Break free.

Scared


 

From: Kris

Would you like to have lunch with me? ;)

 

Yoona read the text, still thinking if she'll go. Hesitatingly, she was about to reply when someone snatched her phone away.

 

"What the--Zhang Yixing! What do you think you are doing!? And how the hell did you got in my office?" Yoona stood up from her chair and chased Yixing around, who's crazily typing something on Yoona's phone. When done, he threw the phone at Yoona, and luckily, she was able to catch it.

 

"Damn you, pegacorn." Yoona glared at the boy, and opened her phone's sent items. "Okay, what the hell Yixing. I was about to ditch the date!" Yoona frustratingly said. It's not like she doesn't want to attend the date, but she doesn't feel like going out today.

 

"You're going to attend it Yoong. You need to have an hour out from work." He threw himself on the sofa, and looked at Yoona. "You know, you need to stop overthinking. Just go on this ing date and go with the flow. Easy as 1-2-3." Yoona just sighed and threw a fake flower from the vase near her at Yixing. He just chuckled and stuck his tongue out, making Yoona more furious. 

 

"You're going to pay for this, Yixing."

 


 

"So, what would you like to order, Yoona?" Kris held up the menu,  while Yoona did the same. She feels awkward in this lunch date, but she have no choice but to go, thanks to her best friend. 

 

"A steak would do. And lemon juice for the drink." Yoona smiled gently at Kris, making his heart stop for a bit. He did not know but he left his cheek burn, and felt shy around her. He ordered, and soon entertained Yoona with some questions,

 

"It's a good thing you're free today." Kris stated. When the order came, Kris was the one who assisted Yoona on her utensils. Yoona had a small smile in her lips, thinking that this date might work for Kris was truly a gentleman.

 

"Yes, it was really a good thing. Well, maybe I needed an hour break from work?" Yoona chuckled and started eating. The food was great, indeed. But it was their conversation that made it more special. They talked about some things in life, like what would they be if they aren't what they are now.

 

"I think I would be sports car driver instead of being a car company owner." Cars had always been his interest, but his mother strongly disagreed on him being a race car driver, for it was kind of dangerous. "Or a soccer player, maybe?"

 

"Hmm. Maybe I would either be a flight stewardess or an idol if I weren't a CEO in our company." Yoona smiled. It was quiet a bitter one, yet she managed to make it look like her normal smile. 

 

"Oh, you're dream seems to be far from what you are today." Kris knows how she feels, yet amused by the fact that she's actually good in hiding the bitterness on her remarks.

 

"Yeah. I once auditioned in SMent. Yet, my father did not allow me to train for he was expecting me to run this damned company." Yoona chuckled, and recalls that pitiful day her father strongly turned down all her hopes on becoming an idol.

 

*

 

"Im Yoona! I told you you'll be running our company and not be a puppet controlled by someone else! I did not raised you properly to be manipulated!" Yoona was expecting this, but her father's remarks were just too much for her heart to bear.

 

"I just want to try dad. And if it won't work, I'll be running our company--"

 

"No. You're not going to train, and you're definitely not going to be an idol."

 

*

 

"It was hard at first, but I soon learned to accept this. But it is still kind of hard for me to control lots of hotels, restaurants and some other businesses at a very young age." Yoona took a glance at her watch, and soon realized that she's going to be late. "Well, I guess I have to get going now Yifan. It was nice to eat lunch with you."

 

"Mind if I take you there?" Kris was ready to get his car keys when Yoona stopped him.

 

"I don't want to be a bother. I'll get going now. Goodbye." She was about to walk away, when Kris grabbed her wrist. Deja vu.

 

"Break free."

 

 


 

Author's Side

I just want to thank all of you for your heart-warming comments. I was actually having a bad day when I saw your comments. I was not really expecting this story to have some good feedbacks and I was thankful to all of you for supporting this story. I will try my best to update as often as I could. Enjoy reading!