Chapter 26

I love you, Kris Wu

I Love You, Kris Wu

 

 Chapter 26

The day of the fashion show was quite exciting; Exo had already gotten there and sat in their reserved seats. Joe sat with them of course, right next to Lay. “Did you tell Claire anything? I know you’re done with filming and you’re on vacation. You’re chilling at Claire’s, did anything slip out?” Lay asked.

 

Joe flipped his hair. “Child, are you crazy? I would never do such a thing.” He pulled out his iPhone. “I’m a fan today, see? I got my fan cam with me. I wanna have her reaction in HD and according to my calculations, if I sit here and turn this way her face will show completely. Oh, she is gonna be so freaking happy!” He squealed.

 

Lay chuckled. “Cute.” He checked the time. “We’re performing in about two hours after Jason Derulo. I’m actually excited for the performance.” He admitted. “The last time we did this was …wow, when Claire first became an angel. It’s been five years.” He counted.

 

Joe turned his attention to the runway as the music started playing. Last week, during rehearsals, the models only wore the basics but this time it was the real thing and they got their whole outfit on. He was curious to see what Claire would wear. “I think it’s so weird that they make them wear wings when they’re trying to advertise that are covered by like all the accessories.” He judged as the first model walked down the runway.

 

“Oh please, wings are the only thing I’ve seen them wear. Flowing dresses with the front open, diamond back pieces, its crazy! But so pretty at the same time.”

 

“You would never see someone walk down the street with that on.” Joe pointed to a model wearing her bright pink bra and matching with a sweater.

 

“Oh you never know. People these days. Remember when you told me you saw Santa Claus walking down the street with boxers on in L.A during Christmas?”

 

Joe laughed. “That was comedy gold.”

 

The show dragged on, the proposal felt like it was never gonna happen. The models got quite antsy backstage because they were impatient too. The camera crew already knew what was going to happen so they knew how to catch the moment. Surprisingly, Claire didn’t notice how the girls were extra antsy. She thought they were just nervous before the show. It’s completely normal.

 

Little did she know, she was about to become Kris’s fiancé today. Only a small group of people knew, her parents at home who were watching the show live had no clue. Her reaction will be priceless!

 

Sehun jumped around back stage in excitement, not because Jason Derulo was performing “It Girl” and that it meant “Marry Me” would be next but the fact that Miranda Kerr was a few feet away from him. She was about to walk to the last chorus of “It girl” before a few models walked down the runway to “Marry Me”.

 

Alessandra turned to Adrianna and asked in Spanish “Do you think Claire will notice something weird? Like when Marry Me plays? Because Derulo practiced “Solo” during the rehearsals. She thinks she’s gonna walk down to “Solo”.”

 

Adrianna winked.”It’s fine. We’ll just send one of our angels to pretend to check with the audio guy, she’ll come back and say there’s something wrong with the track so this thing is playing.”

 

“Hope she won’t suspect anything.”

 

“Guys attention! Models who will be walking down the runway to Jason Derulo’s Solo, there has been a change. We don’t know what’s wrong with the audio so whatever plays, whatever song plays just walk with it. Okay?” The director said.

 

Adrianna and Alessandra grinned. “Well then…perfect.”

 

 

Claire turned to the nearby Exo members and tapped Chanyeol on the shoulder. “What did he say? I was getting my makeup touched up.” She said.

 

“Oh you’re walking down the runway for Solo right?” Chanyeol asked. “The audio’s not working so they don’t know what they’re gonna play and they can’t run the track right now because he’s just finishing ‘It Girl’ so whatever plays just walk with it.” He casually said. At this point, Exo was nervously fidgeting around as they hoped Chanyeol didn’t say anything Claire wasn’t supposed to know. Fortunately, at this point, Chanyeol was ready to get a degree as well!

 

“TEN SECONDS. ERIN STAND HERE, GUYS LINE UP. AND ERIN, GO.”

[A/N: Play this] 

‘Marry Me’ started playing as Jason Derulo started singing to it. It wasn’t long before Kris stepped out on stage and hid from the audience. He patiently waited for his part. Kris and Jason rehearsed this in private when the stadium was empty.

 

“And Claire go!”

 

 

 

Once Claire stepped out, she smiled and the crowd cheered. Amongst the crowd, Joe screamed the loudest. The camera man got ready as she started walking. Something caught her off guard when the voice singing the last chorus wasn’t Jason’s. It sounded different.

 

She walked halfway when someone caught her hand. Claire stopped and noticed Kris standing in front of her wearing all white. White skinny jeans, a white button down buttoned halfway. His blonde hair was swooped up.The gold chain on around his neck had a ring on it. What was happening? He had his Growl outfit on a couple minutes ago and wasn't his hair down and messy? 

 

She stared as he continued singing. “I’ll say will you marry me…I swear that I will mean it.” Kris started before finishing the song. The crowd cheered as Claire stood there in shock. Her eyes got teary as she put her hand over her chest in shock. “Oh my gosh…” She whispered.

 

 Kris got down on one knee and pulled out a pink little box. “Claire, will you marry me?”

 

She cried and nodded. The crowd screamed as Kris slipped the ring on her ring finger. He got up and walked her to the end of the runway where Claire flashed a smile and held up her hand as Kris pulled her close and kissed her temple. “I love you.”

 

Claire turned to him and hugged him tightly before kissing him. “I love you, Kris Wu.” 


✎Author's note 

❝ Yay Kris for proposing without ting himself! 

As "I Love You, Kris Wu" is winding down, please check out my new fanfic starring Baekhyun and you : Demons

Find me on Facebook | Tumblr |Find me on instagram: @heyitsivysaur