Acquaintance Party

When Two Worlds Collide

"Aish. Hyung, have you seen my mask?!" Minho shouted from across the room.

 

"Ani! Has anyone seen my bowtie?!" Yunho panicked

 

"Where the hell is my other sock?!" Taemin shouted as he hopped about in search for his missing sock.

 

"Dammit. We have to pick the girls up in half an hour!" Sungmin shouted

 

". . . ..."

 

"JINKI STOP CUSSING." Yonghwa scolded

 

"Mianhe hyung, I'm just nervous. And I'm panicking. And I need chicken.." Onew rambled as he bumped into Eunhyuk who was surprisingly done preparing.

 

"Eh?" Jonghyun mumbled as he saw Eunhyuk in his suit looking as ready as ever.

 

"Don't look at me like that. It's my senior year, I wanted to be ready extra early because this year's party has a sick twist to it and I wanted to make sure that..."

 

"Uhh, hyung...We're not supposed to wear our suits yet right?" Key asked.

 

"OH. MY. GO-" Eunhyuk's eyes suddeny grew wider as he ran out of the room in a hurry to pack his suit in a bag. "Good thing I live here. Yeesh."

 

"Taemin stop jumping around and wear your damn shoe! Your other sock's in your back pocket!" Jonghyun shouted as Taemin spun around and put his sock on.

 

"Is everyone done packing their stuff for the party?" Yunho asked

 

"Neh!" the boys replied.

 

"Aniyo! Yunho hyung-ah! I'm not done! Don't leave yet!"

 

"Pabo-yah! Stop shouting and keep packing!" Sungmin replied 

 

"Okay, Hyuk's the only one left packing. How about your costumes for the performance?" Yonghwa asked

 

"They're already in the car hyung." Onew replied

 

"Alright. Let's load the rest of our stuff in our cars then let's go when Hyuk's done packing." Yunho instructed.

 

About 10 minutes later, Eunhyuk runs out of his house and finds the other boys already  in their cars and ready to go. He runs to Sungmin's car, shoves his bag in the trunk and gets in the passenger seat. He rolls down his window and flashes a thumbs up to signal that they were ready to go. Soon enough, the boys were heading to school, pumped up for their performances and for the party itself.

 

 

"Uhh hyung," Key suddenly spoke up. "I think we forgot something."

 

"What is it?" Onew asked.

 

"The girls?"

 

"MOTHER OF ALL CHICKENS." Onew shouted as he stepped on the brakes. "Call Yunho hyung. NOW. Tell him we forgot the girls!" 

 

"Arasso." Key complied as he called Yunho.

 

Onew could hear Yunho's panicked shouts as he u-turned heading for the Choi's house where all the girls were waiting. They were all dead if the girls found out they forgot about them. He sped up even more when he noticed the other cars following suit. They certainly had to get there soon, but they had no time for accidents so they all drove quickly but cautiously.


 

"Unnieeeee. Taecyeon oppa's already here!" Yoona shouted from the first floor as Taeyeon went down the stairs.

 

"Are you not going to wait for the boys anymore?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Actually, I have to prepare some stuff for the party as well so I have to go with Yoona now. Mianhe." Taecyeon apologized.

 

"Oh. Gwenchana, I understand. Be safe Yoona-ah. Please take care of our Yoona while she's with you." Taeyeon requested

 

"Neh." Taecyeon smiled as he bowed to Taeyeon

 

"I'll see you later unnie!" Yoona smiled as she hugged Taeyeon. Taecyeon grabbed Yoona's stuff and they headed out the door.

 

"Girls!" Taeyeon shouted from the first floor as the others ran downstairs.

 

"What's up?" Sunny asks.

 

"Are your bags and outfits for the party and the performance ready?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Yes unnie!" Yuri and Sooyoung replied.

 

"Yep. We've all been ready for at least an hour now. Why?" Tiffany asked back

 

"Well, the boys aren't here yet and it's almost time for our dry run." Taeyeon replied

 

"Eunhyuk hasn't texted me yet. Did anyone else get a text?" Hyoyeon asked as she checked her phone for the nth time.

 

"I'm starting to get worried." Sunny pouted.

 

"Don't worry unnie, I'm sure they're already on their way." Seohyun assured Sunny.

 

"Oh, yeah, where's Sica?" Taeyeon asked

 

"Sleeping as usual." Sooyoung laughed. "Should we wake her up now?" she asked with an evil smile as Taeyeon nodded in approval.

 

"I'll get the cucumbers!" Yuri volunteered as she ran to the fridge and up the stairs with Sooyoung.

 

3 minutes later Sica's dolphin scream resonated throughout the whole Choi household. It was bloodcurdling to say the least, but the girls just couldn't help but laugh when they saw Yuri and Sooyoung being chased down the stairs by Jessica. For someone who hated running, Sica was fast. REALLY FAST. A few minutes later, Sica calmed down and fixed herself before the boys arrived. They were all set and ready to go, they were just waiting for the boys to pick them up. They all sat on the couch for a while and watched a drama as they waited. The boys arrived halfway through the episode looking panick-stricken as hell.

 

"YAH. JUNG YUNHO WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING?!" Tiffany shouted at Yunho as he flinched when she hit him and grabbed his shirt.

 

"Mianhe jagiya. We were-"

 

Hellfany. The boys all gulped nervously at the sight in front of them.

 

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY OF YOUR EXCUSES. JUST LOAD THE BAGS IN THE CAR SO WE CAN GO." Tiffany ordered, not letting go of Yunho.

 

"Yes ma'am." Yunho swallowed hard. As he turned around, Tiffany hit his back and wrapped her arms around his waist tightly quietly mumbling stupid.

 

"Mianhe." she sighed. "You guys took so long...I was just really worried that something might have happened, okay? We all were." she stated as the other girls nodded unanimously. Yunho turned around and hugged Tiffany, assuring her he would never make her worry that much ever again. After that, he started loading the bags into the car with Yongwha and Sungmin.

 

"Noona, where's Yoong?" Taemin shyly asked Taeyeon.

 

"Oh, she went ahead with Taecyeon." Taeyeon replied noticing Taemin's sullen expression. "I was actually surprised that she wasn't going with you Taeminnie. Don't be so bummed about it though, I'm sure she just accepted his offer because he's been asking for years now and she just gave him a chance. I don't think there's any other explanation for her decision aside from that. Don't think so much about it." she smiled as she patted his head. She was aware of the younger boy's feelings towards Yoona and she knew as well that the latter also had feelings for the former, they just wouldn't admit it yet.


 

"Hey." Onew greeted Taeyeon from behind as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.

 

"Hey yourself." she replied, pouting ever so slightly.

 

"You know, I wish we were like Yunho hyung and Fany."

 

"Hmm? How so?" she asked.

 

"Well, whenever I see them argue, it's not the fallout kind of arguing. I mean, it never is. Even when you think they're going to break up or something. Whenever their fight ends, you know it just made their relationship stronger instead of it having the opposite effect. It just makes you think even more that they're going to last for years." he said, resting his chin on her shoulder.

 

"So you want us to fight more often?" she looked at him as she touched his cheek for him to look her in the eyes.

 

"Ani, that's not what I meant Taeng. I mean, I want people to see us the same way. I want them to see us a couple who's going to last. Y'know. 10 years. 20 years. Forever?"

 

"Forever." she replied as she gave him a soft peck as he smiled, gratefully accepting the kiss.


 

At 3:30, the whole group was headed to school complete with their costumes and attire for the performance and the party. At about 4pm, they started their dry runs for their performances, making sure the props were not a bother to their performance and that they were comfortable in their costumes. They changed back into their regular clothes after about 2 runs with their costumes on so they wouldn't get sweaty in them. They did 2 more practice runs then they went to rest in the lounge.

 

"Sica chuuuuu" Jonghyun drawled as he hung his arm over Sica's shoulder. Sica looked tired and mad and Jonghyun was apparently unaware.

 

"Jjong, just don't." she replied as she crossed her arms over her chest.

 

"Eh?" Jonghyun looked puzzled as he looked at her. "Aish. You're just tired. Do you want me to get you a drink or some food?" he asked. "Ah wait. Don't answer that question. I'll get you patbingsoo and some strawberry ice cream. Stay here, I'll be back in a few." Jonghyun said as he kissed her cheek and winked at her. Jessica's cheeks were visibly pinker than usual although she kept thinking her cheeks were hot because she danced and not because Jonghyun just made her blush. 

 

Jonghyun came back 10 minutes later with patbingsoo, strawberry ice cream and 2 spoons. He insisted on feeding her, reasoning out that she was tired because of the dry run when he was the one who did more practice runs than her. They looked like a childish couple arguing about who should be fed and who should be the one feeding. It was absolutely ridiculous at first but they came to a decision that for every bite Jjong feeds Sica, Sica feeds Jjong as well. They had petty arguments but they'd always end up as sweet as ever.


 

2 hours later, the whole lounge was in chaos. The party would start in less than an hour and everyone was rushing to bring their stuff from the lounge to their respective dressing rooms. The boys and girls were rushing in and out of the lounge and their dressing rooms making sure everything they needed was there and was already ready. They've performed before but this year's party just made them all even more jiterry than they should be. Key was obviously terrified. He had been rocking himself in a corner behind the sofa in the lounge for about 10 minutes when Sooyoung found him while she was looking for her scrunchie.

 

"Key! What are you doing here?" she asked, recovering from her shock.

 

"I can't do it. Andweyo. I'm not cut out for this. I should be on the ramps. In the water. Not on a stage." Key rambled as he stared off into space.

 

"Pfft. You can do this Kibum. Look at me," Sooyoung said as he cupped his cheeks forcing him to look at her. "You can do this. I know you can. My brother's been telling me about how fast you picked up the song, and the choreography and everything. Based on what he's told me, you've been working really hard. Don't let all that hard work go to waste, arasso?"

 

"Eh- Arasso." He sighed as he shifted into a decent sitting position. Sooyoung hugged him for good luck then went back to the dressing room leaving Key a blushing mess.


 

"Test. Mic test. Okay it's working. Ehem," the principal cleared his throat to get the attention of the students as he stood on the stage.

 

"Tonight is the night to meet new faces. Mysterious faces. It is a time for us all to welcome the school's freshmen and transferees. It is a time for us all to talk to someone and enjoy their company without any information about who they are. The masks serve as a wall that will keep your identities discrete yet your sincerity when talking to someone will still show because they can still see your eyes. Do you now see how clever your principal is?" he asked smugly. "Anyway, let us move on to the program! We shall start with the first section of freshmen. Please give it up for the freshmen of class 1A!"

 

The principal introduced each class and each class was given time for a short dance and for a short introduction. They all looked so mature seeing as they were wearing gowns and suits. The higher batches could not help but think if they looked as mature during their acquaintance party. About an hour and a half later, the freshmen were done with their dances and their intros and it was time for the club performance. The first group introduced was Yunho, Yonghwa, Eunhyuk and Sungmin's quartet called SQ which stood for Shinhwa Quartet. They sang an acapella version of Boyz II Men's In The Still Of The Night which made the younger girls knees go weak. Their voices blended so well that it melted the hearts of those who were listening.

 

"Alright everyone, give it up for our next performers, with the Japanese version of the song Juliette, here is SHINee!" the principal introduced.

 

"Why are we doing this in Japanese again?" Key asked before the music started.

 

"Ask Mr. Han." Jjong winked in reply.

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you SHINee! I'm sure all of our female students are very happy after SHINee and SQ's performances. But now, it's the guys' turn to be excited fanboys. Now, here is Girls Generation with The Boys." the principal clapped excitedly.

 

 

 

"Thank you very much SQ, SHINee and Girls Generation. After those wonderful performances, we will now proceed to what everyone has probably been looking forward to since the event started. DINNER." the principal announced. With that, he left the stage and the students were served their dinner.


 

Everyone had already eaten and some people were heading to the dessert bar while the others were on the dancefloor going crazy. The boys had something else in mind...

 

"Alright boys. It's time to execute the plan." Yunho instructed. "YoonYulSic will be together so I need Minho and Jonghyun in one group. Taemin, you can tag along with them if you want to help them find the girls. SooSeoFany will be grouped together so that means that Key, Yonghwa and I are going together. Last but not the least, the dangshins. HyoTaeSun will be together so that's gonna be Hyuk, Onew and Sungmin. Is everything clear with the groupings?"

 

"Neh!" the boys confirmed.

 

"Let's just text each other when we've completed partners." Yonghwa added.

 

"Alright. Now, it's time to bring the GIRLS out." Yunho smirked as they made their way through the busy ballroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Sorry it took a long time to update -___- College + Me = not much free time. Ugh. I'll try to update within the month if I have enough time but no promises :( The idea about SHINee singing in Japanese is for their grade in their Japanese project which they didn't hand in on time xD and I couldn't find a decent video of them performing Juliette within the past year or so, so yeah =)) Anyway, it's pretty long I guess so I hope it sorta makes up for the time I made ya'll wait. Or not. Most definitely not =)) If ya'll get bored waiting, please check out my oneshots :) They're all shingen fyi =)) Anyway, that's it. I'm updating this at a quarter to one and I have class at 7 tmrw =))) Things I do for my subscribers <3 HAHA. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chappie :)