Flashback.

Scared

 


 

Seoul National University Hospital, Jong-ro, Seoul. 30th of May, Year 1990. 

"What a beautiful daughter you've got there, Junghwan." Xi Liao said. Im Soomi just gave birth to a healthy baby girl, with wide doe eyes, a pretty nose, thin lips and a small face. "Well, she got her features mostly from her mother." The people on the room bursted out laughing, teasing the older Im who seems to be thinking of something. "Hey, aren't you going to take a look at your little angel?" 

 

"Liao. Can I see your baby boy?" Im Junghwan said, making the Chinese man confused. "He was born right before my daughter right? Come on, let me see him. I want to see how my future son-in-law looks like." Both the men chuckled, and made their way to the nursery room. They asked the nurse to move the curtain, so they can see how Liao's son looks like.

 

"Xi Yuan. He has a nice name, Liao. Shall I name my daughter next to him, eh?" The older man chuckled. He touched the glass and pointed to another crib.

 

"There's my other son, Xi Luhan.

 

"You're lucky you've got twins, Liao." 

 

"More than lucky, Junghwan." His smile suddenly faltered. "But, Yuan's got some serious illness. And the doctor says he's not going to last long." He sadly looked at his son, who's at the brink of his death. No one knows when, and he doesn't want to know. "I would love to see the both of them live happily and grow together, but sadly, one of them is fated to die. Happiness does not last long, Junghwan." 

 

"Let's just pray that the doctors are wrong. Liao. Miracles do happen. Just trust and have some hope." Junghwan patted Liao's back and they went back to the room where Soomi is admitted.

 

 


 

"Yoona. Im Yoona." Those words automatically came out of Junghwan's mouth once he was asked what is going to be the name of her baby girl. Young Victoria and Yuri went to hug their mom, and patted Yoona's hair. Soomi smile at Junghwan, and he gladly returned it.

 

"Yoon." All went to look at Yuri, who just accidentally spoke her first word. The couple was so happy, that even Victoria went to hug her little sister tightly and gave her some candies. "Yoon yoon." Yuri repeated those words, and the Im family was so happy about how they finally came up with Yoona's name and Yuri's first word.

 

Their little gathering was disturbed when the door opened, so loud that it made the family shock. "He's dead. Yuan's dead."

 

 


 

"I give you my condolences, Liao. Yuan could have lived longer, and Luhan could have had a big brother to look up for. I'm so sorry for what happened." The Im family went to the burial of Yuan, who just died because of some complications on his organs. Xi Mei had been staying beside her son's coffin, for it was so hard for her to watch her son die before her.

 

"She has been staying there overnight. She refuses to eat, she doesn't want leave his side. This is so hard for the both of us." Liao looked at his wife lovingly, but sadness can be seen through his eyes. "If she continues being like this, she might get sick. I can't bear to lose her too, Junghwan."

 

"Have faith Liao. He might be gone, but he'll always be watching over you." 

 

"Yuan's dead now. Are we still going to do the deal?" Doubt can be clearly heard on Liao's voice, and he hopefully looked at Junghwan. Junghwan then patted his shoulder and shook his head.

 

"I'm not going to force our children to be together just because it is how we want it to be. If they're meant to be, then so be it."

 


 

Author's Side

/hides in the corner; I am sorry for such a crappy update. There's not much LuYoon here, since it's their past. But for me, I really liked this chapter. This might not be the most important part in this story, but it affects the decisions that are going to be made on the next chapters. And I just want to tell you all that it's just gonna be 5-7 chapters before this story ends. And I have a new story to be published soon. Teehee. Sorry for some grammatical errors bcs I am so lazy to proofread it. Huahua. And btw, I changed my name from -yoonanymousx to yoonqiee- e u e

[ OMG I DIDN'T NOTICED THIS CHAPTER WAS HIDDEN ASDFGHJJKL SORRY ;O; ]