Getting Ready Part 2

When Two Worlds Collide

GIRL'S SPREE

 

"Alrighty girls, time for some dress hunting." Tiffany smiled as she wagged her eyebrows.

 

"Unnie, are our costumes for the performance ready yet?" Yoona asked.

 

"Hmm? I think we just have to fit them tomorrow then they'll be delivered after." Tiffany replied.

 

"Soooo...where should we start with the dresses?" Jessica asked.

 

"Should we buy ones that go well with black?" Taeyeon asked as well.

 

"Actually, I think we should. The boys are sure to be wearing black or grey suits. God forbid them to wear colored suits and I swear I will kill them." Tiffany shook her head at the thought of the boys wearing colored suits.

 

"I think Yunho oppa's smart enough to remind the boys about that." laughed Sunny.

 

"The masks though are probably gonna be a different color because it's hard to find good masks that are monotone." Hyoyeon stated.

 

"Aish," Tiffany cussed as she massaged her temples. "We'll worry about the clashing of colors later, right now, we should focus more on buying the dress first."

 

"Good idea unnie." Seohyun replied as the other girls laughed.

 

"Where are Sooyoung and Yuri though?" Tiffany asked, taking a deep breath.

 

"Well, they were o-"

 

"Unnie!" Sooyoung shouted as she waved her arms over her head so they could see her as if she wasn't tall enough to be seen. "Yuri unnie and I found this sort of thrift shop hidden in a place where no one really goes to and and and and..." she panted.

 

"And what?!" Jessica shouted.

 

"AND, there are dresses and masks there that are perfect for the masquerade." Sooyoung smugly replied.

 

"Alright girls. KAJA!" Tiffany shouted as she marched after Sooyoung who led the way to the store where Yuri was waiting.

 

The girls rushed into the stor one by one checking if anyone else was watching them enter the store. Who knows, someone might buy the exact same thing if they go to the exact same store right?

 

Surprisingly, they found Yuri and the owner laying out dresses and masks on the couches and the counter. There were short dresses and dresses with trails. They were exactly what they needed for the party. The colors were perfect, they'd almost match with any color. One would not think the dresses came from a thrift shop. The dresses looked like they were designer dresses that were one of a kind. They found the perfect shop and all they needed to do was try the dresses on to see which one fit them best. They certainly owed Yuri and Sooyoung for finding the store.

 

"Alright, everyone grab a dress and a mask then hurry to the fitting rooms. Make sue they're the ones you like okay? We need to make it quick 'cause we still have to buy shoes. Arasso?" Taeyeon ordered.

 

"Neh!" all the girls shouted as they rushed to the fitting rooms to change. 

 

The process took longer than they thought. The dresses they picked were either too loose, too tight, too long or too short. They were running out of time and they still didn't have dresses and masks, not to mention shoes for the party. The girls were running out of dresses to try on but then Seohyun suddenly blurted out an idea.

 

"Unnie-deul, how about we try on the remaining dresses then if we see something that'll fit someone else better, we should give it to them to try on." 

 

"SEO-BABY YOU ARE A GENIUS!" Sooyoung shouted as she slung an arm over the maknae's shoulder hugging her as tight as she could with one arm.

 

"Alright everybody, you heard Seo. Grab a dress and see if it fits you, if it doesn't, give it to someone else you think would fit in it." Taeyeon ordered as the girls scurried back to the fitting rooms and did what they were told. Tiffany stepped out of the shop for a while and called Yunho.

 

"Yeoboseyo?" Yunho answered

 

"Oppa, the girls and I need a little over time for shopping. We were wondering if it'd be okay if you guys waited for a while. Or maybe you can all go ahead and eat, we'll just catch up." Tiffany replied

 

"Ani, that's nonsense. We'll wait for you, just as long as you promise you'll come back." Yunho laughed. "How long though?"

 

"About an hour or so? But I promise to rush the girls so we can meet you earlier." she smiled as if he could see her

 

"Arasso. See you later babe." Yunho complied as he put down the phone as Tiffany went back into the store.


 

Thankfully, their plan worked. The jangshins, Sooyoung, Yuri, Seohyun, Yoona and Tiffany, ended up with the trailed dresses while the dangshins, Taeyeon, Sunny, Sica and Hyo, ended up with the short dresses. Before paying, they picked up the matching masks and tried the whole costume on. 

 

                                                          

 

 

"Alright. Time for the shoes girls. We better hurry up because I can hear the shikshins' stomachs from here." Taeyeon laughed as she ran towards the nearest shoe store.

 

They all ran like crazy, searching all the aisles for the perfect shoe that would fit their dress well. Within 45 minutes they were all ready and all they needed to do was pay. Sooyoung and Yoona were getting grumpier by the minute because they were getting even hungrier than they were before they shopped. After paying, they rushed to find the boys.


 

"Fany-ah, where are they?" Taeyeon asked as she walked faster.

 

"7 Seas. I think Yunho reserved a private dinner room or something." Tiffany replied.

 

"Unnie, are we there yet?" Yoona asked impatiently, resisting the urge to run to the restaurant.

 

"Not ye-Oh! There it is!" Tiffany shouted as she pointed at the restaurant. They ran to the waiter and told him they had a reservation under the name Jung Yunho. The waiter ushered them in to the private room and were surprised by what they saw. A buffet was set up in a room that could accommodate at least 50 people. Yunho had definitely made the right choice of picking the restaurant. The boys were already getting their food so the girls put down their shopping bags and followed suit. They all enjoyed Asian, European, American, French and whatever cuisine was available for the buffet. Everyone was having dessert when Onew suddenly stood up.

 

"Everyone, I uhh, I've got an announcement to make. It's pretty important so I'd appreciate it if you'd listen." he smiled. This is it! He's finally confessing!  everyone thought.

 

"Taeyeon..." he paused as he looked at her. "Taeyeon and I have been friends practically since forever and well, to be honest I was never content with being just friends." he continued as everyone looked at Taeyeon to see her reaction. They were all worried because she showed no sign of emotions at all.

 

"Well, she's heard this speech before and you all obviously haven't but I want to cut this short." he laughed as he looked at his friends' puzzled faces. "I confessed to her last night. And I'm happy to announce that she accepted me." he smiled as he pulled Taeyeon up from her seat and held her hand to show everyone it was true. It took about 30 seconds for someone to react to the news until it triggered a chain reaction.

 

"Yah! Congrats Jinki-ah. You finally did it!" Yunho shouted as the boys hollered as well.

 

"Took you long enough though! She's been waiting since forever!" Tiffany teased as Taeyeon blushed.

 

The rest of the dinner went well and soon enough, everybody parted ways.


 

"Yoona! Yah, Yoong, wait up!" Taemin shouted as he ran after his best friend.

 

"What?" she asked.

 

"Your knight has come to walk you home." he said as he slung an arm over her shoulder.

 

"Hmph. I can walk myself home thank you very much." she pouted as she shrugged his arm off of her shoulder.

 

"Come ooooon, you're still mad at me because of that? Yoong, you know I was just teasing. When have I ever missed walking you home? Excluding the times I was sick or you were absent, NEVER." he said as he jogged to catch up to her.

 

"Fine. You can walk me home then." she said still pouting, refusing to give in to his manipulative yet sweet words.

 

"That's my Yoong." he smiled as he pinched her cheeks. "By the way, what time should I pick you up on Friday? Don't worry I won't wear my costume for the ball when I pick you up." he laughed.

 

"Actually..." Yoona trailed off.

 

"Actually what?" he asked as he stopped in the middle of the sidewalk.

 

"Well," Yoona turned around and looked him in the eye. "Taecyeon oppa already asked me about a week earlier and I already said yes. I know we always go together for the acquaintance party but this is Taec oppa's last year and he's been asking me since he saw me on the 3rd day of our freshman year." she pouted hoping to make him agree.

 

"Oh. Okay." he replied dryly as he continued walking. The rest of the walk was so quiet and awkward for Yoona. Every once in a while she'd glance at Taemin who had no expression at all. When they arrived at Yoona's house, no goodbyes or "see you tomorrow" or "I'll call you when I get home" were heard from Taemin, just Yoona's simple yet sad thank you was spoken.


 

"Sica-chuuuuu." Jonghyun drawled on the phone as Jessica answered it.

 

"What is it Jjong?" she asked sounding bored albeit the smile plastered on her face.

 

"Aish, when are you ever going to call me oppa?" he asked childishly.

 

"When you stop talking like this." Jessica laughed as she mimicked his childish tone.

 

"Fine. Be that way." Jonghyun huffed.

 

"Mianhe, I'm just not used to calling other guys aside from my brothers oppa." she explained. "But if it makes you feel any better, I think you'd be the person I'd be comfortable with calling oppa."

 

"Actually, it did make me feel better." he laughed. "Yeah, I don't want you to be awkward either if you were to call me oppa."

 

"Not because I'm more comfortable with the thought of calling you oppa it doesn't mean that I should call you that. Besides I'm more mature than you are." she said smugly.

 

"Are not!" he countered

 

"Am too!" she rebutted.

 

"Aish, we're both immature. Listen to us, we're fighting like grade schoolers." he laughed. "Anyway, get some rest Sica-chu. I don't want to find out you went to school late because I kept you up talking on the phone."

 

"Arasso. You should get some rest too. You owe me lunch tomorrow don't forget." she replied.

 

"It's a date then." Jonghyun quipped. 

 

"Whatever you say." she laughed. "Good night oppa."

 

"Good night." he smiled. Was she just playing around or did she really call me oppa? Aish. That girl. First she makes my heart beat like crazy when she's close and now she makes me go crazy with her words as well.  What the hell. I've gotta get some sleep. I've got a date tomorrow! He smiled as he closed his eyes.