11.

Lust Or Love ?

I try to stay as neutral as possible while I nod and slowly make my way to where Kai is sitting. I have to fight the urge to run into his arm and hug him. He looks so sad, but he still looks so handsome..

 

"Y-Yes.. I came. But I didn't come to forgive you right away." I sit down and look at him. "I came because I wanted you to say the truth. That's all I want." Kai bits his lip and looks down.

 

"S-So even if I tell you I love you, and I really do, you wouldn't take me back..?" I lay my head on the wall and look in front of me to avoid his desperate look.

 

"I don't know Kai.. I'm sorry.."

 

'You don't know how I want it so much, but I can't do it.. What if you play with me again? It would be worse than that...no?'

 

-----

AUTHOR'S POV

 

Baekhyun finally joins his friends after he'd taken a walk around the school. He didn't know he would be so affected by all the situation. He is so sad for Kai, but he knows he can't really do anything for it. Kai's past is still haunting him. It kept him away from real love until now, but she fears him because of it. Actually she doesn't even know what happen.

 

'How come Kyungsoo never told her? Maybe she would have understood.. Or maybe even Kyungsoo is scared to face the truth..'

 

Baekhyun finally arrives near the table the four of them usually sit at. Chanyeol and Sehun are there, sitting awkwardly as they have nothing to say to eachother.

 

"Did you give back her phone?" Chanyeol asks as soon as he sees Baekhyun. He takes the time to sit in front of them before he answers his friend.

 

"Yeah.. I did. I also told her to go see Kai.. I don't know if it will help but.. I think she needs to know the truth."

 

"By the truth, you mean the fact that Kai only used her because he swore it?" Sehun asks, frowning.

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and sighs. "No, idiot! I can't believe you didn't even notice in what state Kai was when you saw him in that hallway!"

 

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun and frowns too. "Well yeah, we saw it. But you shamelessly told us to go away. He was crying."

 

"And I know that.." Sehun begins "..the last and only time Jong In cried was when-"

 

"Yeah yeah we know that!" Baekhyun interrupts him before he says too much. "But you still don't get it? The first time Kai ever cried was because he lost the girl he loved, right?"

 

"So you mean that that night too, he was crying for the same reason, but because of Sunji?" Chanyeol asks.

 

"Yes! Exactly! Oh thanks god at least one of you understood!" Baekhyun raises his arms in the air and sighs.

 

"Uh no.. Actually I still don't get it.."

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and hits his head on the table. "HE LOVES HER, IDIOTS"

 

"Oooooooohhhhh I see..." Chanyeol and Sehun say at the same.

 

Baekhyun sighs and stands up. "I'm leaving." And he just walks away despite his friends' complains.

 

-----

SUNJI'S POV

 

 

Kai frowns and looks at me. "I don't understand you, Sunji.. You say you love me, b-but then, even if I tell you and prove you I really love you.. You don't want to hear about it?"

 

I sigh and bit my lip. "K-Kai.. How can you expect me to accept to date you when I'm not sure of you're only using me! The things I've heard-"

 

"But I asked you to listen to me! I told you it's not what you think but you kept on ignoring me! How could I explain it to you if you weren't even there to listen to me!"

 

"Well I'm here now. So explain it to me. Tell me why."

 

Kai takes a loud and deep breathing and looks at me. "What Sehun said, at the begining, i-it was true.. I know I'm awful, I've been such an horrible liar. But then I realized that I fell for you. I really fell in love with you and all the things I've told you, they were true! Please, believe me.." He looks at me with so much pain in his eyes. I close my eyes and try to think but I can't, so I just stay quiet and look down. "Y-You don't believe me..?" I open my mouth to say something but I can't say anything. I don't know how to react at this. What am I suppose to say anyway?

 

'That I love him? But it can't be that easy. What if he invented everything? I don't know what do to do.. I need time..'

 

I stand up and bit my lip. He stands up too, still looking at me as he tries to catch my eyes but I avoid his gaze. "S-Sunji.. I love you, I really do! Please, tell me you still love me.. Because you do.. R-Right?" He takes my chin in his hand and turn my head so I face him and I finally look at him. I just look at him. His eyes are so beautiful, but full of sadness. I feel like I could drown myself in them, and just look at them forever.. And..


I shake my head and my eyes become teary again, but this time I really can't hold it and tears slowly run on my cheeks. "I-I don't know Kai.. I'm so sorry.." With that, I quickly move back and run away before he can hold be back, letting him alone, heartbroken, once again.