WELCOME

StarCrossed Lovers [R]
“k-Korea?” Vivian shouted her chocolate eyes bulged and Lorine stared at the brochures with great interest.

“I know! But it won’t be so bad…I’ll call every day and I promise we’ll chat on facebook and use webcams and…” my eyes teared when my sisters hugged me tight.

“You think there will be any cute boys in Korea?” Vivian lifted a handful of curly brown hair and pouted her plump lips in the mirror.

“She’s not going to Korea to meet boys Vivian! Besides she has Calvin!”

“Well she’s going to be stuck there for a while she might as well have some fun! I heard that Korean men love to drink and smoke!” Her eyes brighted at the idea.

“You know I hate smokers Viv and yes Calvin and I are serious about each other.”

“But you two won’t have for a year? Come on! I say get some and don’t tell him.”

“Vivian! Shut up!” Lorine frowned.

“Hey what happens in Korea stays in Korea.”

I watched as my two sisters fought over me and my heart swelled with love. I smiled sadly as they helped me pack my things.

“I’ll miss you too.” Tears ran down my eyes as they hugged me tight.

* * *
“Hey girl, hurry your up!” Vivian yelled as we walked through the unbearably crowded J.F.K Airport lobby. My arms were hooked with both my sisters. Calvin huffed deeply as he had a large back pack on his back and two matching Louis suit cases.

I pouted as he struggled with the load. And I loved him and appreciated him even more.

“Women! Stop walking so damn fast!” he groaned when we finally got to the Korean line.

“Ahhh!” he sighed in relief as he dropped the luggage and rolled his strong wide shoulders.

“What a !” Lorine laughed and rolled her eyes.

Calvin glared at her but walked over to me and held me close. I forgot everything else as I breathed in his sent, choking back tears.

“The only reason why I’m here is to say goodbye to Nai. I don’t have to deal with this. It’s just you an me.” His deep voice sent shivers down my back. I though of last night he touched me like he never did before. We went on for hours knowing it would be our last for a while.

“Naomi don’t go!” Vivian cried clutching onto the both of us.

“I’ll call I promise. I’ll be back before you know it.” I sobbed kissing Calvin.

* * *
A short pale girl with bangs and narrow eyes sat next to me. She gave me a shy smile as she slid a disk into the mini CD player between us.

“You don’t mind do you?” she asked with a slight accent.

“Um no sure…go ahead.”

The screen was suddenly filled with five handsome Korean boys.

The girl next to me beamed as she sung along in Korean and I watched curiously.

“um…who are they?” I asked after the 3 hour concert was over. I felt instantly hooked.

“They’re the Big Bang!” she gushed. Showing me her photo album filled with the gorgeous boys. I flipped through the photos.

“Aren’t they cute!” she smiled.

“Yeah they are.”

“He’s my favorite! GDragon, he’s the leader of Big Bang!”

I looked at where her fingers were pointed. Smiling back at me with a sly sensuous smile was this man named GDragon.”

“Cute.” I tried to match her total enthusiasm. I wasn’t really into Asian boy bands.

* * *
Ten gruesome hours later the large plane finally began to drop and I was awoken by one of the flight attendees. I stretched my legs and yawned.

My eyes widened at the endless sea of people. Not one looked like me. Some eyed me and my dark skin with curiosity or amazement. I smiled shyly at them. Others stares were more impolite.

I walked in circles until I spotted a woman with a large sign in messy English letters that said; WELCOME NAOMI!