Chapter 01

I love you, Kris Wu

I Love You, Kris Wu

 Chapter 01  

Claire tries her best to smile happily as she watches the van drive away, just when the van disappears in the distance, she sits on the floor and covers her face. 'I hate you, Kris Wu'  That phrase floats around her head. "That was one of my favorite things to say to him..." She whispers. She smiles and looks up at the sky. "Maybe faith didn't want us together, maybe we weren't meant to be together after all, maybe best friends aren't supposed to fall in love." She smiles a little before her expression darkens, she breaks down into tears again. It hit her; the fact that Kris and her wouldn't be able to contact each other for a long four years. 

Claire buried her head in her arms as she released her feelings. She looked up when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

It was Kai, Kai was there and he was holding a pink box that had two cups of froyo sitting on top of it.

She sat up and wiped her tears away. "What are you..." Then she realized the familiar hand writing on the pink box. 'To: Claire Bear

Kai nodded and set the box down. "Kris sent me here." He explained. "He told me he was leaving today and, he told me to come cheer you up." Kai held out his phone and showed Claire the text.

 

______________✉______________

Kai, it's Kris, I need you to help me with something. 

Oh uh, hey, Kris...

Yeah I know, kinda awkward since, Claire.. Haha. Anyway, erm, are you free tonight?

I don't have practice today, so what's up?

That contest SM entertainment was holding, Exo M won; my group won and we accepted. I'm leaving to China tonight and won't be back for a while. 4 years to be exact. I know Claire's going to be so unhappy that's why I texted you. 

Speaking of texting, how'd you get my number? 

When Claire was sleeping. Don't tell her that, hehe. Anyway, I know she's really happy when she's around you and I'm pretty sure she'll need someone to talk to after I leave. There's a present in my room that I want you to give her, the front door of my house is usually unlocked until midnight so...

My parents already know about this. Can you get the present and give it to her after I leave? 

That's really sweet, she's real lucky you know? I'll get it to her. Anything else? 

Actually, yeah, she loves froyo more then anything, heck, if she was allowed she'd eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner. There's a frozen yogurt place at the end of my block. She likes the mango flavor with strawberries, blueberries,mangos,mochi and sprinkles as toppings. I'll leave a 50 dollar bill on top of the present. 

Nah, I got it covered. Good luck in China though.

You sure? Thanks man. Look after Claire, will ya?

I'll check on her and bring her out to froyo every now and then.

Thanks...really. 

Hey, no need to thank me, Claire's important to me too. :) 

______________✉______________

 

Claire chuckled and sniffed a little as she fought back the waterfall of tears that were trying to escape from her eyes. "That's...Kris..."

Kai slung his arm around her shoulder and patted her arm. "Cry if you need to, it'll feel better. It's not good to hold in your feelings." He said quietly. 

Claire covered her face and cried her heart out. "I guess not all girls are pretty criers." Kai teases. Claire broke out into a little smile as she playfully reached over to hit him lightly. "Hey!" She said.

"I'm kidding, let's eat the yogurt before it melts away." Kai gave her the cup that said Claire Bear on it. 

Claire smiled as she spooned a bit of strawberry yogurt into . It reminded her of Kris. It reminded her of all the times they went out for frozen yogurt even before they were a couple. Memories of Kris smudging yogurt on her cheeks ran through her head, memories of them laughing at the yogurt shop replayed constantly in her head, everything they did, it was there...In  her head. 

She put the cup down halfway and stood up. Taking a deep breath, she looked around. "What time is it?" 

"1..." 

"You should get home, it's getting really late." Claire said. 

Kai nodded. "Will you be okay?" 

"I will...I promise." She mumbled.

"If you need anything, you have my phone number. Call it okay?" Kai said. He picked up the pink box and held it out to her. "Open it when I'm not here." He smiled and hugged her gently, patting her back, he said "Everything will be okay, don't think about it too much." 

Claire nodded and held the box. She waved good bye as Kai walked down the street. 

Play this

Claire dug into her pocket and found the key to Kris's house. She unlocked the door and found his parents sitting in the living room. "Claire! Kris left already..."

She nodded. "I know." She said with a sad smile. 

His mother hugged her. "Oh Claire..." 

"Are you okay?" His father asked. Claire nodded. "I'll be fine, can I...spend the night?" 

"The gue- Kris's room is-"

"Second floor, fourth door down." Claire said. 

 

She went into his room and closed the door behind her. This scent was still there, she set the box down and laid on his bed. Claire hugged his pillow and cried until tears didn't flow anymore. "I miss you...so much." She hiccuped. Claire eyed the box on the floor. She opened the present. 

There was a sweater, it was Kris's. She hugged the sweater close to her, his scent was there and that was something she loved about him. Claire put it on and put her hands in the pockets. A card came out. 

Claire Bear, I know you're never fully dressed. You don't really like winter huh? Keke, wear this and stay warm!

                      Love you, Krease Bear 

She smiled and put the card down. She emptied the box onto the floor and noticed an eye catching envelope. She pinked up the mini pink envelope. My favorite things about her was written on the front. Claire opened it up and a pile of photos came out. They were photos of her. "When did he take these..." She whispered as she looked at all of them. 

There was one where Claire was smiling. 

Her smile.

There was another one where she was smiling.

Her dimple. 

There was one where Claire was laughing. 

Her laugh. 

There was one where she was sleeping.

How incredibly angelic she looks when she sleeps. 

One where she looked mad.

Her mad face. 

There was a picture of Claire's hands, they were grabbing onto something.

The way she clings onto me when we sleep together. 

One where she was wearing Kris's t-shirt

When she would wear my clothes 

There was one where she was winking.

Her beautiful eyes.

There was one where it was just a picture of Claire. 

Everything. 

The last one was a picture of Kris kissing a sleeping Claire on the cheek.

I love you, Claire Bear 

 

Claire covered , tears ran down her face again. "Oh my God, Kris..." 

She looked around, there was a pink iPod. She unlocked it and looked at the screen, there was a picture of Kris and Claire hugging. It was fan taken but it looked great. There was an app called play this, it was the only app in the iPod. She played it. It was audio of Claire sleep talking. Kris had woken up just to talk to her.

"Baby? Are you awake?"

"Kris go away..."

"I love you."

"Go away."

"I love you."

"Go away."

"I love you."

"I love you too.........Go away." 

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Idiot." She mumbled. Lastly, there was a giant red angry bird. This is me, I have you...Hug it when you miss me. Claire read the tag on it and laughed a little at the resemblance.  

 

Kris sighed and put his head against the window as he watched all the scenery pass by. He stared at his iPhone which had no battery. "I'm so stupid." He said to himself. He dug into his pocket and took out his wallet, he looked at the selca he had of Claire. "I miss you, Claire Bear." 


✎Author's note 

❝Are you sad? Because I am! I didn't think I'd cry this much while I wrote this chappie, lol <- fail. Anyway, leave a comment!❞