Choi's Island Part 3

When Two Worlds Collide

 

Sooyoung pulled out her phone from her pocket the moment it buzzed. She had 9 texts from the girls and 1 from Minho. As she was staring at the names of the people who texted her, Minho suddenly called.

 

“Yobosaeyo?” Sooyoung answered

 

“Noona, we’re heading back to the cabin to get changed. We’ll have dinner—“

 

“Neh, we’ll be there pronto!” Sooyoung shouted as she cut the call before Minho could answer. Sooyoung quickly stood up and dragged Key to the cabin.


 

The large cabin had 2 floors. The 1st floor was divided into 4 parts: the kitchen, dining room, living room and the entertainment/gaming room, and had about 3 bathrooms. The 2nd floor was divided into three parts: the east wing, the west wing and the A/V room. The east wing, where the girls were staying, had 2 large bedrooms and the master’s bedroom. The west wing, were the boys were staying, had 3 large bedrooms.

 

Sooyoung went to the east wing while Key went to the west wing. Key shared a room with Minho, Taemin, Jonghyun and Onew while Sooyoung shared a room with Yoona and Taeyeon. When Key got into the room, the boys were already done showering and had changed their clothes. Key then proceeded to grab his bag and ran to the bathroom to shower.

 

The boys didn’t mind waiting for Key because they knew that the girls would prepare much longer than he would. Surprisingly, Key took about 25 minutes in the bathroom. He was like a junior version of their diva hyung Heechul. Key was having a mini-concert the whole time he was in the shower.

 

“Hyung, looks like you made the right choice of putting Key in the group.” Jonghyun grinned at Onew

 

“ I know,” Onew smirked “ I know how much potential one person has just by listening to them talk.” He smirked.  Jonghyun raised an eyebrow at him while Minho and Taemin crossed their arms and gave Onew a questioning look.

 

“Okay, maybe I heard him humming and singing a bit when I passed by him in the corridor during the first day.” He sheepishly admitted as the others laughed at him. They could not deny one thing though, Key was their missing member, he completed SHINee. They decided that they’d tell Key that night that SHINee was going to perform a song for the acquaintance party. Soon enough, Key came out of the bathroom clad in a black v-necked shirt and grey shorts. The 5 of them, coincidentally, were all wearing v-necked shirts and shorts.

 

Once they got over how they looked, they met up with the other boys so they could go fetch the girls. As expected, when they got to the east wing the 2 rooms were locked signaling that the girls were still preparing. However, when they pressed their ears to the door , they couldn’t hear anything so they decided to check the master’s bedroom to see if the girls were there. They boys opened the door only to discover that the girls had transformed the bedroom into a dressing room. Curling irons here, straightening irons there and blowers and make-up everywhere. After 10 minutes, the girls went out of the room and went downstairs where the boys were waiting.


 

As the 9 beauties descended the staircase, the boys stood up in awe. The efforts of the girls did not go unnoticed. They were wearing simple clothes, either sundresses or a simple tank top or shirt with shorts,  but there was something they did that made them look absolutely beautiful and the boys had no idea what. The girls went straight outside and the boys followed them like lost puppies.

 

“Wait a minute,” Tayeon said as she turned around almost bumping into Onew “Where exactly are we going?” she asked. Onew just stood beside her looking at her.

 

“I’ve arranged a sunset cruise.” Minho grinned as he put an arm around Yuri who was slightly shivering from the cold air

 

“Jeongmal?” Sooyoung asked surprised

 

“Neh,” Eunhyuk spoke up “Minho told us when we were waiting for all of you to finish preparing.” He said as he kissed Hyoyeon’s cheek and put an arm around her shoulders

 

“The wait was worth it though. Right boys?” Yunho announced as he pulled Tiffany closer to him by the waist

 

“NEH!” Sungmin suddenly shouted. “Whatever you girls did, you made my Soonkyu taller!” he laughed as he gripped Sunny’s hand tighter.

 

“I’m wearing wedged heels you pabo!” Sunny laughed as she pinched Sungmin’s cheeks when they turned red from embarrassment.

 

Everyone laughed on the way to the pier and soon enough, they were boarding the yacht. There large yacht was able to accommodate all 18 of them. There were about 5 connected tables and a small buffet enough for them and another separate food cart for the shikshins.  Once the yacht stopped moving, Minho stood up and announced that they could eat.


 

“Yul, why didn’t you tell me you were THIS hungry?” Minho asked quite amused as he stared at all the food on her plate.

 

“Ani I’m not famished or anything like that, it’s just that everything included in the buffet is actually my favorite.” Yuri shyly informed him as she blushed a deep shade of red

 

“ I know,” he grinned “that’s why that’s the food served in the first place, because I know you love them.”

 

“Gomawo!” She cheerfully smiled as she stood up and wrapped her arms around Minho’s neck. Minho was too stunned to speak so he just stood there like an idiot when she sat down.

 

“Minho~ah, come on, don’t  just stand there!” she laughed “let’s eat!” Yuri smiled at him as she tugged on his hand. Minho could only smile back as the girl of his dreams held his hand so he would sit down.


 

Music started to play just as Yoona stood up to get dessert. On the way to the dessert table, someone grabbed her hand spun her around, held on to her waist and dipped her quite dramatically. There was only one person in her mind who would do that. Taemin.

 

“Taemin~ah, I just ate and we’re on a boat, I don’t wanna barf on you.” Yoona laughed

 

“Oh, uhh, mianhe Yoongie!" Eunhyuk laughed awkwardly, bringing her back up. "Hyoyeon wouldn’t believe me when I said that I could do ballroom so yeah, mianhe!” he rubbed the back of his neck as he slowly stepped away from Yoona.

 

“Mianhe oppa! I really thought you were Taemin!” she shouted quite embarrassed

 

“You thought I was Eunhyuk hyung?” someone spoke from behind her

 

“Neh,” she said as she bumped into Taemin when she turned around “It’s just that, you’re the only one who does that to me and I was getting kinda used to it so I expected it was you but then I just ate so I just didn’t want to barf accidentally so I kind of scolded you but it wasn’t you it was Eunhyuk oppa—“ Yoona rambled

 

“Yoong, you’re rambling again,” Taemin smiled “as payment for thinking that Eunhyuk hyung was me, you owe me a dance.” He grinned at her

 

“Shireo! I was just about to go to the dessert table!” She pouted

 

“Come on, we’ll go there together after one song arraso?” Taemin said as he pulled her hand

 

“Arraso.” Yoona pouted. Taemin led her to a space where they could dance and he placed her arms around his neck as he placed his hands on her waist.

 

“You know, if we keep acting like this, they’re all going to start teasing us and they’ll think we’re going out.” Yoona nonchalantly informed him

 

“Let them think what they want to, besides, we can always tell them if we’re already together”

 

“Mhmm” she simply agreed as she rested her head on his chest. ‘Whaddya know? She actually agreed with me on this topic for once’ Taemin smiled at his thought.


 

On the 2nd level of the yacht, Taeyeon was waiting for the sun to set. She always wondered how the sun would turn the color of the ocean from a deep royal blue to a bright reddish orange. It amazed her how quickly it would change and how quickly it would return back to normal.

 

“The sun won’t set till about 6:15” someone said interrupting her thoughts

 

“Jinki~yah,” she said without looking to see who it was “have you ever wondered about how the sun changes the color of the sea?” she asked

 

“And how it changes so quickly to a different color then back again?” he asked her back.

 

“Mhmm.” She replied

 

‘I ask those questions everyday, just like I ask myself why I can never find the courage to tell you that I like—no, love you.’He sighed.

 

“Always, Taengoo, I ask myself those questions everyday.” He said. She rested her head on his shoulder and Onew could only look at her face as she closed her eyes. It hurt him to see how close they were, knowing that this was as good as it was going to get.  ‘I’d rather keep my feelings to myself than ruin everything I’ve built with her if she doesn’t feel the same.’ 


 

They all gathered at the deck when the sun was about to set, the sunset was calming and they were all in awe as if they had not seen the sun set before. It was a beautiful sight to see, the endless sea stretched out before them turning from a deep blue color to a bright orange then back again. The best part about it was, they were all together to witness it. As soon as the sun set, the yacht headed back to the island. It took a long time for them to get back to the island because the current was going against them. They arrived at the island at about 7:30 and they got back to the cabin on foot at about 8.

 


 

Sooyoung usually ate dinner at this time and felt her stomach grumble despite the amount of food she ate earlier. If her body clock worked that way, then she had to follow it. She decided to grab a bag of potato chips and sat on one of the swinging bench on the back porch. A few minutes after she finishes her bag of chips, Key comes out of the back door with a cupcake in his hand.

 

“Oh, Sooyoung! What are you doing out here alone?” he asked

 

“I just ate a bag of chips that’s all.” She said as she stared at the cupcake in his hand

 

“I think you’re still hungry.” He laughed as he made his way from the door to the swing so he could give the cupcake to her. Unfortunately, he tripped on a huge stone and ended up falling face first on the grass. Because he used his forearms to break his fall, his face was smothered with icing from the cupcake. Sooyoung could not help but laugh at the sight in front of her.  She laughed so much that she could not breathe and ended up snorting by accident.

 

“BAHAHAHAHA.” Key laughed “Piggy~yah, you have a really cute laugh y’know?”

 

“Pfft,” Sooyoung tried to hold down her laughter “I may have snorted like a pig ONCE but that doesn’t mean I am one.”

 

“I know, the nickname just kind of suits you. I mean aside from the snort, I’ve seen quite a few Piglet stickers on your notebooks. Besides, I thought we already had an agreement when I gave you my cupcake?” He laughed as he sat up properly

 

“Fine. I do love Piglet and that’s the only reason why I’m tolerating you when you’re going to call me that, despite our previous agreement...and the cupcake you gave me then.” She playfully glared at him. “Come on, I’ll help you clean up before you complain that the icing is bad for your skin you diva.” She teased as she offered her hand to him. Key slightly tugged on Sooyoung’s hand but she had no balance at all so she fell on Key. She immediately got off of him, stood up and left Key feeling guilty about what he did.

 

‘PABO.PABO.PABO.PABO.PABO. Why’d I do that?! I didn’t know she’d fall so easily. Aish, I’m such an idiot. I hope things won’t be awkward tomorrow.’ Key thought as he repeatedly slapped the side of his head.