Where Are You Now?

When Two Worlds Collide

 

“Alright boys, count off!” Yunho ordered as the boys counted from 1 to 8

 

“8? Aish. Who’s missing this time?” Yunho asked as he ran a hand through his hair

 

“Uhh, hyung? You didn’t count yourself did you?” Key laughed

 

“Bwoh? Eh…Oh yeah!” Yunho laughed as he realized his mistake. “Okay so we’re complete. Everyone gather into your designated groups and…” Yunho cut his sentence short as he felt his phone vibrate. He pulled out his phone from his pocket and was surprised to see that Tiffany had sent him a text.

 

                                                                       

 

“Aish.  Change of plans boys.” Yunho announced, frustrated.

 

“Waeyo?” Sungmin asked.

 

“They went freelance. Groupings changed and Fany just told me. In other words, we’re screwed.” Yunho replied as he ran a hand through his hair.

 

“Don’t worry hyung, we’ll find them.” Onew reassured as he patted Yunho’s back.

 

“Okay, let’s all calm down and be logical. Where do you guys think they would go?” Yonghwa asked as they all huddled together in a corner.

 

“Hyoyeon would definitely be dancing so I’m gonna head to the dance floor. I’m gonna go check out who they’re crowding around, it just might be her.” Eunhyuk announced.

 

“Knowing Yuri, she’d probably be dancing as well. She might even be with Hyoyeon noona. Hyuk-hyung, I’ll go with you.” Minho said to Eunhyuk as he nodded to him.

 

“Fany’s probably going to head to the powder room or the bathroom or whatever the hell you call it.” Yunho mumbled.

 

“Sooyoung noona’s got to be at the dessert bar.” Minho suddenly exclaimed as he turned to Key.

 

“I thought so too.” Key said as the others laughed.

 

“Sunny’s probably getting a drink or is somewhere near the punch bowl. I think I heard them talking about spiking it.” Sungmin laughed as the others rose their eyebrows at the idea of the aegyo filled girl doing something so out of character.

 

“Okay, so, Taeyeon, Sunny and Seobaby are the only ones left. Seo’s probably looking for some sweet potatoes so I’ll go with Key.” Yonghwa stated as Key nodded at him.

 

“Okay. Basically Onew hyung and I are screwed.” Jonghyun whined as he stood behind Onew.

 

“Ani. I have a plan dino. I just-…Yunho hyung, can we go onstage?” Onew asked.

 

“Waeyo? That’s not fair Jinki-yah.” Yunho shook his head.

 

“Aniyo hyung. Jjong and I have decided to push through with our duet stage.” Onew grinned.

 

“What du-OW!” Jonghyun shouted as Onew stepped on his foot.

 

“We’re singing Please Don’t Go, right Jong?” Onew turned away from Yunho  as he mouthed ‘just go with it’ to Jonghyun.

 

“OHH. YEAH. THAT ONE.” Jonghyun finally caught on.

 

“Well, okay I guess. But change into your stage costumes first before you go up the stage.” Yunho instructed.

 

“Yes hyung! We’ll go tell the principal that we’ll push through with it.” Onew smiled.

 

“Arasso. Everyone listen up. We’ll meet up in a few hours outside at the swing set once we find the girls. Be there before 12 okay? Some of these kids still have curfews.” Yunho  laughed as he ruffled Taemin’s hair. “We can do this! On 3 ‘fighting’. 1,2,3…FIGHTING!” they shouted.


 

SOOKEY

 

“Hyung, we’re at an advantage aren’t we?” Key asked as he smiled at Yonghwa.

 

“Hmm? What advantage?” Yonghwa asked as they dodged the sea of students who were heading to the dance floor.

 

“Well, y’know, Sooyoung and Seohyun are tall so that means they’re probably going to be like a head taller than the other girls. I think it’ll be easier to spot them.” Key replied.

 

“You’re right, they are tall. But remember Kibum, every other girl here is wearing heels. Including them, yes, but that means that everyone’s taller than they actually are and Sooyoung and Seohyun might not be taller than they usually are. However, we still do have an advantage because of their heights. Tell you what, I’ll head to this side of the table and you head to that side. If you find Seo or Soo, text me and I’ll go to wherever you are.” Yonghwa instructed as he disappeared in the crowd.

 

“Okay…Where should I start?” Key mumbled. “. Yonghwa hyung was right. Everyone IS wearing heels.” He cussed under his breath. “But you’ve still got to be taller than them.”

 

He headed to the end of the table where Yonghwa instructed him to go while scanning the crowd for a familiar face. He dodged everyone who passed by him and laughed at himself when he realized that he was dancing some sort of a blind tango with everyone around him until he saw a familiar figure. A girl with long wavy hair and a tall and slender body was walking to her table with a full plate in hand. He ran to her and tugged on her hand.

 

“Oh! Kibum!” she worded out, shocked.

 

“S…Seohyun-ah” he laughed awkwardly. “I found you! Gimme me a minute. I’ll text Yonghwa hyung and tell him to go here.” He smiled.

 

“Thanks Kibum. While you’re at it,  I’ll help you find Sooyoung since you helped Yong oppa find me.” She smiled.

 

“Jinja?” Key asked as he returned the smile.

 

“Neh, she’s over there.” Seohyun laughed pointing to a table where only one very familiar figure was eating. Another person who also had long wavy hair, and despite sitting down, had a long and slender body. The 2 plates filled with pastries and desserts of different kinds just confirmed her identity. Kibum strode towards the girl as quickly and as quietly as he could and covered her eyes from behind.

 

“YAH. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! WHY ARE YOU DISRUPTING MY MEAL?!” Sooyoung asked violently as she tried to pry away the hands of the culprit.

 

“Piggy-ah, relax. It’s me. I finally found you.” Key smiled, whispering in her ear as he put his hands down and placed them on the table. Sooyoung turned and faced him, rolling her eyes.

 

“Pfft. Took you long enough.” She said with a smile.


 

MINYUL

 

“Aish. Seriously? I thought there would be more people at the dessert bar than on the dance floor.” Eunhyuk cussed as he bumped into a random guy dancing. He and Minho had been dodging and bumping the throng of students on the dance floor for about 20 minutes now and he was getting annoyed that they couldn’t find either Hyoyeon or Yuri.

 

“It’s okay hyung,” Minho consoled. “I have a height advantage so I can spot them easier from he-oh! Over there hyung! Near the middle! Walk!” Minho suddenly pushed Eunhyuk as he spotted Hyoyeon’s blonde head. Minho suddenly bumped into Yunho and the two urged Eunhyuk to go ahead.

 

“We found Hyoyeon noona, hyung. Maybe she’s with Yuri as well. I told Hyuk-hyung to text me if she was there.” Minho explained to Yunho.

 

“Sungmin called and told me that he was already with Sunny and that he might have seen a redhead walking this way.” Yunho smiled. “How ‘bout we head that way and see if we can find our girls?”

 

“Sure.” Minho laughed. Suddenly, 2 girls blocked their path and refused to let them through.

 

“Hi oppa.” The 2 girls said in unison, batting their eyelashes at Minho and Yunho.

 

“Ara. Eunseo.” Yunho nodded, acknowledging their presence.

 

“Uhh, annyeong. We’re uhh, looking for someone right now, if you don’t mind letting us through then we’ll be on our way.” Minho said skeptically, craning his neck as he saw a flash of red hair heading the opposite way.

 

“Awww, but oppaaaa. We wanted to dance with you.” Ara pouted at Yunho as she suddenly clung to his arm.

 

“Yeah,” Eunseo mimicked. “Just one dance. Please oppa?” Eunseo asked with aegyo , clinging to Minho’s arm as well.

 

“YAH. JUNG YUNHO, CHOI MINHO. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Tiffany shouted as the crowd parted. Tiffany appeared with Yuri by her side and they strode to the 2 boys and dragged them by the ear to a corner that was more private than the middle of the dance floor.

 

“Yah, what the hell was that?!” Tiffany asked as she let go of Yunho’s ear.

 

“Look, they were asking if we wanted to dance. That’s it.” Yunho explained as he rubbed his ear.

 

“Swear noona, that’s i-OW. YEESH.” Minho wailed.

 

“No one told you to talk Choi.” Yuri scolded as she tightened her grip on Minho’s ear even more. Tiffany and Yunho suddenly quieted down as they noticed that Yuri was mad, and Yuri was never mad. Tiffany was slightly shocked at the scene unfolding in front of her so she leaned into Yunho’s embrace and they just watched quietly from the side.

 

“Aish, why are you so mad Yul?!” Minho asked, exasperated.

 

“Why? WHY?! You are seriously asking why, Minho? Eunseo was clinging to you like a leech and it was pretty obvious she wasn’t letting go anytime soon unless someone pried you away from her. Do you know how….how….how annoying that was to see?!” Yuri fumed.

 

“Annoying? But wha-…wait a minute. You’re jealous aren’t you?” Minho smiled smugly as Yuri’s grip on his ear loosened.

 

“Jealous? W-What? Me? No way Choi!” Yuri stuttered as she looked down, letting go of Minho’s ear.

 

“I never thought I’d live to see the day the green-eyed monster takes over you.” Minho laughed. “Yul-ah,” he cooed as he hooked a finger under her chin to tilt her face up. “You don’t need to be jealous of anyone you know. No matter how hard those other girls try to get me to look at them, I’ll only be looking at you.” He smiled

 

“Psh. You’re so cheesy you know that?” Yuri pouted as she dropped his hand from her chin. However, she didn’t let go of his hand when it dropped. “But you’re not getting away that easily Choi.” Yuri smiled at Minho.


 

ONTAENG + JONGSICA

 

“We simply cannot allow you to do an impromptu performance Mr. Kim.” The principal refused.

 

“But sir, we’ve practiced this before. We want to see if the students think it’s good.” Jonghyun lamely supplied an excuse.

 

“But we cannot allow you to conduct this…this experimental performance at this event. Maybe during next week’s general assembly Mr. Kim.”

 

“Excuse me sir, but…do you have any slow songs prepared?” Onew suddenly asked.

 

“Slow songs? Are those things still hip? I thought all you kids listened to these days are pop and hip hop and whatnot.” The principal replied, suddenly surprised.

 

“Sir, that’s it!” Onew exclaimed.

 

“What’s it?” Jonghyun and the principal asked in unison.

 

“Our generation is in grave need of a different genre of music. If you let us perform, then you’re granting them exposure to slow music that’s unlike pop and hip hop. After that, we can delve into older songs and as we progress maybe you can include trot songs so we’ll all learn more about traditional music.” Onew explained.

 

“What a very good idea Mr. Lee! Wonderful, wonderful! Be ready in 20 minutes, I will announce your stage by then. May I get the name of the song?” the principal asked.

 

Jonghyun’s mouth hung in surprise and awe. Onew was able to trick the principal into thinking that their duet stage would broaden the students’ knowledge about different styles of music. He blinked at the principal for 5 seconds before supplying him with an answer.

 

“Oh…The song is Please Don’t Go. Track number 6 sir. Oh and sir, please introduce us as 'Jongyu' this is a special SHINee subunit but you don't have to mention that part. Just the 'Jongyu'.” Jonghyun smiled , handing the principal the CD.  Once the principal was gone, Jonghyun could no longer hide his excitement and amusement.

 

“That actually worked hyung!” Jonghyun laughed as he gave Onew a hug.

 

“Yes it did,” Onew laughed as well. “He’s going to forget about it by Monday or maybe even by tomorrow. Good job with the Jongyu though, if Fany hears our names on stage then we're screwed.” Onew laughed.

 

“So, what’s our plan?” Jjong suddenly asked.

 

“Well, once we sing, couples are going to go to the dance floor and slow dance and whatnot. Then-“

 

“Then what?” Jjong cut him off.

 

“Let me finish dino,” Onew laughed. “We’ll be able to spot them easily. Freshies and Sophomores are off to the left. Juniors and Seniors are also required to have dates so whoever isn’t dancing will most probably be them.” He explained.

 

“Smart thinking hyung! Wow, your brain works really fast.” Jonghyun laughed.

 

“That’s because I ate chicken.” He winked.

 

15 minutes later…

 

“Attention students, before the program ends, we have one last stage. It is a duet stage of a slow song to be exact. Please welcome Jongyu with Please Don’t Go!”

 

As the intro played, several couples headed to the dance floor to share a dance with their dates/girlfriends/boyfriends. Before they even reached the chorus, Onew spotted Taeyeon at a table by herself near the back of the room. Jonghyun on the other hand spotted Sica seated at a table near the toilets, her head casually leaning on the wall. It seemed as if Sica was sleeping but Jonghyun noticed that she was still moving. They both wanted to finish the song so they could finally dance with their girls.

 

 

 

As Jonghyun and Onew got off the stage, Onew pulled Jonghyun aside quickly.

 

“Meet me outside at the swing sets in 5. Let’s dance with them. But we’re just gonna have to provide our own music. Any song ideas?” Onew asked.

 

“I’ve got the perfect song hyung.” Jonghyun smiled as he winked at Onew and ran for Jessica.

----

 

 “Taengoo!” Onew shouted as he literally picked up her girlfriend from her seat.

 

“Finally! Took you a while, but what’s wrong with you?” she laughed.

 

“What’s wrong with me? Well, I didn’t see you the whole night.” He pouted. “I didn’t even get to dance with you during the slow song.”

 

“Aww, it’s okay dubu-yah. There are other slow songs we can dance to. I loved your duet though.” Taeyeon smiled at him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she leaned in for a kiss. Onew suddenly pulled back and released her from his embrace and grabbed her hand instead.

 

"Were we that obvious?" he asked as she laughed. “Come with me. We’ve got something prepared.” Onew smiled as he dragged Taeyeon to the swing set outside.

----

 

“Jjong I’m too sleepy to stand.” Sica pouted as she leaned her head on the swing’s frame.

 

“Come on Sicaaaa. Pleaaaase?” Jonghyun pleaded as he pulled her up.

 

“But I’m just gonna trip if we dance and I’m like this.” Sica whined.

 

To this, Jonghyun pulled her closer and tightened his grip around her waist. “I won’t let you fall, I promise.” Jonghyun declared looking her in the eyes.

 

“Arasso.” Sica agreed as she leaned her head on his chest. He started to sing Baby Baby by 4men and his soft voice was slowly lulling her to sleep but she fought with all her might to keep her eyes open so she could listen to him sing the song.

----

 

Niga nomu gomapjanha, oh baby

 

Niga nomu yeppeujanha, oh

 

 

When they got there, Jonghyun was singing Baby Baby by 4men and Onew had completely stopped dragging her.

 

 

Nuneul  ttael suga obseo

 

Nae nunen noman boyeo

 

“May I have this dance?” Onew asked as he pulled Taeyeon close when she nodded.

 

 

Neoman gyesok barabogo sipjanha nan oh jeongmal

 

 

The soft glow of the moonlight and Onew and Jonghyun’s voices that blended so well made Taeyeon and Jessica’s hearts melt. It was probably the most romantic thing that a guy has ever done for them, and they weren’t planning on forgetting about it soon.


 

TAEMIN

 

'Aish. What am I supposed to do now? I don't need to look for anyone so where the heck am I going to stay? Why did Yoong have to go with that muscle head Taecyeon. I mean, what's so great about him? So what if he's tall or muscular and can dance and sing and play sports and so what if he's the ideal type of every female in school...*sigh* I've got no chance at Yoona now do I?'

 

Taemin decided to go out to the swing set so he could think without music bothering him and so he could text his hyungs that he would leave earlier than expected because of an 'emergency'. He sat at one of the swings and slowly swayed himself remembering all the time's he was with Yoona since he was a kid. It hit him right then and there that they've never really been apart aside from the times that they were with their respective families. Feeling melancholic, Taemin started to sing Replay.

 

Yoona neomu yeppeo

 

Geunyeoreul boneun naneun, michyeo

 

Hajiman ijen jichyeo

 

Replay replay replay

 

With that, he left the swing set feeling sad and lonely.


 

The gang arrived at the swing set at about 11:20 complete and paired up. All except for Yoona. Apparently, Taecyeon did not return after his dance with Gina the foreign exchange student. They all found each other except for Taemin and Yoona.

'I wish I was with you instead. Mianhe Taemin-ah.'

 


 

Translations of the lines they sang:

Baby Baby

I’m so thankful for you, oh baby

You are so pretty

I can’t take my eyes off of you

In my eyes, I only see you

I only want to look at you

 

Replay

Yoona you're so pretty

Looking at you I go crazy

But now I am tired

replay, replay, replay

 

A/N:

 

 

Yoyoyoyo! Due to the week long suspension all schools are experiencing in Manila due to the typhoon, I was able to make this chapter for you! I hope it isn't crappy though... Anyway, as promised, I put it the 4 main pairings but left out Taemyoon because they have a special chapter coming up! :) I will try to update when I have time but in the mean time, please check out my other fics that I will shamelessly plug here :) They're all oneshots so they won't take up too much of your time :) Tell me what you think about them because I sorta feel like it isn't good :/

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/47325/rain-oneshot-onew-ontaeng-taeyeon

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/187132/i-never-told-you-angst-oneshot-ontaeng-shineegeneration

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/189530/stuck-shinee-snsd-yoontaem-taemyoon-shineegeneration