Surprise! Part 2

When Two Worlds Collide

 

“Text me when you guys are on the way to the lounge okay? I’ll go meet up with Yunho hyung and the others in the lounge to see if I can help with anything. Don’t forget to lock the car babe!” Sungmin pecked Sunny’s lips and threw her the car keys as he ran to the front doors of the school.

 

“Aish. This boy, really.” Sunny shook her head as she rolled her eyes at her boyfriend who almost tripped while running.

 

“Where are we meeting Tiffany unnie again?” Yoona asked as Sunny locked the car doors.

 

“Oh, we’re meeting her at the caf with the other girls then we’ll head to the lounge. I’ll nudge you and the others if we need to stall okay?”

 

“Neh!” Yoona laughed cheerfully.

 

“Oh, and we might be in for a little bit of complaints because Yunho oppa didn’t pick her up today when she wanted to see him so badly immediately, he didn’t give her an excuse either so who knows what she’s thinking right now. Plus, she didn’t see him during the weekend or the day of her birthday either.” Sunny explained.

 

“Omo, poor Fany unnie.” Yoona pouted. “I’m sure Yunho oppa has valid reasons right?”

 

“Neh, they had a family emergency last Friday and they had to go to one of their relatives. That’s why Yonghwa oppa and Sica weren’t there during the party either.”

 

Sunny and Yoona got to the café and found the other 5 girls comforting Tiffany at a small round table near the other end of the cafeteria.

 

“Omo,  what’s wrong unnie?”  Yoona and Sunny put their bags down and headed over to Tiffany to give her a hug.

 

“Nothing really, I’m just sad about my party. Not that it wasn’t fun but I felt kind of lonely during my birthday. A lot of people were there and all but something just didn’t feel complete.  I mean,  I’m already used to celebrating my birthday without my family with me but, the thing is my girls weren’t complete and my boyfriend wasn’t there either, that’s all.” Tiffany sighed.

 

“Jeongmal mianhe Tiff, our grandmother got sent to the hospital last Friday that’s why oppa-deul and I couldn’t make it.” Sica apologized as she gave Tiffany a hug.

 

“Gwenchana, I’m complete glad we’re complete now though.” Tiffany laughed. “But your brother owes me an explanation for not picking me up and for not greeting me.” 

 

“Honestly, I’m actually surprised that my text got through to you because I barely got any reception out there. Yong oppa and Yunho oppa both went out of the hospital but they couldn’t get any reception at all.” Sica explained.

 

“Kaja, let’s get out of the caf, let’s go to the lounge instead. This place is getting a bit crowded and a bit noisier. We can talk more privately there at the lounge.” Taeyeon stood up as Sunny sent her the signal.

 


 

Lounge

 

“Aish. Hurry up damn it! Wait, Minho that doesn’t go there!” Yunho panicked as Sungmin informed everyone that the girls were on their way.

 

“Hyung?! You told me to put it here 15 minutes ago! Where am I really going to put this?!” Minho yelled back frustrated as Yunho took the cake from his hands.

 

“Yunho-ah, light the damn candles already!” Yonghwa instructed.

 

“I can’t exactly do that while I’m holding the cake with my two hands now can I? Oh wait, maybe I can use my third hand!” Yunho replied sarcastically.

 

“I’ll do it!” Onew offered.

 

“NO!” All the boys shouted in unison.

 

“I’ll do it.” Eunhyuk taking the lighter from the pouting Onew.

 

“Just go to the light switch and stay there once you turn off the lights Jinki-ah.” Eunhyuk instructed.

 

“Omo, Yunho hyung don’t forget your gift!” Jonghyun reminded.

 

“It’s with me hyung!” Key announced.

 

“They’re here!! Everyone to their places!” Taemin shouted as he hid behind a couch.

 

The boys hid in the dark lounge, behind couches, under tables, and hidden in corners while anticipating the arrival of the girls. A good 30 seconds passed before they heard the voices and the footsteps of the girl. The moment they heard the footsteps stop, they held their breaths and prepared their battle cry…

 

“SURPRISE!!” The boys shouted as Tiffany half shrieked in shock. They all proceeded to singing her a happy birthday while she was still practically frozen in place.

 

“OH.MY.GOD.” Tiffany said with an American valley accent. “What is this?” she laughed.

 

“Saengil chukahae jagiyah.” Yunho smiled. “I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to your party. I’m sorry I couldn’t greet you on time either. I had this set up to make up for me not being there.”

 

“Wow. I can’t even…thank you babe. Really, I don’t know what to say. This is even better than my party because all my girls are here, and you’re here.  Thank you, really.” Tiffany stepped closer to Yunho and wrapped her arms around his neck in a hug.

 

“Ow ow ow ow ow.” Yunho squirmed in pain as Tiffany loosened her grip on him. 

 

“Did I mention that my idiot brother fell from the tree and got scratches on his neck and back while trying to get reception?” Jessica asked as everyone laughed.

 


 

Tiffany blew out the candles in the pink cake that Yunho bought for her then Yunho gave her a necklace with a pink Swarovski crystal in the shape of a heart as his birthday gift. Yonghwa and Seohyun then sang a song while Yunho and Tiffany and the other couples danced in the middle of the room.

 

“When is my prince charming going to arrive?” Sooyoung sighed.

 

“Maybe he’s already here.” Key winked at her as he nudged her when he noticed her blushing. “Come on, let’s dance.” 

 


 

Yunho had a breakfast buffet set up in the lounge which everyone was thankful for because a lot of them, not including Sooyoung and Yoona, had to skip breakfast so they could get to school early in time to set up the mini surprise party for Tiffany. After they devoured all the food, they greeted Tiffany a belated happy birthday and went their own ways with the boys having another surprise party in mind.

 


 

JONGSICA

 

“Sica-yah, wake up, we’re going to be late for class.” Jonghyun poked the figure on the couch.

 

“Nnghh.” Sica grunted in reply as she blindly slapped his hand away from her.

 

“Seriously, Jung Sooyeon get your lazy up, we have to go!” Jonghyun shook her.

 

“Go away Dino.” Jessica muttered as she shifted her position on the couch turning her back on him.

 

“Aish. Come on Sicaaaa. Either you wake up now, get your off the couch and run to class with me or I grab all the cucumbers I can find in this school and dump it you to make you stand.” Jonghyun threatened.

 

“Before you find all the cucumbers in this school, you’ll be late as well. Either way you’re going to be late for class.” Jessica trolled.

 

“True, but I’m pretty sure there are cucumbers in the salad they were serving earlier in the buffet and I can tell you right now that the caterers haven’t packed anything up.” He smiled evilly and Jessica could swear that Kim Jonghyun was growing horns even though she wasn’t facing him.

 

“Aish. I’m up, I’m up.  Yeesh. All you had to do was ask nicely. No need for all the cucumber threats.” She sat up as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. “Carry me.”

 

“Bwo?!” Jonghyun stared at her.

 

“You heard me. I said, carry me. Since you were so rude waking me up.” She pouted as she crossed her arms in front of her chest like a child, narrowing her eyes at him.

 

“Aish. Whatever. You’ll get us late even if I let you walk because you won’t run anyway. Alright, hop on my back.” Jonghyun sighed as he gave her a piggyback ride as he put on his backpack backwards. “Bummie, Sooyoung, we’ll go ahead. See you later!” Jonghyun greeted while grabbing Sica’s bag as she waved from her position.

 

“You know, if you were just some girl I wouldn’t even consider giving you a piggyback ride.” He said with a frustrated sigh once they got to the hallway.

 

“Soooooo, I’m not just some girl for you huh?” She asked smugly with a blush slowly creeping to her cheeks.

 

“So what if you’re not just some girl to me?” Jonghyun asked, oblivious to what he just implied.

 

“Nothing.” Sica smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck tighter. “Look, the hallway’s empty! Run Dino! We might be late for class!” she laughed as Jonghyun sprinted to the classroom.

 


 

SOOKEY

 

“Piggy-yah, stop eating we’re going to be late!” Key scolded as he stared at Sooyoung in disbelief as she gobbled down her 2nd slice of apple pie.

 

“Gimme 5 more minutes, I want some of the banana cream pie too.” She her lips as she made her way to the buffet table where the caterers where starting to pack up.

 

“Yah, Choi Sooyoung! Andwae!” Key wrapped his arms around Sooyoung, lifting her up and spinning on his heel pushing her to the direction of their bags.

 

“Aish,” Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “Okay, diva.” She muttered as she grabbed her bag and threw Key his bag as well.

 

“Don’t worry piggy,” Key said as he opened the door for her.

 

“What?” She looked back at him slightly annoyed.

 

“I’ll treat you to lunch later…IF we’re not late.” He laughed.

 

“Then what are we waiting for? Let’s get to class!” Sooyoung smiled as she grabbed Key’s hand and started running to their classroom.

 


 

ONTAENG

 

"Taeyeon! Taengoo, wait!" Onew huffed as he struggled to catch up to his girlfriend, awkwardly adjusting the straps of the 2 bags he was carrying.

 

"Hurry up Dubu!" Taeyeon laughed as she ran backwards while watching Onew run like a little penguin. "It's your fault you can't run though, I told you my bag was heavy but you insisted on carrying it! But it's okay, you look cute when you run!"

 

"Aww, only when I run? Really Taengoo? Must I constantly run in front of you for you to think I'm cute?" He pouted, feigning sadnesss. "I can't believe you only think I'm cute when I-" Onew suddenly stumbled then fell flat on his face after he tripped, the 2 bags sliding off of his shoulders and falling to his side.

 

"Omo, Jinki!" Taeyeon gasped as she ran towards him. "Baby, are you okay?" She looked at him with concern resting her hand on the small of his back.

 

"I....I don't..." Onew suddenly stood up and grabbed the 2 bags, running as fast as he could away from his girlfriend. "Catch me Taengoo-ah!"

 

"I can't believe him. Aish." Taeyeon shook her head as she stood up from her postion preparing to chase after Onew.

 

"Last one to the classroom has to pay for ice cream later!" He suddenly shouted.

 

"You picked the wrong person to run for ice cream Lee! Yah, I want a banana split with hot fudge later make sure I get extra whipped cream okay!" Taeyeon ran as fast as she could. He may have had a head start, but he had 2 bags weighing him down. This Kim was definitely determined to get her free ice cream.

 


 

MINYUL

 

“A-annyeong Y-yuri sunbaenim.” A male sophomore stuttered as he bowed to Yuri and blushed when Yuri acknowledged him.

 

“You’ve got a hell of a lot of admirers you know that right?” Minho chuckled.

 

“Yah, don’t say that like YOU don’t have any as well. But I guess you’re right? But maybe that’s just because I’m a senior so a few people know me?” Yuri replied, unsure of the point of her answer.

 

“Ani,” Minho chuckled again. “It’s because you’re kind, beautiful, smart, and basically everything a guy would ask for if he had a girlfriend. Not to mention y too.” He smiled as he nudged her.

 

“Yah, stop sugar coating your words Choi.” Yuri laughed as she nudged him back.

 

“It’s true!” he defended. “But you know, guys like it too when their girlfriends have long hair they can sorta play with. It's like plus points.” He added matter-of-factly. "So you're still sort of lacking in that department.

 

“Well then I should grow it out now if guys like it that way, right?” She playfully asked Minho.

 

“Grow it out all you want Kwon. Don’t think I didn’t notice that you cut your hair. It’ll be a while before guys like you for your long hair.” He smugly replied.

 

“Aish, seriously Choi? I already have my hair tied in a ponytail and you STILL notice that I got my hair cut?” She laughed in disbelief.

 

“Duh. How can I not when I’m always looking at you? You just don’t notice me.” He stuck his tongue out at her. “Anyway, I’ll see you later during lunch arasso? Don’t be late Kwon!”

 

“Aish. Okay okay. Thanks for walking me here pabo. Now run Choi, you’re gonna be late for class.” She smiled as she playfully shoving his chest, laughing as he ran to his classroom. But I do notice you though. 

 


 

“Taeminnieeee.” Yoona whispered, getting the attention of the boy a few feet away from her. “Are you still mad at me for not going with you to the acquaintance party?” she pouted, resting her head on her arms.

 

“Hmm? Well, I guess not?” he replied half-heartedly.

 

“It’s been more than a week Tae, come ooooon.” She drawled.

 

“Yoong, can we talk a little later? I’m just a bit tired.” He replied with a sad tone.

 

“Okay.” She sighed.

 

Geometry class was going by so slowly and they had been discussing on how to prove theorems for the past hour and a half that even the teacher was getting tired and sleepy himself. Class was dragging on so damn slowly that the students were falling asleep. The teacher looked at the clock and decided to use up the remaining 15 minutes as his nap time and dismissed the class early. Half  of the class remained asleep while the other half decided to leave the room and have lunch early.

 

“Piggy-yah, wake up.” Key poked Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

“Yah. Why are you disturbing me when I’m sleeping?!” Sooyoung glared at him.

 

“Early lunch.” He replied shortly as he wagged his eyebrows at her cockily. “We got dismissed early, which is perfect because I’m already starving. Come on, my treat remember?”  He smiled.“Wake up the 2 love birds so we can go.”

 

“Omo, Yoona, Taemin, wake up! Early lunch! Come on, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go!” Sooyoung shook the two.

 

“Hmm…what was that unnie?” Yoona asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

 

“EARLY LUNCH, YOONA. Wake Taemin up, NOW.” Sooyoung instructed in a rush.

 

“Minnie, wake up! It’s lunch time!” Yoona cheered excitedly.

 

“The bell hasn’t rung yet, go back to sleep Yoona.” He replied with his eyes still closed.

 

“But we were dismissed early! Come ooooon.” She shook him.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m up.” Taemin sat up as he ruffled his hair.

 

“Kaja!” Sooyoung half screamed at Taemin and Yoona as she dragged Key out of his seat and out the door with Yoona doing the same to Taemin.

 

“Okay, caf then lounge as usual?” Yoona asked as she wrapped her arm around Taemin’s

 

“Actually…” Taemin stopped walking as he removed his arm from Yoona’s grasp. “SHINee has a meeting today. Right, hyung?”  He asked without letting Key answer. “Yeah. We have to meet somewhere today. Sooooo, how ‘bout we just meet later during Japanese class or maybe after our meeting ends or something. Here, you can have lunch with Sooyoung noona!” he stated quickly as he pushed Yoona towards Sooyoung. “I don’t think noona has anyone to go with since hyung is going with me. Alright, gotta go!” Taemin smiled and ran, dragging Key away with him.

 

“What the….what the heck was that?!” Sooyoung asked in confusion.

 

“Molla…I’m just as confused as you are unnie.” Yoona replied.

 

“Damn it. Key was supposed to buy me lunch today.” Sooyoung pouted.

 

“Mianhe unnie” Yoona pouted as well. “I think Taemin just dragged Key oppa away because he needed an excuse to not spend time with me or something.”

 

“Ani, don’t think like that Yoong. Why would he not want to spend time with you anyway?” Sooyoung asked as she slung an arm over Yoona’s shoulder as they walked to the cafeteria.

 

“I don’t really know.” Yoona sighed. “Unnie, do you think he’s still mad at me for going with Taec oppa to the acquaintance party instead of him?”

 

“Nah, I don’t think he’s that shallow Yoongie.” Sooyoung replied.

 

“But that’s the thing unnie. He isn’t. But he’s making me think otherwise. He’s been really cold to me the past week, even more today. I mean, he doesn’t even remember what day it is today.” Yoona ranted, obviously frustrated with Taemin’s behavior.

 


 

“Aish. Why is everyone dragging me today?!” Key asked in frustration.

 

“Sorry hyung. I just had to get out of there as fast as I could.” Taemin apologized.

 

“Waeyo, are you still mad at Yoona for going with Taecyeon sunbaenim?” Key asked.

 

“Ani. But, why is everyone asking me that though?! I'm not THAT shallow. Aish. Whatever. Here’s the thing  hyung, we’re meeting up with all the other hyungs at the rooftop to talk about setting up a surprise party. THAT is why we had to get out of there and leave the girls behind.” Taemin explained.

 

“Ohh, alright. But what’s the party for? I thought Yoona’s birthday was during the summer?” Key asked, half confused.

 

“Yeah, but it’s not her birthday we’re celebrating. It’s our anniversary.” Taemin replied.

 

“I thought you guys weren’t together?” Key asked, shock evident on his face.

 

“We’re not.” Taemin replied as he clenched his jaw, looking away. “It’s not like that hyung." he shook his head as he looked at Key again. "By anniversary, I meant like a friendship anniversary. She likes calling it a friend-a-versary.” He smiled. “I met her on the 4th of August when we were kids during one of Tiffany noona’s birthday parties. One day, she suddenly told me that she wanted to celebrate friend-a-versaries. I met her 12 years ago today, but this is just our 7th celebration. I figured since she liked the number 7 so much I could make this one extra special.” He smiled sheepishly.

 

“Aigoo, dongsaeng-ah.” Key smiled as he patted Taemin’s head. “Kaja, let’s make this one your most memorable friend-a-versary!” He cheered slinging an arm over Taemin’s shoulder as they ran to the rooftop to meet their other hyungs.

 


 

MEETING

 

“Sorry we’re late hyungs.” Taemin panted. “We kinda just ran away from Soo noona and Yoona.”

 

“Gwenchana Taemin-ah. Why don’t you and Key go sit down, you guys look tired.” Yunho laughed.

 

“Alright, so what are your plans?” Sungmin asked.

 

“Well, I already have the food and the decorations ready. I just have to confirm what food we’ll have with the caterers. And I also have Mr and Mrs Im’s permission to use the family room. But I don’t know what I can do to make this even more special.” Taemin replied sheepishly.

 

“What have you done for your past anniversaries?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“Well, I bought her ice cream during the first one, then I brought her to build-a-bear on the next, then the skating rink, the water park after that, the amusement park on the 5th one, aaaaaand I had a picnic set up in a park near the Han river last year.” Taemin answered as he recounted all the past ‘Friend-a-versaries

 

“Okay, so should you avoid anything related to those so there are no repeat events?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Or maybe you could sorta put those things together.” Onew suggested.

 

“Well, that’ll be hard if you think about the water park, the amusement park and the skating rink.” Eunhyuk mentioned.

 

“You can still have ice cream, I’m sure Yoona would like that.” Minho laughed.

 

“Make that Yoona AND Sooyoung.” Key said as everyone laughed.

 

“Actually, I was thinking of making it a pool party but I didn’t ask her parents if we could use their pool. My house isn’t an option anymore since I already had our driver send the stuff over to her place and it’ll just be a problem to bring ‘em back over to my place. And besides, I already brought her to the water park.” Taemin sighed.

 

“Wait, I have an idea! You can set up like a noraebang themed party for her! Everyone likes noraebang and we can probably go and borrow some clothes from the costume and props department so we can dress up when we sing trot and whatnot!” Onew suggested.

 

“Yeah, that’s a good idea Jinki.” Yunho laughed. “Also, how about changing the usual buffet catering to just sandwiches and just good ‘ol picnic food?”

 

“Yeah! Then we can scatter green confetti on the floor as fake grass then eat on blankets.” Yonghwa added.

 

“Taemin-ah, you can sing a song for her too!” Sungmin suggested.

 

“It’ll be easier for her to see you since everyone’s gonna be seated on the floor.” Said Jonghyun

 

“Okay, so noraebang + an indoor picnic. Sounds great hyungs! Oh, I can also give her a really big teddy bear!” Taemin smiled.

 

“How about super soakers and water guns?” Eunhyuk suggested with a grin.

 

“No man, we’re gonna get kicked out of the house by ahjumma Park if we get the family room wet.” Sungmin laughed.

 

“Alright, sounds like we’re done. Any other suggestions boys?” Yunho asked as the others shook their heads in reply. “Well then, let’s make this party happen!”

 


 

“Taeminnie, are you walking me home today?” Yoona asked sweetly as she wrapped her arm around Taemin’s.

 

“Hmm? What time are you going home anyway?” he asked in reply.

 

“Well, I’m going to finish my English report with Sunhwa later and it’s probably going to take at least an hour so maybe before 6?” she estimated.

 

“Oh, well then I guess I can’t. Mianhe Yoong, but SHINee hyungs and I have something important to talk about later and we have to rehearse for next week’s general assembly.” He apologized.

 

“But, isn’t it important for you to walk me home today? Can’t you leave practice early to walk me home? I mean, you guys never practice during weekends and your meetings never last really long..” Yoona replied in frustration.

 

“Look, Yoong, I’m sorry, really. But I don’t think I can walk you home today. Besides, I can always walk you home on Monday. Don’t think that I’m not going to walk you home because I’m mad at you for the party because I’m not, okay?. Today’s just like any other school day, except it’s a Saturday. I mean, today’s just for stupid makeup classes. What’s so important today that you want me to take you home anyway, I mean why does this day seem so important to you? What’s so special about today?” Taemin asked, acting oblivious about the date.

 

“Why is TODAY so important to ME? What’s so special about TODAY? You’re seriously asking me those questions?! You have got to be kidding me or so help me, Lee Taemin I will…” Yoona stopped herself when she noticed that Taemin looked genuinely clueless about what she was going on about. “You know what, I’ll just stop. It’s actually fine with me that you can’t walk me home today, but the fact that you don’t know why TODAY is so IMPORTANT TO ME is just…UGH! Talk to me when you figure out in that head of yours why this damn day is important to me.”  Yoona stomped off angrily.

 

“Mother of all Pororos. I am going to DIE if this party doesn’t turn out well.” Taemin squeezed his eyes shut as he turned around, hoping for good luck.

 


 

“UGH. Stupid Lee Taemin. Doesn’t even remember what today is. I can’t believe he forgot!" she stomped angrily to her locker. "What’s  so special  about today?” she mimicked him as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. “12 years and you forget. Nice going Lee. Ugh. Pabo. Pabo. Pabo. Pabo. Pabo.”

 

“Yoona!” Yuri suddenly called from behind her.

 

“Oh, hi unnie.” She greeted her dryly.

 

“Okay," Yuri flinced. "What’s wrong Yoong?” she asked, concerned.

 

“Taemin doesn’t remember what today is.” She spat out.

 

“Jinja?!”  Yuri asked in disbelief. “Maybe he just….You know what, never mind. Tell you what, how about we call the other 7 girls then let’s sleep over at your place and we’ll make Taemin guilty for forgetting about today. We’ll make him remember then we’ll make him so guilty that he’ll do whatever you want. Or, we could just watch sappy Romantic-Comedy movies like we always do when your parents are out during the weekend.” Yuri laughed.

 

“You know what unnie, the sleepover and the movie marathon sounds really good. I just don’t want to hear that boy’s name for now. I’ll just talk to him on Monday I guess.” Yoona huffed.

 

“Kaja, let’s call Taeyeon and the others first so they can get their stuff ready before we pick them up. In the meantime, let’s head to my house first so I can grab my stuff then let’s go to their places when they’re done fixing all their stuff.” Yuri hugged Yoona then they left the hall and headed to Yuri’s car.

 


 

“Are the picnic basket’s ready hyung?” Taemin asked as he put the cake on the table in the corner of the room.

 

“Just about done, I think. We’ve got 4 baskets filled with PB&J sandwiches, Nutella sandwiches and gourmet sandwiches from the caterers. Then there are about 3 baskets filled with different kinds of desserts from the caterers, pocky sticks and I brought a basket with strawberries and chocolate fondue.” Yunho replied.

 

“Okay. Nice job bringing the strawberries and the chocolate hyung.” Taemin smiled.

 

“Actually these were supposed to be for Fany and me…” said Yunho as Taemin stared at him. “What?" Yunho blinked at Taemin. "I’m just kidding man, there’s a lot don’t worry.” He laughed. “Are the others done with the karaoke equipment?”

 

“I hope so. There are already 3 of ‘em there. Although I don’t think Onew hyung and Eunhyuk hyung are being of any help to Yonghwa hyung.” Taemin laughed, looking slightly stressed.

 

“Taemin, the balloons are done and we already tied strings to them. Should we let them float to the ceiling now or should we wait ‘till they enter?” Sungmin asked.

 

“Ani, not yet hyung. We’ll shout surprise first then the party poppers THEN you let go of the balloons.” Taemin explained as Sungmin nodded.

 

“How are we so sure that they’re even going to be here? What if they sleep over at someone else’s place?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Simple, I told Yul that I saw Yoona and I heard that Taemin forgot about today. I told her that maybe all 9 of them should sleep over at her place so she wouldn’t feel so lonely because her parents weren’t here for the weekend.” Minho chuckled. “I’m pretty sure they’re going to sleep here because Yoona’s place is the only place where there are no brothers to bother them. I mean, there’s me at our place, Yunho and Yonghwa hyung at Sica noona’s place, you at Taeyeon noona’s place, Taemin at Sunny noona’s place, they won’t exactly fit in Fany noona’s condo, Jiyoung hyung at Yul’s place, Heechul hyung at Hyo noona’s place and Eunkwang hyung at Seo’s place.”

 

“I guess Yoona’s place is their brother free zone.” Key laughed.

 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and all the boys started panicking. They panicked even more when they heard ahjumma Park shout “Wait a minute!” to the visitors at the door. The boys finished their last minute preparations and started running to their positions. Sungmin and Eunhyuk ran to the ballons and prepared to let go of them, the SHINee boys, sans Taemin, grabbed a party popper each and went to the corners of the room as Taemin stood in the middle of the room wearing a shirt with the words “Happy friend-a-versary” written on it while holding a big bear with the same shirt. Yonghwa threw the last of the green confetti on the floor as Yunho turned off the lights.

 

“Why is it so dark in the family room?” Yoona muttered to herself as she went down the stairs to the family room with the girls in tow.

 

“Ahjumma Park, are the lights-“

 

“SURPRISE!!!” the boys shouted. The lights and were followed by 4 loud consecutive pops which made Sunny jump and cling to Sooyoung. All 9 girls stepped into the family room and took everything in. At least 30 balloons blocked their view and floated to the ceiling to unveil a family room decorated with streamers, a karaoke system set up, green confetti on the floor with red and white checkered blankets laid out with picnic baskets on top, a photo mosaic of Taemin and Yoona on a mini tarp at the back of the room, a big cake in front of the tarp, and a boy standing in the middle of the room holding a big teddy bear and wearing a shirt with the words “Happy friend-a-versary”.

 

“How could you possibly think that I would forget meeting a cute little girl in a yellow dress with pigtails 12 years ago today during Tiffany noona’s 7th birthday? You think I could ever forget that? Because I know I definitely cannot, will not and will never forget that.” Taemin smiled.

 

“I….I can’t believe it. So you did remember. You didn’t really forget. I….”

 

“Happy friend-a-versary Yoona.” Taemin smiled putting the big bear on the floor, giving Yoona a big bear hug and a peck on the cheek.

 

They spent the night eating on the picnic blankets and singing their hearts out on the karaoke sytem. The boys even dressed up and sang a few trot songs for the girls. When the night started to mellow, Sungmin and Yonghwa grabbed their guitars as Taemin sang his own version of SNSD’s My Best Friend to Yoona. After the song, the boys started sweeping away the confetti and setting up sleeping bags and blankets for the movie marathon which would happen after the gift giving. Taemin gave Yoona a silver chained bracelet with little charms on it which represented all their past friend-a-versaries while Yoona brought out her own gift which was an old cloak, which Taemin actually left at Yoona’s house when they were kids, where she put a timeline of pictures that they had from their first picture together to their latest selca a week ago. They finished the night with ‘A Walk To Remember’ playing, with much opposition on the side of the boys of course since the girls didn’t want to watch Saw 6. But all in all, the night was well spent as they all fell asleep in the family room while snuggled up in sleeping bags and blankets.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Sorry this took so long to retype ._____. My friends came over during the weekend and let's just say I got a really bad headache =))) Anyway, they left yesterday and I was able to type a bit before I fell asleep but now I've finished retyping it for you :D Someone please remind me to stop putting all my writing in my blackberry or my iphone =)) I don't really like how I wrote this one buuuut, I promise to fix my writing in the next one. My sembreak's almost over which means school on Monday and more stress :( I think I wanna go back to high school =)) Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed reading :)