A Part Time Job?

Run and Hide (Hiatus)

“Aish, what a long day of work it’s been.” Sammy sighed as she locked up the store.

Mr. Shin left her an hour ago because he had made plans with some old friends.  So he left Sammy to clean up the whole store that evening.

Sammy began the quiet walk home. Her mind drifted to Junhyung and their meal together. She couldn’t help but smile at the thought of him. When she made it home though, there was a car she strangely recognized parked on the street.

She quickly walked up the stairs to see if she was right.

Sammy walked inside her home, announcing that she was back. Sitting on the couch with Seunghee was the person she knew who owned the car.

“Seunghyun.” she sounded annoyed.

“Hello to you too.” he grinned.

“Welcome back Sammy.” her friend greeted, “Seunghyun here brought back your purse.” she gestured to the table that held a purse that Sammy has never seen before.

“I don’t remember leaving or even having this type of bag.” she looked at him knowingly.

“Really? I’m sure that it was yours because you’re the only girl I’ve driven home in that car.” he smirked.

“Well you should check that memory of yours. Besides this is not my style.” she picked up the new bag and compared it with the bag she had now.

Her bag was completely worn out and it had buttons and patches of rock groups while the other was made of leather and had buckles.

“Yeah Seunghyun oppa. I think you might be mistaken. That does not suit Sammy at all.” Seunghee agreed.

Seunghyun had an irritated look on his face and quickly stood up, “I’m sorry then. I’ll guess I’ll be going.” he nodded.

“Good night!” Seunghee waved at him oblivious to both of their irritation.

He walked over to Sammy and took the bag from her.

“Good night.” she smiled at him, “I’ll walk you out.”

He didn’t say anything and continued to leave. Sammy followed him outside.

“What was that about?” she asked once the door was closed.

“Nothing,” he spoke walking down the stairs.

“You knew that wasn’t my bag? Why did you come?” she crossed her arms not knowing why she was mad at him but followed him anyways.

“I told you it was nothing.” he walked outside into the brisk summer air.

“Fine if you don’t want to tell me,” she threw up her hands and turned around.

“Sammy,” he called out holding the door with his foot.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

Sammy hesitated in answering back so she turned around to look at him. His hands were in his nicely ironed pants and he was looking at her with his intense gaze.

“Umm, Seunghee made dinner.” she answered gulping down her butterflies.

“I didn’t see anything in the kitchen.” he spoke softly.

“I’m tired Seunghyun.” she sighed.

“Fine if you don’t want to go with me than just say so.” he said bitterly.

Sammy sighed and walked down the last of the steps. She walked over to Seunghyun and held the door open for herself. She was afraid of him. She was afraid because she knew she would easily fall for him. Which is why she was irritated with him today.

“That isn’t what I meant.” she sighed.

“So you will?” he smiled.

Sammy laughed lightly at his boyish ways, “Seunghyun why did you come here? Why did you buy me a brand new bag?”

“Sammy, look the reason I came here was-”

They both heard footsteps coming down which stopped him from finishing his sentence. Eunmi came out with a bag of trash. She had a surprise look on her face seeing the two outside. She also noticed how close they were standing.

“Oh, Hello Sammy...Seunghyun.” her eyes widen as she greeted the idol.

“Hello Eunmi.” he greeted, “I was just dropping off Sammy here.” he smiled.

“Yes, I was just thanking him and saying good night.” Sammy told her, “Ah well good night. Thank you for the ride.” she bowed her head lightly taking a step away from Seunghyun.

“Good night.” he smiled.

Sammy quickly went inside and started walking up the stairs.. When she reached her door Eunmi called for her.

“Sammy, wait up? I was meaning to ask you something.”

“Yes?” she asked hoping it didn’t involve Seunghyun.

“Well my boss found out about you helping us the other day,” she slowly spoke.

“Oh! I hope I didn’t get you in trouble or Lee.” she started.

“Oh, no of course you didn’t.” Eunmi stopped her from apologizing, “You were awesome. And that’s why I’m asking if you would... if you would work with our team?”

“Huh?” Sammy’s mouth dropped.

“Well it’s just that we haven’t had anyone replace the last girl and its tough finding girls who don’t go crazy over idols.” Eunmi explained.

Sammy sat down on the steps feeling even more exhausted.

“Eunmi, I’d like to help and say yes but Seunghee’s father needs me at the shop.” she sighed.

Eunmi nodded and sat down next to her, “But we would only need you on some days. It’ll be a part time job.”

“A part time job?” Sammy mulled the idea in her head.

“Yes, please say you’ll do it? We really need you.” Eunmi held Sammy’s hands.

Sammy looked at her and saw the desperation in her eyes. She couldn’t say no.

“Fine I’ll do it.” she smiled.

Eunmi smiled and hugged her, “Thank you! Thank you Sammy!” she cheered.

“Okay now leave I need to sleep.” Sammy laughed.

“Okay good night.” she hugged her one more time then left.

Sammy shook her head at herself for agreeing to the job. She didn’t know if she could handle seeing Seunghyun on a regular basis.

“What am I thinking?” she said to herself as she walked back into her apartment.

“You’re thinking of that handsome guy that was just here.” Seunghee called from her room.

“Was not!” Sammy called back.

“You were too and don’t deny it! I am not blind!” she laughed.

Sammy laughed at her and joined her friend in her room.

“How was your day?” she asked as she lay on the bed.

“Very relaxing.” she hummed as she wiped her face. “Yours?”

“Very non relaxing.” Sammy sighed.

“Really? Well I heard that a guy came by the shop today and you too shared a meal?” she snickered.

Sammy sat up, “Where did you hear that from?”

“Who else? My dad of course. He can be the gossiper.” she laughed.

Sammy sighed and laid back down, “Well that’s a shocker.”

“Don’t be embarrassed. He just thought he would play matchmaker.” Seunghee comforted her.

“Why would he play matchmaker?”

“It’s because he thinks of you as his daughter.” Seunghee answered.

“What?” she sat up again.

Seunghee nodded wiping her face with a dry towel, “Yeah, he’s even told me himself.” she grinned, “and I think of you as a sister.”

Sammy could feel the tears forming in her eyes. She smiled at Seunghee and laughed to cover her tears.

“Thank you Seunghee. I couldn’t have asked for a better friend.”

“Aww look at you getting all emotional.” she teased but hugged Sammy.

“Yeah, just look at me.” she laughed.

 

 

---

A/N

Hi readers! How are you all? I hope you're all doing fine. Did you like this chapter?  I hope you did and Thank you for the comments VIP's! <3