Surprise! Part 1

When Two Worlds Collide

 

*Saturday Morning*

 

“Annyeong ahjumma Park, good morning!” Taemin greeted as he smiled at the Im household’s caretaker and Yoona’s well trusted nanny.

 

“Oh, annyeong Taemin and good morning to you too. I’m afraid you’re too early today, she’s still in the shower. She woke up a bit late because she forgot there were makeup classes this Saturday.” The old woman laughed. “Why don’t you come in so you can sit while you wait? You can have a bite as well if you want to since I’ve prepared a lot of food this morning.”

 

“No thanks ahjumma Park,” he declined respectfully. “I think the shikshin’s going to notice if I eat any of her food. But, the thing is…I’m not here to pick her up. Actually, I’m not walking her to school today.”

 

“Jinja? Waeyo?” she asked.

 

“It’s a long story, really. But, I wanted to talk to you about the….y’know, the thing.” He half whispered as he checked behind the old woman for signs of Yoona.

 

“What thing?” the old woman frowned as she thought hard about what the young man in front of her was talking about.

 

“Come on ahjumma Park, you know this. I’m sure you remember THAT thing. The thing I’ve been stressing about for weeks now?”

 

And then it clicked, and the old woman almost shouted in glee. “OH! Omo! THAT thing!” she laughed as she came to a realization. “Is it today already?” she asked with wide eyes as the boy in front of her nodded and smiled in reply.

 

“Actually, I already talked to Mr. and Mrs. Im and they told me that I could do it in the family room in the basement. They said it would be okay to make it an overnight thing since they would be gone for the weekend. They said that Yoona needed the company as well. Sooooo…I’ll get Sunny noona to pick her up and send her home today.”

 

“Arasso. But, you think she won’t be suspicious? What should I tell her if she asks why you’re not picking her up?” Asked the old woman.

 

“Hmm…tell her my mom called the home phone to say Sunny noona’s picking her up because I’m still in bed and it didn’t seem like I was gonna wake up soon enough to be able to walk her to school and not be late? Yeah, that’ll work.  Sunny noona has no idea that I’m already out. I’ll just go ninja mode and lock myself in my room again without her noticing I left.” He said mumbling the last part to himself. “Thanks ahjumma Park!” Taemin waved as he started running back home.


 

“Ahjumma Park?” Yoona suddenly called from upstairs.

 

“Neh? What is it Yoona?” she asked.

 

“Is Taeminnie there already? Tell him to come in and eat for a while, I’m coming down in a minute! Please tell him to wait!”

 

“Ah, ani. I’m afraid he won’t be picking you up today.” The old woman replied.

 

“Jinja? How’d you know?” Yoona asked, coming down from the stairs.

 

“Taemin-ssi’s  mom called and told me he was still in bed and it didn’t seem like he was getting out of bed soon enough to be able to prepare and walk with you to school without getting the both of you late. She said that instead of Taemin-ssi, Sunny-ssi would pick you up.”

 

“Oh. Arasso. Thanks Ahjumma Park.” Yoona sighed. I wonder if he’s just making up excuses because he’s still mad at me for not going with him to the Acquaintance Party.


 

“Yoonaaaaaaaaaaa!” Sunny shouted as she waited in front of the gate of the Im residence. “Hurry up! We need to get the school early. Yunho oppa has a late birthday surprise in the lounge set up for Fany.”

 

“She’s going to be mad if we get there when the surprise is over.” Sungmin laughed inside the car.

 

“Omo, I’m coming unnie!” Yoona shouted from the balcony. “Ahjumma, please tell my parents that I’ll be home late tonight if they call and I’m not home! Kamsahamnida! Annyeong!” she yelled as she ran.

 

“Wait, Yoona! You can’t-” the old lady was cut off as the door shut. “…be late for your own surprise party. Aish. I hope Taemin figures out what to do with this problem.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Okay, so I purposely cut thiss here because I think I don't want the chapter to be so damn long that's why I'm making this chapter sort of an intro to foreshadow what's gonna happen a bit later so yeah :> Go on to the next chapter and forget I ever babbled and wasted your time by making you read this. If you're still reading now, I think you should stop and just click next xD