No More Idols Please?!

Run and Hide (Hiatus)

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

He looked at her, “I don’t know what you mean? I’m just a hungry customer.” he smiled trying to look innocent.

“Did you follow me?” she almost laughed at the thought.

Seunghyun felt foolish in front of her, “Of course not! I’m not a stalker. I just heard from Eunmi that this was a good noodle shop.” he shrugged.

Sammy looked back at her boss who was working hard in the kitchen then turned back to Seunghyun.

“Fine if you’re sticking with that follow me.” she and showed him to a free table.

She handed him a menu.

“Would you like something to drink?” she asked.

He looked up to her and smiled. He couldn’t help but think she looked really cute in a ponytail.

“Just water please?”

Sammy nodded then walked to the back without saying anything to him. She checked on her other customers taking her time talking to them. She may be a foreigner but that didn’t stop Sammy from being friendly.

When she got to the back Seunghee was on her break. She was sitting in the only chair in the kitchen reading a book.

She took a quick look at the front.

“Who’s the cutie in the black hat?” she asked Sammy.

Sammy looked where Seunghee was and shook her head with a smile.

“That would be the one and only Seunghyun.” she answered.

She heard a big clash and looked to her friend. Seunghee was standing up and her book was on the ground.

“What? What is he doing here?!” she squeaked.

“I have no clue. I think he may have followed me.” Sammy hummed.

“He f-followed... what is that you’re helping Eunmi with again?” she asked with a tilt of her head.

“I’m helping her at her salon. You know with the idols they care for.” she spoke like it wasn’t a big deal.

“You’re working with idols?” Seunghee was closer to her and whispered her excitement.

“Why is it a big deal?” she asked pouring a glass of water for him.

“It’s a big deal because you’re working with idols. Do you know how crazy their fans get?”

Sammy looked to her friend with a sceptical look, “Like how you’re acting?”

Seunghee sighed, “I’m only warning you. If he followed you here like you suspect and his unexpected visit last night then he must like you.”

“What? Now that’s a crazy idea.” Sammy laughed, “I got to get back to work.”

Seunghee let her go with a “be careful” look and picked up her book. Sammy nodded leaving with the glass of water.

She looked at Seungyun and thinking of her friends words back there she giggled again. He couldn’t possibly like her. They were complete opposites in every way. She hardly combed her hair, she wore her jeans two days in a row, she didn’t wear much makeup and all she owned were one pair of sneakers.

He looked like a model straight out of the magazines. His hair was carefully placed, he had better skin than her, and his clothes were always clean.

They didn’t match. Sammy knew they didn’t and maybe if she had stayed with her family they could have had something but even then it wouldn’t have worked out. They lived in complete different worlds.

Sammy smiled and placed his drink on the table letting all her silly thoughts go.

“Did you decide on what you’d like?” she asked taking out her notepad and pen.

He looked up at her with his incredible eyes and nodded.

“Just the lunch special please.” he smiled.

Sammy nodded and took his menu, “Ok it shouldn’t take long.”

“Sammy,” he called out before she left.

She looked at him waiting for what he was going to say.

“Are you doing anything after work?” he asked with a smile.

Sammy thought about it, “I’m going home to sleep.” she nodded then walked away.

She had a grin on her face as she thought of the face he gave her. Then the door opened and a new customer walked in. Sammy smiled at the person and walked over to him.

“Hey, you came back?” she grinned at Junhyung.

“Hi,” Junhyung grinned back.

“Follow me.” she nodded.

She took him to the table by the window while walking by Seunghyun.

“Junhyung?” he spoke out.

They both turned to him.

“Top hyung?”

Junhyung walked over to him and did a slight bow, “Hello.”

“Why are you here?” he asked.

“We have a small studio up the road and...” he looked to Sammy who was standing there confused, “they have really good noodles here.” he nodded looking back to Seunghyun.

Seunghyun looked over to where he was looking and seen Sammy standing there. He gazed down hiding his grin, “Noodles,” he whispered knowing what that meant. He looked up to the Beast member and nodded.

“So I’ve heard.” he spoke, “Well I have to get going.” he stood up.

“Good bye hyung.” Junhyung said.

Seunghyun nodded, placed a bill on the table and he simply walked out. Sammy saw him go outside and took a step forward but stopped when Junhyung turned around. He looked at her with a questioningly look.

“Sammy?” he asked.

She looked at him and smiled, “This way.”

Sammy absentmindedly gave him a menu and walked over to where Seunghyun was sitting. She noticed that the glass of water she place was still full and there was a 50,000 KRW on the table. She gulped at the amount and shook her head.

Without a second thought she ran after him. Outside she glanced up the street and found him turning the corner. She ran in that direction and when she turned the corner she bumped into him.

“Now who’s following who?” he smirked.

Sammy raised her eyebrows but brushed what he said.

“You forgot this.” she handed him the bill.

He shook his head, “No I didn’t.” then he gave it back.

“Uh yes you did.” she gave it back to him.

“No,” he said giving it back.

“Yes,” she gave it to him.

“No. I left-”

“Aish, will you just take it back? You really over paid.” she gave up and put the money directly into his palm.

“Seunghyun please just take it back. It’s too much.”

“No I’m not accepting it back. It’s yours so do with what you want.” He smiled.

Sammy had enough of his childish actions and ripped the money into confetti and threw it up in the air. She puffed out her breath and let out a sigh of relief. Seunghyun watched as she did it and a smile came to his face.

“What?” she asked.

“Nothing.” He smiled.

What Seunghyun was thinking was how different Sammy was to everyone else he knew.

“Well quit smiling. I’ll see you around.” She simply said and walked away.

“Where are you going?” he asked following her down the street.

“I’m still working.”

Seunghyun stopped and nodded. He forgot that she was still working at the noodle shop.

“Why are you working two jobs anyways?” he asked and started walking behind her.

“Why do you want to know?” she stopped walking and turned to look at him.

“Curiosity.” he answered.

 Sammy nodded but turned around and continued to walk with no look back at him. He laughed at her actions but didn’t ask again.

“Ok well I’ll see you at the next shoot!” he called out and waved.

Sammy waved back without turning and went back inside.  The place was quiet meaning that the lunch hour rush was over.

She walked over to Junhyung who was still sitting there waiting.

“I’m so sorry I left like that. He just forgot his change.” Sammy explained.

“No that’s okay. You were being a good citizen.” He smiled.

Sammy smiled feeling relieved again, “Are you ready to order?” she asked.

He nodded and ordered the same noodles as last time. This time Sammy couldn’t sit with him since there were still many customers.

In the back Seunghee eyed her friend and the cute guy she was serving. When Sammy came to the back she jumped on her.

“Now who’s that?” she smiled.

“That’s the guy that made your dad play matchmaker.”

“Wow! My dad has good taste.” She laughed.

Sammy laughed with her.

“I heard that Seunghee!” her father yelled.

The two girls muffled their laughter.

“You two should be working not acting like school girls!” he continued.

Sammy agreed and calmed down. Seunghee did the same and went to clear the tables. While Sammy picked up Junhyung’s order.

“So how do you know Seunghyun?” she asked with no thought as she placed his order in front of him.

Junhyung looked up at her, “We’re in the same business and sometimes we run into each other at events and shows.” He told the truth.

Sammy looked confused.

“I’m an idol too.”

He saw how wide Sammy eyes went.

“You’re an idol too?” Sammy sat down from the surprise of his answer.

He nodded.

“Why didn’t you tell me right away?” she asked.

“I wanted to make sure you weren’t a crazy fan girl.”

“Oh” was all she could utter.

“Are you mad?” he asked.

“No, no why should I be mad? You were just being careful. I get it.” She smiled.

“I’m glad.” He sighed.

Sammy realized that she was sitting down and stood up.

“Well I’ll leave you to your meal.”

She shook her head in disbelief. She went to the back to get some air. Sammy could not believe it. She couldn’t believe that Junhyung was an idol. In the few months that she was here all she met were idols. For once she would like to meet a guy who was not involved in entertainment. When she felt calm Sammy walked back in and continued to work.

“Good work girls.” Mr. Shin smiled.

Seunghee and Sammy had finished cleaning the shop when Mr. Shin was done the dishes. All three walked out together and Mr. Shin closed the shop.

“The shop is going to be closed tomorrow.” he waved good bye.

The two stood there with a surprised look on their faces. “The day off?” They both thought and looked to each other.

“You heard that right?” Seunghee asked.

Sammy nodded, “Definitely.”

“Thank you!” they yelled.

Mr. Shin waved at them and told them to go home before he changes his mind. The girls laughed and quickly walked away.

When they reached the apartment Sammy collapsed on the couch and Seunghee was on the rug. Sammy let out a big relaxing sigh. She stretched her body like a cat and all her limbs gave a slight cracking noise.

“Get some reset Sammy.” her friend patted her head and placed a blanket on her.

Sammy hummed in agreement and closed her eyes.

 

----

A/N

Hi everyone! How are you guys? I hope everything is good and healthy in your lives outside the internet ^_^

So did you enjoy this lengthy update? I had fun writing it! Thank you to those who are commenting! It motivates me to write! I'll try to update soon. Until next time!