Take it slow.

Scared


 

"Yoona, meet Luhan. He's the only son of Mr. and Mrs. Xi, one of the major stockholders in our company." Yoona sticked her hand out, gesturing Luhan to shake hands with her. Hesitatingly, Luhan took her hand, which gave him some sparks, causing him to flinch at the sudden touch.

 

"Anything wrong, Luhan-ssi?" Yoona asked. Luhan just shook his head and took a seat beside Yoona. Today, their family decided to have some 'family date' to get each other personally.

 

"So, Mr. Xi. I heard that Luhan has been running the South Korean branch of your company?" Mr. Im asked. While waiting for their order, the families decided to have a little chitchat.

 

"Yes, he had been running it for over a month." Mr. Xi patted Luhan's shoulder, showing that he is proud of his son. (A/N: So, the table is circular in case you're confused. ;) )

 

"Same goes to my Yoona. Since her older sisters have been working on their own path, Yoona decided that she would be the one to take over the company." Half-lie. Yoona remembered the time when her father told her that she's going to run the company, whether she likes it or not. 

 

*

 

"Yoona, you'd be taking over the company after you graduate." Mr. Im toughly stated. Yuri and Victoria decided to create a path of their own, leaving Yoona no choice but to run the company by herself. Her hands were shaking, and tears started b on the corner of her eyes, but she needed to hide the fear that resides inside her.

 

"B-but dad. Maybe you can entrust the company to another employee or to someone from our family--" 

 

"I am not entrusting our company to someone not from my family. It's  final, Im Yoona. You're going to reign the company, whether you like it or not."

 

*

 

"Excuse me. I need to go to the comfort room." Yoona excused herself at the now 'so-happy' people on their table. She hated reminiscing that moment. Yes. She is strong. But at that time, she felt helpless. She just shrugged off that thought and retouched her make-up.

 

"Bothered about something?" Yoona nearly jumped because of the man who spoke just behind her. She looked at the side and saw Luhan casually leaning on the wall, with his hands on his pocket and looking at her straight in the eye. She avoided her gaze and started walking when he spoke again. "You know I am bored with all these adult talks." He walked into Yoona, grabbing her hand and dragging her to their table.

 

"Mind if we go somewhere? You know young ones need to have their time too." Their parents looked at them, at the same time noticing their intertwined hands. Yoona just looked away blushing, while Luhan just patiently waited for their answer."

 

"Just bring her back in one piece then we're good."

 

 


 

"What are we doing in the Han river, Luhan?" It might sound ironic (how Han river and Luhan sounds alike), but Yoona was still confused on what they're doing at the Han river. On the night. With lots of couple surrounding them. "Aren't you getting awkward with all these couples doing some 'lovey-dovey moment' around us?"

 

"Do you want us to be like them?" Luhan teasingly said, earning a groan from Yoona. She frustratedly dropped her bag on the grass, and sat down. Luhan followed her and sat beside her. "Don't you want to be here? I mean, it's peaceful here you know?" He took a glance at Yoona, who is currently looking at the river. Yes, she is absolutely stunning, but there's something in her that makes him intrigue of her personality."

 

"I'm not going much to these kind of places. I don't think I have time to go here though." She started fiddling with the grass, and throws it at the wind.

 

"It's good to just stop and appreciate everything that is around you." Yoona did not know but she wanted to listen to his next words. "Sometimes, when you just go too fast, you miss the greatest things in life." 

 

"But when you're a businessman, you need to be fast. Or else you'll be out of the trend."

 

"Tell me Yoona. When was the last time you did something that made you feel utterly happy?" Yoona fell silent. "Sometimes, you just have to go slow and enjoy things. You'll never know when they're gone." A comfortable silence went after their short converstion, making the both of them just contented of the prescence of each other. 

 

 


 

It was not bad. She was not bad as he thought she is. Luhan just brought Yoona home, and fortunately, no quarreling occured during their small 'hang-out'. He unvoluntarily smiled when he remembered the first time he had met her.

 

"Yah, what happened to you Lu? Are you sick? Why are you smiling by yourself?" Kris asked. He is currenly at the Xi's mansion, where Luhan decided to spend the night away.

 

"Nothing Kris. I just thought that Yoona wasn't as bad as I thought she was." Luhan chuckled. Kris looked at him amusingly, as if he saw his favorite cartoon show revived. "What's with look?"

 

"Nothing. I just thought that your actual first impression of her was 'she is horrible', that kind of thing." He received a smack on the arm by the blonde man.

 

"Hey. It wasn't horrible, it was just bad."

 

"It's the same Luhan." Kris laughed, but abruptly stopped when her thought of something. "Hey man, don't tell me you're interested in her?" Luhan raised his eyebrows and it was his turn to laugh.

 

"She's not my type, okay?" Kris made a loud 'tsk' and smacked Luhan's head.

 

"Then we're good. Just remember Lu, she's mine." Kris teasingly said, patting his friend's shoulder. And somewhere inside Luhan's heart, there was an uncomfortable feeling on what Kris had just said.

 

 


 

Author's Side

So, I would just like to thank all my fellow subscribers! I won't be able to mention you all, but deep inside my heart I am gratefully thanking all of you for subscribing in my story. So, this chapter was more focused on LuYoon. I don't know but I just loved it when I was writing this chapter. Anyways, enjoy reading o/