NO TURNING BACK

StarCrossed Lovers [R]
GDRAGON’S POINT OF VIEW

“Ah home!” SeungRi plopped on the floor at JiYong’s feet.

YoungBae slouched into a corner with his iPod headphones in his ears and his hoodie pulled over his head. His eyes closed as he let the music take over his mind.

SeungHyun locked himself in his bedroom. DaeSung sat besides SeungRi and laid against his shoulders as he flipped lazily thru the channels.

I watched as Naomi sat on the other side of the couch. She glanced shyly at me and I moved closer to her.

“Give me your hands.” I reached out for them.

She giggled pouting. “Why?”

“I didn’t tell you? I’m a psychic.”
“No way.” She arched her back placing her small hands in mine.

“Cute.” I smiled at her pink nails and she rolled her eyes.

I stared into her eyes for a moment and she stared back. I her soft hands looking down. My hands were so pale in comparison to her brown skin.

NAOMI’S POINT OF VIEW

I stared down at our hands. His hands were thin and had a beautiful translucency to them. They were amazingly soft and warm and fit mine to a tee.

His nails were polished but red around the edges. ‘He bites his nails.’ I thought as he slowly turned my hands around palms up.

I smiled slightly realizing this superstar holding my hands had physical flaws.

“Well?” I whispered and looked up into his eyes. I didn’t realize how close we were, my legs were practically crossed in between his.

“Well…something is telling me that…you’re stuck in between something. You’re really into one, but halfway into the other…”

I let the words flow out like lyrics. “And you know that if you move without thinking, you’ll leave everything you worked hard for. But sometimes moving without consulting the rest of your body is the only way for you to be free.” Her eyes widened and I stared into her eyes.

“Wow…” she breathed and I let go of her hands.

“He’s good huh?” DaeSung glanced up and saw our eyes still locked on each other and he coughed.

“Huh?...oh yeah he is.” She tor her eyes away from me and smiled at DaeSung.

“I uh…need to use the restroom…” she said quickly and I pointed down the hall.

“Go ahead.”

YoungBae sighed staring he in the eyes and I cringed. “Bae don’t look at me like that.”

“What was all that about?” SeungRi looked up at me from the floor and I ignored him.

“Ji be careful…” YoungBae whispered as I walked past him. I stared down at him and he stared back, concerned.

“She doesn’t want me…” I whispered back and his face changed.

“You really think that.” He raised an eyebrow. “Your being modest.” He seemed surprised.

“Yeah well…” Naomi walked back and our conversation ended.

She stared anxiously at the two of us and her arms wrapped around her waist. “Its 2am.” She smiled and I stared at the clock.

“Our manager will bring you home.” YoungBae called and requested a car downstairs.

“I’ll walk you to the car.” I muttered quickly glancing at YongBae then leading her to the door.

“Thank you.” She whispered as we entered the elevator. I stared at the numbers that indicated what floor we were on.

Six, five, four, three, two, one…

We walked down the hall in silence and she walked ahead of me. I watched as her round hips sway and I knew she knew that I was watching.

‘She doesn’t want me.’

She hummed quietly, her shoes clattering like whispers against the tile floors.

‘She doesn’t want me.’

I reached out, touching her shoulder as the glass revolving doors came closer. My heart raced as she turned to me, her eyes wide.

Move without thinking.

I reached out swiftly grasping her waist. She gasped as her body moved towards mine. I pulled her close holding her against me.

I breathed in her sweet sent and my world shifted. I knew what I wanted know. I was terrified but I didn’t let her go.

Her body melted under my hands and I could feel her arms slowly snaking around my body and she held me tight. Her tinny breathing made me smile and everything seemed right.

“Your so warm.” She muttered after a while and I let her go.

“Yeah…get home safe ok.” I avoided her eyes, scared of what I would see there.

NAOMI’S POINT OF VIEW

I wanted him to look at me. To know that what I was feeling was all a mistake but his eyes turned away from me.

“Good Night.” I whispered and he nodded turning mechanically away and I headed quickly towards the car.

‘Well…something is telling me that…you’re stuck in between something. You’re really into one, but halfway into the other…’

His words rung thru my head as I stared out at the flashing light of Seoul.

Words like lyrics.

‘And you know that if you move without thinking, you’ll leave everything you worked hard for.’

I closed my eyes, trying to drown out the noise.

‘But sometimes moving without consulting the rest of your body is the only way for you to be free.’

My eyes opened wide and I suppressed a gasp.

“Oh God.”