked. "I mean, it has been overused by the hyungs but I doubt that Kibum's ever had someone pull it on him."
 
 
"Well, yeah, I guess that would work. Let's tell him Sooyoung noona was brought to the hospital or something." Taemin mumbled as he stopped at a red light. "But what are reason are we going to give him then?"
 
 
"What else," Minho scoffed. "Food poisoning, of course. It's Soo noona, no one's going to doubt any news about noona if it concerns food."
 
 
"Okay then, we head to the cafe and tell him that we're just buying coffee because it's our turn to stay with Sooyoung in the hospital for the night then we ask him if he wants to visit her." Onew discussed. 
 
 
"Taemin-ah, make a right at the next corner then let's park a bit far from the cafe so we can rehearse what we're going to say when we get there."
 
 
Jonghyun instructed as Taemin followed, parking at a street across the cafe.
 
 
"Good idea Jjong. Alright boys, it's game time." Onew said as they all stepped out of the car and prepared to get Key.