Chapter 10

I love you, Kris Wu

I Love You, Kris Wu

 Chapter 10 

Claire shook her head and slipped her phone in her pocket. 

“No way…” She whispered to herself. Kris wasn’t cheating on her, was he? She frowned and got up.

Joseph walked out of the bathroom with a towel over his head and flinched when Claire’s door slammed. “Sheesh. What happened to her?” He mumbled as he walked to the fridge. “Someone needs to tell me why I’m eating chocolate cake at three in the morning.” Joe said as he sat on the couch and flipped through the channels. “Man, if mom was here she’d slaughter me.”

Claire walked out of her room the next morning to see a half Joe passed out on the couch. There was a half eaten tub of ice cream on his stomach that melted and chocolate on his cheek. “Oh God.” She said as she walked closer. The spoon was on the floor and Joe seemed so knocked out he didn’t feel the coldness of the ice cream against his abs.

“Hey this looks like one of the photo shoots I’ve seen.” Claire chuckled as she remembered a male model that was covered in ice cream. “Why waste perfectly good ice cream for a photo?” She asked herself. Claire picked the tub of ice cream off and threw it in the garbage can. “Joe, what am I gonna do with you?”

She had an idea.

 

“Alex?” Claire said as someone on the other line picked up.

“…Hi who is this?” A girl said, she sounded really annoyed too.

“I’m Claire…Can I speak to Alex?” She asked.

“Um, who are you- CLAIRE?” She was cut off by Alex’s voice. “OH HEY YOU. HOW MAY I HELP YOU SWEETHEART?”

“Can you come over?” She asked sheepishly.

“Anything my dear.” He hung up and practically raced here in a matter of minutes.

DING DONG

“Oh hey.” Claire opened the door and found Alex standing there with two pink roses. “Erh…”

“This is for you.”

“Thanks?” Claire looked at the roses and was pretty sure he picked them from her neighbor’s yard. “I kinda need you to clean up Joe. He’s knocked out on the couch.”

Alex leaned over and peeked into the living room. “Not before I take a picture.” He pulled his phone out. “Blackmail.” He winked.

“I’ll be in my room.” She said.

“You okay?” Alex noticed the sudden change in expression.

“Yeah, just tired.” Claire lied. Honestly, she was thinking about Kris the whole time. It broke her heart thinking that there was another girl in China that he liked.

 

A couple hours later, she heard a groan coming from Joe’s room. “Claire?”

She peeked in. “Yes? Oh what’s wrong?” Joe was under the covers shivering. His eyes were puffy and his nose was red.

“I have the flu.” He said quietly. “And my head hurts. And my throat is killing me. And I’m coughing. And I’m sneez-“

“I get it. What do you want?”

“I don’t want to eat anything…Can you make me soup?”

“What kind?”

“Huh?” He squeaked.

“American? Korean? Chinese?”

“…Hm…Surprise me.”

“Kimchi stew it is.” She said before leaving.

 

“Claire you can’t cut class…” Joe croaked.

“I’ll tell you dad why I cut. You have a 103 degree fever, I’m not leaving you alone here!” Claire said as she checked his temperature.

Joe smiled. “Kris was right…you are selfless.”

The thought of Kris made her frown a little.

“Ugh! Just eat your stew and call me when you’re done.” Claire walked out of his room.

Joe sat up and reached for the bowl. “Sometimes she scares the hell out of me. Why do girls change moods so damn easily?”

 

A couple days later when Joe recovered from the flu, Tao came over to visit.

 

DING DONG

Joe was on the couch resting, sneezing and coughing for a week straight really drained him. “Ah…Someone’s here. Probably Alex…Dammit I don’t want to get up.” He whined.

Claire sighed and got up. “I’ll get it.”

She opened the door to see Tao with his Gucci book bag. “Claire!”

“Oh my God! Hey!!” She gave him a hug.

 

Tao hugged her back tightly and they stayed like that for a few minutes. He looked down. Claire was fast asleep and she was really hot. He touched her forehead and she was burning up.


✎Author's note 

❝Oh no! Claire's sick :( But she's not the only one ;-; *coughs* 

Leave a comment ! 

By the way, I have a new story out: Click here please