Chapter 02

I love you, Kris Wu

I Love You, Kris Wu

 Chapter 02  

Claire woke up the next morning under Kris's covers. "Kris..." She sat up and looked around. Half his stuff was gone and there was a pink box on the floor. "Right." She whispered.

She left Kris's room after she changed into one of his t'shirts. "Morning." She said quietly. 

Her parents were sitting in the dining room with Kris's parents. "Claire...Are you doing okay?" Her mother asked as she patted the seat next to her. 

She nodded. "I'm fine." 

Kris's mother handed her a glass of orange juice. "I'm pretty sure he'll Skype you once he gets to China. Honey, don't cry so much okay? It's not pretty when a girl cries. Smile." 

His father put his newspaper down. "Aww, you're wearing his shirt. How come I never see Kris wearing your clothes?" The thought of Kris trying to fit into Claire's tiny shirts made her laugh. He smiled and continued reading the news. "I miss my boy too, I wonder how he's doing." 

"I'm happy he got to do what he wanted to and have fun." Claire said. 

"It's great how you're being optimistic hon, you've been together for 14 years basically, the next 4 years will feel like nothing." Her mother smiled. 

"Can't Kris visit?" Her father asked. 

Kris's mother shook her head. "He told me it was going to be 4 years of intense training and learning before he debuts. I never really knew he had a passion for performing."

It's because you're always on business trips...Do you even know anything about your own son? Claire thought. She sipped her glass of juice and excused herself. "I'm gonna go back...my phones there and I need to put my present away."

"If you need anything we'll be here okay?" Her mother said. "There's food in the fridge." 

 

Claire went up into Kris's room and grabbed the pink box and the angry bird stuffed animal. She walked into her house and stood in the middle of the living room. 

That's where we'd always fall asleep. She eyed the couch. Claire walked into the kitchen. He'd always bother me when I was cooking... She chuckled and looked at the counter. He'd prop me up on the counter and sent chills up my spine as he kissed me. Claire couldn't even walk into her own house without thinking about Kris. Her heart skipped a few beats. He told me he loved me here

Claire puffed up her cheeks. "I can't stop thinking about him." She noticed her MacBook's apple logo light up. Claire went over to her bed and opened it up. Her Skype was blown up with notifications. She opened the app and noticed Kris was on the other side, he had his head down and he was sleeping. Claire looked at the time. 02:56:02 He's been waiting for almost 3 hours. 

"Kris!" She said. 

Kris looked up and rubbed his eyes, his blonde hair was a mess as he look his hood off. "Claire! Babe, were you crying?" 

Claire touched her face.

"And why? I told you not to..." He pouted. "Is that my shirt?" 

Claire nodded. "Yeah, it is...I slept in your room yesterday."

"Did you get my present?" Claire moved her laptop and showed him the open box. "When did you take those pictures?" She asked.

"I always take pictures of you when you look pretty." Kris laughed. "I brought them to a shop and got it filtered and printed out like that. They were on my phone, some were fan taken though. Did you see the one where we were hugging? The photographer there edited it...It looks like a fairytale, the scenery." 

"A fairytale..." 

"Every princess and prince have to go through some troubles before they become king and queen." He winked. "In our case, no, I don't have to rescue you from a tower but hey, the only thing separating us is time and distance." He said. 

Claire laughed. "Are you talking about tangled?" 

"In tangled, the lovers were separated because of that tower, Cinderella was separated from prince charming because of her status and Sleeping Beauty was in a coma or something, I don't even know, but for us thunder buddies, it's just distance and time." 

"I miss you..." 

"I miss you too, you know what Chen said? Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel. Our love travels 1,266 miles...That's pretty far." He chuckled.

"What's it like in China?" 

"Lonely." Kris pouted his lips. "The guys are out and Chen is on the phone with Eunmi. We're meeting our manager tomorrow and we're also moving into our new dorms tomorrow. Today's my last day of freedom, my phone's getting taken away. My iPad, my laptop, everything." He sighed. "This might sound a little ghetto but...The only form of communication is writing a letter." 

Claire giggled. "Who does that anymore?"

"We do." 

 

"AAAAAHHHH." Claire screamed as she noticed something black a small crawling on her laptop. She stumbled off her bed and ran across her room. 

"Babe what's wrong?" 

"Spider...THERE'S A SPIDER ON MY LAPTOP..." She tensed up as she watched it walked around the keys. "Ew! I need to burn that one and get a new Macbook!" She whined. 

Kris laughed over the chat. "Hahahaha...a spider." 

"Why are you laughing?" She whined. "Agh, I don't know what to do...Can I leave?" She whined. 

"Why is it only walking on your keys and not anywhere else?" He grinned. 

Claire looked at the spider. Kris laughed when it stopped moving. 

"Is it dead?" She asked quietly. 

"Looks like it..." 

Claire inched closer and closer and grabbed a ruler that was on her desk. 

"Oh Claire Bear..." 

She picked it up and noticed it wasn't moving. "Hey it's dea- AHHHHHHHH." 

She screamed when the spider started moving in her hand. Claire was close to tears when Kris held up his phone. "It's a toy!! I could control it with my phone and everything." He laughed. "Chen gave it to me!" 

"UGHHH."

"I'm sorry baby."

"I HATE YOU KRIS WU."

"No you don't." 

Claire sighed and sat back down. "Whatever." She pouted and looked at the spider in her hands. 


✎Author's note 

❝Just a chappie to remind you guys that this is a romantic comedy ^o^ Don't cry ~ ❞